Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8169 times)
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:42:45 AM

Global disaster would decrease the value of bitcoin for logical reasons. People would be affected financially and there would be less money to invest in cryptocurrecncies. Less money immediately means less demand.....and we all know btc is dependent on demand and supply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:03:04 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
It would surely decrease the value of bitcoin and the rest of coins. All are going to be affected financially. The lesser the money the lesser will be the investors. Let us pray this will not happen.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
IndzheborgC

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:44:26 AM

During the war, bread changed to gold at a completely different rate, which in peacetime. So bitcoin will be cheap with respect to vital things.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:51:04 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

Maybe due to economic collapse which could possibly bring devastation to fiats, they might convert their money to BTC to protect their wealth which, in return, would drive its price up. Though, on the other hand, it can be that they might withdraw their investment to fuel their survival prowess or exchange it to some solid investment like gold maybe? Not so sure about that. One thing is for sure, the population would greatly be decreased if a great natural disaster or big wars happen.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

Hi ! First message here.

what kind of damage will affect the world?if this is world war and may last for long well i think the answer will be revealed after the war..though for me the price will go higher since this is virtual,and the monetary may be misplace or been burn out since war is really devastating.so nothing has an option but to use crypto as money for a while until the world recovers from this
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:47:41 PM

Hi ! First message here.

what kind of damage will affect the world?if this is world war and may last for long well i think the answer will be revealed after the war..though for me the price will go higher since this is virtual,and the monetary may be misplace or been burn out since war is really devastating.so nothing has an option but to use crypto as money for a while until the world recovers from this
we must understand that the existence of the crypto currency depends only on the well-being of the whole world. If there are any cataclysms or wars, then you can put an end to the crypto currency.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:59:09 PM

Hi ! First message here.

well for me,this is the graceful exit for the investors who might have a chance  to full out all their funds here and keep the money while these disaster or war happenings.and will coz for the breakfall of cryptocurrency world.but i pray that this will never happen because millions of people will loss their future if all this things come reality.
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:24:47 PM

It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

A big war right now would throw a large portion of the world into shambles for a while, and the longer it goes on the significantly more damaging it will be. As long as the internet is operating, Bitcoin will be able to proliferate, but there are so many individual variables that can affect whether or not Bitcoin would be good that it's next to impossible to determine either way.

in my opinion bitcoin prices are not affected by that sort of thing so I think you should never think that way. believe in bitcoin
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:34:28 PM

If the natural disaster hit the crypto related equipment,i think it will affect the price slightly.Like if earthquake hit some crypto mining equipment and destroy it all or hit the server of some crypto market to render it's function.If war happen,i think crypto will be used to buy some weapon and it will affect the price for sure.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:07:58 PM

i think it would deccrease it. because bitcoin is still far away to be used as a currency or as a payment method. people would not trust cryptocurrencies in case of any such situation. oppositely they would like to cash out and keep your money in their hands.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:15:04 PM

Hi ! First message here.

Everything is possible to happen but to think of on monetary to be diminished I don't even believe that this thing would be easily happen.When it comes to natural disaster like having an EMP or solar flare or whatsoever similar calamities or events it can really affect the price.Why? When these things do hit us up then for sure internet would be gone not only bitcoin would be affected but all the things who do rely on internet connection.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:44:02 PM

If the natural disaster hit the crypto related equipment,i think it will affect the price slightly.Like if earthquake hit some crypto mining equipment and destroy it all or hit the server of some crypto market to render it's function.If war happen,i think crypto will be used to buy some weapon and it will affect the price for sure.
Natural disasters always effect every aspect of our life, therefore we can expect that it will also effect the crypto market also. In fact in such situation people may not give full attention to crypto market to trade coins, therefore the demand will decrease and therefore it will certainly effect the whole market, so i can say that natural disaster must have some bad effect on crypto market.
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:01:23 PM

Anything that might effect people's emotion might indirectly effect the value of bitcoins. That's how exchanges work. So it can very well have an effect on the price.
Mining is unfortunately contributing to global warming so you might say as the two are directly linked if a disaster caused by global warming might happen that might very well negatively affect the price of the currency.
douglock

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:58:02 PM

I think that global disaster will increase the price of bitcoin because physical threat can not harm bitcoin. People will try to save their properties by exchange their money into bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Digital assets are the best way to save money during a disaster
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:59:36 PM

Hi ! First message here.

It is still depends on where country that disaster will landfall. But I think there will be effects if this happens and for me bitcoin price will increase. For example 50% of bitcoin holders are affected of a disaster. In my own understanding how bitcoin price works is when the supply of bitcoin is high, bitcoin price will decrease but when bitcoin supply is in demand that's the time that it will decrease. So in our example lets say that all the telecommunications network are affected in that disaster even internet service providers, the demand of bitcoin will get slow and the supply will increase.
Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

Maybe due to economic collapse which could possibly bring devastation to fiats, they might convert their money to BTC to protect their wealth which, in return, would drive its price up. Though, on the other hand, it can be that they might withdraw their investment to fuel their survival prowess or exchange it to some solid investment like gold maybe? Not so sure about that. One thing is for sure, the population would greatly be decreased if a great natural disaster or big wars happen.

People usually run away from speculative assets when bad things start happening, be it a natural disaster like a war - well, sort of - or more like an economic crisis or collapse. But I agree that Bitcoin may in fact be different from other speculative assets due to its universal nature. If things go bad economically in some small country, the population there may be willing to pick up crypto as a safe haven asset like it happened in Venezuela.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:33:31 PM

when the global disaster will happen this will lead to decrease in the price of the cryptocurrencies because at that time people will try to sell their coins so that they can hold the money for their daily needs. when the supply will increase then the value will automatically decrease, even the government will also try to stop trading and start focusing on the maintaining the country

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:25:19 PM

So far we can see that in countries with hyperinflation and where there was tension with the threat of local military conflicts, the price of bitcoin and other crypto currencies rose sharply in value. If there is a global catastrophe, then they are usually valued for real physical things and objects that will be needed in everyday life. It is unlikely that then someone will choose bitcoin instead of some warm clothes, an ax or another instrument. With global cataclysms, money depreciates, barter becomes very important. I think that then bitcoin and other crypto currency will not be necessary to anyone, even if there is still an Internet.

natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:04:48 PM

So far we can see that in countries with hyperinflation and where there was tension with the threat of local military conflicts, the price of bitcoin and other crypto currencies rose sharply in value. If there is a global catastrophe, then they are usually valued for real physical things and objects that will be needed in everyday life. It is unlikely that then someone will choose bitcoin instead of some warm clothes, an ax or another instrument. With global cataclysms, money depreciates, barter becomes very important. I think that then bitcoin and other crypto currency will not be necessary to anyone, even if there is still an Internet.
if something serious happens on the planet, only precious and precious metals will remain valuable. All the paper money, and the more electronic ones will simply disappear and disappear.
sharnel18

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:25:19 AM

Hi ! First message here.

Depends on the situation on what happened of the community if the global disaster strike and if the impact got things worst from that natural calamity ,bitcoin for sure will affected and people wont bother to care about the price wether it encrease or decrease of its value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: