Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acquired Old Hardware - WAT DO?  (Read 618 times)
marblesnmarbles (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 04:19:17 PM

Hi there!

I've acquired some old mining hardware - specifically:

- ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube @ +/- 37ghs
- USB Clock Erupters (ASIC) (x3) @ 800+/- mhs (total when all 3 are running)

I'm completely new to all of this but it took me no time at all looking into this to discover that these devices aren't performing well enough to mine BTC in 2017, so I've started looking into alternative SHA256 coins that are perhaps less demanding. As of yet, I have managed to get 0.07PPC in about 3 days using just the Cube. I have started looking into Burst, as well as some CPU-Mined coins, but I'd like to use this hardware all the same since I have no inclination to let it all collect dust and I don't feel like selling it.

So, I have some questions:
- If your only hardware was the hardware I've listed above, how would YOU use it?
- What the heck do I do with these USB Erupters? Is there anything SHA256 that can be mined at < 1ghs?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:44:05 PM

you'll need to adjust the fields but whattomine is a good place to start
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:44:49 PM

Welcome.

Ive sold most of my old BlockEruptors but for awhile I used them to solo mine BTC in hopes of hitting a block (some call this lottery mining because IF you hit a block you collect 12.5BTC.

Currently they just sit on my desk at work, not mining at all. Its more of a conversation starter. People ask what they are and then I explain Bitcoin mining and blow their minds!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
marblesnmarbles (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 05:19:55 PM

Thanks! It's telling me to roll with PPC as the #1 option so it looks like I lucked out there!

Welcome.

Ive sold most of my old BlockEruptors but for awhile I used them to solo mine BTC in hopes of hitting a block (some call this lottery mining because IF you hit a block you collect 12.5BTC.

Currently they just sit on my desk at work, not mining at all. Its more of a conversation starter. People ask what they are and then I explain Bitcoin mining and blow their minds!

Thanks! I've only managed to successfully pool mine thus far. Not sure how to go about solo mining but 12.5BTC sure sounds nice! I'm using MultiMiner, I suppose I'll have to look into solo mining with it and how that's done. Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure what I could get out of these USB Erupters besides a pretty green LED glow.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:01:12 PM

Thanks! It's telling me to roll with PPC as the #1 option so it looks like I lucked out there!

Welcome.

Thanks! I've only managed to successfully pool mine thus far. Not sure how to go about solo mining but 12.5BTC sure sounds nice! I'm using MultiMiner, I suppose I'll have to look into solo mining with it and how that's done. Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure what I could get out of these USB Erupters besides a pretty green LED glow.

Your odds of getting 12.5BTC are so slim its best just to expect nothing more than the pretty green lights. Good luck!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
marblesnmarbles (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 06:06:09 PM

Well it's a good thing I like pretty green lights!

Does anyone have anything arguably more productive than playing BTC lotto with these USB Erupters?

Maybe someday someone will make AssCoin™ or CryptoPeso™ and I can mine those  Cheesy
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 08:09:49 AM

Well it's a good thing I like pretty green lights!

Does anyone have anything arguably more productive than playing BTC lotto with these USB Erupters?

Maybe someday someone will make AssCoin™ or CryptoPeso™ and I can mine those  Cheesy

currently bitcoin is the most profitable sha256 coin to mine
if you mine other coins you will get even less

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:52:25 AM

You see the thing with ASICs is when you are done with them, everyone else is done with them too so it makes it very hard to sell (almost impossible, only buyers might be ones who doesn't know shit about btc) so I would suggest you just put them away somewhere instead of wasting your time
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

I have few erupters too, using it only for pool test.

This is my signature...
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

Sorry to sound negative.But they are now useless for any serious mining.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀