Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E account hacked!!!  (Read 3250 times)
Pingonious (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:39:16 AM

Hi to all,

I am posting this hoping to see if anyone has had any luck getting anything resolved with these people. I opened an account on 4/16 and funded in via PM in the form on $1065 USD. I then placed a buy order for btc totaling $1050 and leaving $15 in cash. When I checked in the morning to see if my order got filled, I found my order cancelled and my account with a $0 balance. I informed support and they told me a redeem code was issued and the gave me the code. When I attempted to redeem, the code had already been used and not by me. Then gave me the last IP address that accessed my account and one was from the Netherlands and the other from Germany. When I then sent them an email asking how they were going to correct the issue I have not heard anything back since.

Has anyone had any luck?

Mods, I apologize if there is already a thread on the topic, feel free to do with the post as deemed necessary.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 04:41:35 AM

Oh dear, sad to hear this.
Your computer is probably/possibly infected.
Get avast + http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and scan.

Note: Always set up strong passwords. (best case: write something huge on a piece of paper and use that).
Hope it gets resolved Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:44:25 AM

The funny thing is a have a strong password or at least I thought I did. Just hope I can get this resolved.
neversummer89

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:46:48 AM

Bummer man, hope it gets resolved.
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:51:35 AM

Wishin you well ...

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
anambob

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:54:19 AM

Oh dear, sad to hear this.
Your computer is probably/possibly infected.
Get avast + http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and scan.

Note: Always set up strong passwords. (best case: write something huge on a piece of paper and use that).
Hope it gets resolved Smiley

or maybe can use unix or linux family  Grin
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:56:45 AM

looks like I will be setting up one of my spare machines.
anambob

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:59:49 AM

don't trust all apps you download on internet (crack version), and keep update your OS
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:05:38 AM

don't trust all apps you download on internet (crack version), and keep update your OS

I am good in that sense. I am not in the habit of downloading cracked versions of software.
anambob

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:10:36 AM

I am good in that sense. I am not in the habit of downloading cracked versions of software.

I know for a window old version, many bugs and very easy to use metasploit for attacking, so my advice is always updating the OS, or maybe you can make a router with firewall (like a IPS / IDS)
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:15:39 AM

I work in the technology field so tend to stay up on the latest versions of software and make it a point to be up to date on the updates. There is another thread on this site related to the same issue I am having but I cannot post there as of yet. So I figured I would start one up in the only place I can vent my frustrations at the moment.
holysmokes

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

did you enable the "withdraw only with request on email" for your account?
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:47:38 PM

did you enable the "withdraw only with request on email" for your account?

I did not at the time of the incident
holysmokes

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:04:19 PM

what OS are you using?

do you have java installed?

are you using the same username/email/password over and over again?

Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:09:03 PM

what OS are you using?

do you have java installed?

are you using the same username/email/password over and over again?

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Java is installed - was enabled at the time of the incident it is now disabled and noscript add-on installed

I do not use the same email and password over and over.

Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:48:28 PM

Has anyone else here had this happen to them?
clicksmoney

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:12:53 PM

Are you special for some reason. OZcoin pool got attacked. That's targeted. Does anyone have physical access to your computer?

Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

Are you special for some reason. OZcoin pool got attacked. That's targeted. Does anyone have physical access to your computer?

First of all, at no point in time did I specify I was special. I am trying to determine if anyone else ( on BTC-e ) has had this happen to them and had it resolved. So I suggest if you have nothing useful to contribute to the topic, you can keep your comments to yourself.
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:28:52 PM

First of all, at no point in time did I specify I was special. I am trying to determine if anyone else ( on BTC-e ) has had this happen to them and had it resolved. So I suggest if you have nothing useful to contribute to the topic, you can keep your comments to yourself.

Actually he is usefull. And that's a valid question.

Attacks/hacks are usually targeted and untargeted, as you said you have common security sense, so it may be a targeted attack, then, if it was, the question is why you?

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
Pingonious (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:33:20 PM

Actually he is usefull. And that's a valid question.

Attacks/hacks are usually targeted and untargeted, as you said you have common security sense, so it may be a targeted attack, then, if it was, the question is why you?

Physically, no one has access to my computer but me. From the little info given to me by support at BTC-e, the 2 IPs that accessed my account, one was from the Netherlands and the other from Germany, I reside in the US.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: