Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin problems are pushing me to Dash ! Thanks Amanda Johnson  (Read 6385 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:06:02 PM

nice work on moving the goalpost...  Angry

No you moved the goalposts and didn't answer the question. I'll repeat the original question for you:

Which of the stated allegations is FUD specifically? Could you be specific?

They are not even my allegations.

And please don't obfuscate by filling up the thread with an overload of noise. Please present a concise, COMPLETE, and very convincing retort of @smooth's allegations.

How do you prove that given "Evan Inc." had something like a majority of the token supply after the instamine, that via compounding and higher revenue for early masternodes, that he hasn't compounded this into a supermajority holding of the money supply and thus the supply of masternodes? Are we supposed to be retarded and think he (the "Evan Inc" group) would have not compounded his control.

(empty response)

btw instamine is known fact, the difference is that i dont think of it as ill intent while you do.

I didn't ask about your opinion of the intent. I asked you about facts about compounding math. But I guess you are too retarded to understand the implication of what and why I am asking you that. Does bold, red highlighting help you see?

Opinions are as valuable as assholes, everyone has one. I want facts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:15:43 PM

nice work on moving the goalpost...  Angry

No you moved the goalposts and didn't answer the question. I'll repeat the original question for you:

Which of the stated allegations is FUD specifically? Could you be specific?

They are not even my allegations.

And please don't obfuscate by filling up the thread with an overload of noise. Please present a concise, COMPLETE, and very convincing retort of @smooth's allegations.

How do you prove that given "Evan Inc." had something like a majority of the token supply after the instamine, that via compounding and higher revenue for early masternodes, that he hasn't compounded this into a supermajority holding of the money supply and thus the supply of masternodes? Are we supposed to be retarded and think he (the "Evan Inc" group) would have not compounded his control.

(empty response)

btw instamine is known fact, the difference is that i dont think of it as ill intent while you do.

I didn't ask about your opinion of the intent. I asked you about facts about compounding math. But I guess you are too retarded to understand the implication of what and why I am asking you that. Does bold, red highlighting help you see?

are you saying that dev shouldnt make any money ? dont you remember that even smooth makes money from steem ?
honestly i dont care how much Evan earn. as long as the product work as advertised, i buy it.

btw if you dont like it, why dont you make your coin sooner so i can invest ?

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

Ohh the nostalgic feeling I got from reading this thread, same ppl hating on DASH for the past 2 years are still here, Yet nothing to make their own Monero better.

Btw, I have never owned XMR (nor Dash) and you can see from my postings that I am not a Monero shill.

I am writing objectively (even I use the word 'alleged' instead of 'proven') about the Dash situation.

eh yeah, about that objectivity of yours .. it could use a bit more objectivity : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17988556#msg17988556

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

are you saying that dev shouldnt make any money ? dont you remember that even smooth makes money from steem ?
honestly i dont care how much Evan earn. as long as the product work as advertised, i buy it.

No. Yes. But doing in a way that violates SEC regulations isn't going to end well. (btw, I think you may be correct and I may have mischaracterized Steem on the Coinbase Securities Law test and I will go check that now)

My issue with it is that if it is true that it is not an aggregate market, then it can in theory be manipulated such that n00bs are fooled into buying not based on rational free markets.

And that would mean a project is extracting disproportionate capital from the ecosystem relative to its real contribution to benefits for the ecosystem.

I don't want to make money cheating people. I want to make money helping people. I want to compete in a meritocracy. It is a fundamental difference. A society of fraud collapses into MadMax destruction.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:27:32 PM

Ohh the nostalgic feeling I got from reading this thread, same ppl hating on DASH for the past 2 years are still here, Yet nothing to make their own Monero better.

Btw, I have never owned XMR (nor Dash) and you can see from my postings that I am not a Monero shill.

I am writing objectively (even I use the word 'alleged' instead of 'proven') about the Dash situation.

eh yeah, about that objectivity of yours .. it could use a bit more objectivity.

https://i.imgur.com/LqHSXjp.png

here you go..  object to that Wink

DASH Masternodes - the perfect motive for the instamine
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:32:14 PM

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/trading/dash-now-third-biggest-cryptocurrency-market-cap/

Already at all time highs when we last reported on the rally just two days ago, Dash has jumped about 30% since. One possible reason for the new jump in price,
from $28 to $37, is a recent show of confidence in Dash by cryptocurrency advocate and investor Roger Ver, aka “Bitcoin Jesus”.
He reportedly bought Dash in protest of the censorship of major Bitcoin community forums.

One of many Bitcoin whales diversifying into Dash ? 
Stay tuned...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:34:44 PM

i post off topic spam if i have nothing relevant to say....and oh, i post stuff that advertises DASH too.

typical qwizzie  Roll Eyes moves.. posting off topic spam
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:36:13 PM

https://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/meet-bitcoin-jesus

A Natural Market for the War on Cash

Your financial privacy is under assault by the War on Cash.

Every day, we get closer to a world where the government can peer on every single one of your purchases.

Fortunately, Roger told me about a new cryptocurrency that can protect your privacy more effectively than bitcoin.

It’s called Dash. We recommend you look into it.

ah, the power of Roger Ver actively promoting Dash .. i guess he got pushed to Dash too, just like with OP.
Amanda & Roger would form a great team.

iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:39:05 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:33:50 PM by iamnotback

eh yeah, about that objectivity of yours .. it could use a bit more objectivity : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg17988556#msg17988556

Lol, you have hacked one of my old accounts which I had randomly scrambled the password. I used numbers, symbols, and letters in the scrambled password, so this means there is some breach of BCT security. @mprep has been notified.

This goes to show what sleazy scammers the Dash mafia is.

That former account of mine is archived so there is a record of what it was before the hackers got to it:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160422155904/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=385303;sa=showPosts;start=0
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:41:11 PM

Lol, you have hacked one of my old accounts which I had randomly scrambled the password. I used numbers, symbols, and letters in the scrambled password, so this means there is some breach of BCT security. @mprep has been notified.

This goes to show what sleazy scammers the Dash mafia is.

If i had any hacking skills, i would not be here now would i  Roll Eyes

iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:54:50 PM

@qwizzie and I have agreed to stop arguing. And move on with our respective actions.

I will stop writing about Dash. (if someone asks me in the future, I will tell them to dig in the archives without digging for them)

Let's see what our ecosystem wants and does.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 08:12:33 AM

Dump dash scam and go for real thing... Read down there, just below.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 06:19:29 AM

I'm really curious why there is such a strong Dash is a scam sentiment among some in the BTC community. Is it because you disagree with the distribution, conduction of the leaders or believe the technology is in some way flawed? We actually did a very comprehensive study of Dash's treasury (https://iohk.io/research/papers/dash-governance-system-analysis-and-suggestions-for-improvement/) and while significant issues were found, they at least appear to be trying to create a decentralized funding mechanism.

I cannot comment on initial distribution nor if any of the founders have a past history of bad actions. I will point out however that despite initial distribution if coins flow to a larger group over time from the founders that the project does become fairly decentralized. For example, Nxt has one of the worst distributions ever and now I suspect coins are fairly well distributed. Of course, Nxt isn't doing so well so maybe its a moot point  Grin

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 07:47:50 AM

I'm really curious why there is such a strong Dash is a scam sentiment among some in the BTC community. Is it because you disagree with the distribution, conduction of the leaders or believe the technology is in some way flawed? We actually did a very comprehensive study of Dash's treasury (https://iohk.io/research/papers/dash-governance-system-analysis-and-suggestions-for-improvement/) and while significant issues were found, they at least appear to be trying to create a decentralized funding mechanism.

I cannot comment on initial distribution nor if any of the founders have a past history of bad actions. I will point out however that despite initial distribution if coins flow to a larger group over time from the founders that the project does become fairly decentralized. For example, Nxt has one of the worst distributions ever and now I suspect coins are fairly well distributed. Of course, Nxt isn't doing so well so maybe its a moot point  Grin

I think the past is essential if you are considering PoS schemes with PoS-style governance.  How can you obtain decentralization, if the initial distribution is highly centralized (near 100% in the beginning), and if the PoS schemes are such that this ratio is decreasing much slower than if there was distributed PoW at a certain point ?  Moreover, if a majority of this initially centralized PoS system is also deciding upon everything else (hard forks, protocol modifications ; who knows, unmixing and revealing former anonymisation, reverting former transactions, everything you can think off) ?
In what way is this different from a central bank ?
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:16:13 AM

Dash latest rise looks so great and attract people to traced it history, how and why. But your statement seems denounce Dash and (Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.)  it is a scam project?
I'm curious too, why you disagree with this coin, however, any kind of perspective is a good point for consider it.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:53:01 AM

Transaction time for bitcoin has become a great matter of concern.I am also waiting for the past 2 days for confirmation, yet it still shows me 60 hours more remaining for confirmation.Can you wait for 3 days for a transaction in this fast moving digital world.Its making some people to loose their interest in bitcoin.If its not solved, then bitcoin community should be ready to face a big drawback.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:04:13 AM

It is a moot point because evans holds over 500 masternodes. So no it was not redistributed as well as you're are saying.

The funding is meant to come from the massive premine/instamine so why take all that then try to decentralise the funding mechanism.

It's a proven scam. Use the search function here there is plenty of information available.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:05:31 AM

Dash latest rise looks so great and attract people to traced it history, how and why. But your statement seems denounce Dash and (Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.)  it is a scam project?
I'm curious too, why you disagree with this coin, however, any kind of perspective is a good point for consider it.

You have looked at those links and read the OP and the links contained and continue to ask why it is a scam?

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:20:26 AM

it is a scam project?

This is my stance on it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1808840.msg18033162#msg18033162

tl;dr: it is not a scam because the notion of scam cannot exist in a trustless environment.

It is a crypto system, mainly centralized in the hands of a "central banker", and all this is documented, so if you use that system in a trustless environment, it means that you did your homework and agreed, or it means that you don't care, or it means that you are careless. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:56:53 AM

it is a scam project?

This is my stance on it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1808840.msg18033162#msg18033162

tl;dr: it is not a scam because the notion of scam cannot exist in a trustless environment.

It is a crypto system, mainly centralized in the hands of a "central banker", and all this is documented, so if you use that system in a trustless environment, it means that you did your homework and agreed, or it means that you don't care, or it means that you are careless.  

Good philosophical argument but those that get lied to and deceived and subsequently lose greatly financially may wish to disagree with you.

I don't think we should seek to create a place where if a deception/trick with negative impact is conducted we can't say its a bad thing and try to prevent it happening again.

You will always find those that can take any seemingly obvious good or bad thing and give you a convincing and very logical thought path to the opposite view. In the end the vast majority will go with what seems obvious without thinking 50 levels deeper than they do generally in life.

Someone lies and deceives you and the result is negative to you. 99% or great of people will agree its a bad thing. There will be exceptions but if you live life based on the exceptions then you will find it hard to be part of society really.

I think the only place the word scam is not applicable is a place where lies,deception and trickery are not able to have any impact on the outcome of events.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: