Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new smart contract platform?  (Read 345 times)
coinfirst (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:57:22 PM

In last years, the most successful smart contract platform is Ethereum. But Ethereum also has some problems such as congest of transaction in some ico moment, PoW's waste of energy...etc. Does a new improved smart contract platform can make sense? And if so, what the features you hope to add? or, besides smart contract, what the future blockchain would look like?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DuarteFig

Activity: 169
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 02:16:23 PM

There are already other smart contract platforms. Some were originated from Ethereum forks (such as Ubiq and Expanse) and others are independent.

However, Ethereum is still under constant development and they have new releases planned to solve the issues you mentioned. You should try to read about the Metropolis release planned for later this year and plans of implementing Proof-of-Stake and other improvements in the network.

I googled it and found a post from february that looks interesting:
https://www.ethnews.com/ethereums-road-map-for-2017

So, for me, Ethereum technology still plays a major role in the future of blockchain and I am not looking for another smart contract platform to support.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:28:29 PM

There are already other smart contract platforms. Some were originated from Ethereum forks (such as Ubiq and Expanse) and others are independent.

However, Ethereum is still under constant development and they have new releases planned to solve the issues you mentioned. You should try to read about the Metropolis release planned for later this year and plans of implementing Proof-of-Stake and other improvements in the network.

So, for me, Ethereum technology still plays a major role in the future of blockchain and I am not looking for another smart contract platform to support.
I agree with you, the metropolis update looks good for the future of ethereum platform. And i have remembered vitalik said that pos implemented already over 75% ready and i think in the next year we will see the pos already implemented that makes the price of ethereum goes to the moon.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
yillusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

i think eth will play a important role in blockchain, but there must be some new altcoin which can threat eth, maybe eos, maybe other one, i will never put all egg in one basket
coinfirst (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:55:57 PM

The roadmap looks really good and the new features may be realize well. But some other platforms may have different solutions to the problem mentioned above. So if some of them have more efficient methods, there are still worth playing.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

The roadmap looks really good and the new features may be realize well. But some other platforms may have different solutions to the problem mentioned above. So if some of them have more efficient methods, there are still worth playing.

I have heard somewhere the ETH is trying to solve the congest of transaction in some ico moment, and Vitalik has announced POW will be replaced by POS at the end of this year, so let's see what ETH will be.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Knepala

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:19:39 PM

I am excited about NEO.

MarMoCoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Market Mover

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 03:42:14 PM

There are already many smart contract platforms aside from Ethereum.

There are more coming and will be more still.

This is only the beginning, we're still going to see many new things develop for a long time to come.

MarketMover.pro
MarketMoverCoin -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2050013
Moving markets in ways you can only imagine Wink
shenjing85

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:47:26 PM

There are already many smart contract platforms aside from Ethereum.

There are more coming and will be more still.

This is only the beginning, we're still going to see many new things develop for a long time to come.

I think the ETH will still be the number one in a long time since its powerful community strength, more and more ICO project use ETH as the smart contract platform.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███