Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:51:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106652 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:10:39 PM

Agreed they look to be crap, it would be nice to see someone build one designed to take a pci-e power plug and be good to go, would make using server psu awesome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mikkiun

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:14:03 PM

I ilke this mining garage. I wish I would have a small one to mine ETH or ZEC.
it's very nice. Thank you for your share.

Minexcoin-A new era of payments||ICO||DISCUSSION
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

im waiting for a decent miner oriented pico psu adapter for my sidehack server psu/breakout board too.

needs:
6 pin pcie input
4 pin cpu power cable (long)
sata power lead (long)
takagari
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:40:18 PM

im waiting for a decent miner oriented pico psu adapter for my server psu/breakout board too.

needs:
6 pin pcie input
sata power lead (long)

Sata is nice of course, but I'd be fine without, simplemining on a usb.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:43:07 PM

Sata is nice of course, but I'd be fine without, simplemining on a usb.

could be optional but it would be nice for non m2 mobos and those who want non usb based rigs.
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

im waiting for a decent miner oriented pico psu adapter for my sidehack server psu/breakout board too.

needs:
6 pin pcie input
sata power lead (long)

The Pico Finksy / Hawkfish will work with all the breakout boards that uses 6Pin.  You won't be needing the CPU power from the PICO.  It's a 160W Pico with custom cablings.  The 6pin splitter will have a pigtail that have the barrel connector to power the Pico and another adapter for the 8 Pin EPS CPU connection.  It will also have the 1 molex and 1 Sata because like you, I still want to have the option of Running Windows for undervolting or ROM flashing if I want. 

Finksy is sending me a unit in a couple of weeks to test.  I just lacked the patience so I tried to Jerry Rigged a solution from Ebay to play and be more familiar with it.  My plan is to replaced all the baby ATX psu with PICOs to reduce cabling and the space used up by the ATX PSU.  This will improve my air flow to allow my Exhaust fan to be much more efficient.  Not to mention it will be much easier to troubleshoot and get GPUs in and out of the rack.

I also ordered a lot of supplies for Cryptowatcher as he volunteered to design some even nicer cabling options.  Will update everyone and show the different options since many of us including myself are not very experience with Picos.  It will help save everyone headaches and frustrations.  The best part is that they will try to get it to use cheaper than if we were to go out and Jerry Rig 1 for ourself.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:44:20 PM

needs:
6 pin pcie input
sata power lead (long)

The Pico Finksy / Hawkfish will work with all the breakout boards that uses 6Pin.  You won't be needing the CPU power from the PICO.  It's a 160W Pico with custom cablings.  The 6pin splitter will have a pigtail that have the barrel connector to power the Pico and another adapter for the 8 Pin EPS CPU connection.  It will also have the 1 molex and 1 Sata because like you, I still want to have the option of Running Windows for undervolting or ROM flashing if I want.  

Finksy is sending me a unit in a couple of weeks to test.  I just lacked the patience so I tried to Jerry Rigged a solution from Ebay to play and be more familiar with it.  My plan is to replaced all the baby ATX psu with PICOs to reduce cabling and the space used up by the ATX PSU.  This will improve my air flow to allow my Exhaust fan to be much more efficient.  Not to mention it will be much easier to troubleshoot and get GPUs in and out of the rack.

I also ordered a lot of supplies for Cryptowatcher as he volunteered to design some even nicer cabling options.  Will update everyone and show the different options since many of us including myself are not very experience with Picos.  It will help save everyone headaches and frustrations.  The best part is that they will try to get it to use cheaper than if we were to go out and Jerry Rig 1 for ourself.

my newer version of it, better wires (18 awg) but the input from psu is too short, i might mod them longer but it's ok for my setup.

don't say i don't share or off topic ! Tongue

i've bought at least 5 different versions & run tests on them, so far this is best. Rated 150W MAX 210W (OPP) built in OVP/UVP

not promoting any sales but i am in for competition which the OP encourages, i will price match & offer a LOWER PRICE !

Black 6 Pin PCIE connects directly to breakout board

White 4 Pin connects to mobo, it will power a 4/8 connector on the mobo

2 x Black SATA, well we all know what it does.
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:08:22 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 07:22:32 PM by yun9999

needs:
6 pin pcie input
sata power lead (long)

my newer version of it, better wires (18 awg) but the input from psu is too short, i might mod them longer but it's ok for my setup.

don't say i don't share or off topic ! Tongue

i've bought at least 5 different versions & run tests on them, so far this is best. Rated 150W MAX 210W (OPP) built in OVP/UVP

not promoting any sales but i am in for competition which the OP encourages, i will price match & offer a LOWER PRICE !

Black 6 Pin PCIE connects directly to breakout board

White 4 Pin connects to mobo, it will power a 4/8 connector on the mobo

2 x Black SATA, well we all know what it does.

Now that's the PICO type we want!    Please share the prices if you're comfortable with that.  If it's a cost effective solution.  I will happily offer you free warehouse support if you want to do USA reselling.  The community want a PICO that is Designed for mining.  This will save me the hassle of persuading Hawkfish and Finksy to sell things outside of their comfort zones.  You wouldn't necessarily be competing with Finksy either as he's more concentrated on server PSU.  He didn't intend to make much profit on the Picos.  The picos will be what will help move more of his server PSUs.  Likewise it will move a ton of PCI risers for hawkfish.   I just love the PICOs and PCI powered risers which is far more superior than standard risers, so I been pushing them hard on it.

I will want 10 to 15 of them if the price is good.  I am slowly converting to Picos to improve the airflow by removing the bulky ATX and all of it's cabling mess.    
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:21:35 PM

@ m1n1ngP4d4w4n - The MSI is a different beast.  That link might come in handy for me though as I was looking at other FUN MB options last night since I have all these LGA 1151 CPUs and a few DDR4 RAM chip last night so I decided to get a MSI Gaming Pro Carbon used on Amazon.  

Ahah ok, well at least you got an idea for a new toy, so all isn't lost  Grin

Now that's the PICO type we want!    Please share the prices if you're comfortable with that.  If it's a cost effective solution.  I will happily offer you free warehouse support if you want to do USA reselling.  The community want a PICO that is Designed for mining.  This will save me the hassle of persuading Hawkfish and Finksy to sell things outside of their comfort zones.  You wouldn't necessarily be competing with Finksy either as he's more concentrated on server PSU.  He didn't intend to make much profit on the Picos.  The picos will be what will help move more of his server PSUs.  Likewise it will move a ton of PCI risers for hawkfish.   I just love the PICOs, so I been pushing them hard on it.

I will want 10 to 15 of them if the price is good.  I am slowly converting to Picos to improve the airflow by removing the bulky ATX and all of it's cabling mess.    

Those PICO modules are indeed very sexy (c) yun

Trying to source here in europe big servers PSU's to expand, hope i'll be successfull  Cool
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:36:18 PM

@ YSLUNG - If your prices is competitive.  I think we should push for this.   The Community have a NEED and I think you have a good solution for that need.  Once people start to be more familiar with Picos, I'm sure everyone will convert.  Right now the alternative solutions are crap so most people don't even bother.  

I was very intrique with Picos when I saw MarkAz's bad ass rig design using just 1 IBM 2.5KW PSU powered by a smaller breakout board.  The design was just super sexy, however it was very expensive at the time and there was no PCI Power risers at that time.  So his setup was much more complicated so I only dreamed about it but figure that's too heavy of an investment compare to just buying cheap baby ATX.  

Things have changed a lot since then, as we now have PCI Powered risers with USB connections not the crappy ribbon type that didn't work well before.  So if you can deliver a cost effective turn key Pico as the picture, it's a no brainer for people to use cheap GOLD and Platinum PSU vs consumer grade ATX.  

yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

biostar mobo ? like i mentioned in 1 of the earlier posts, best bang for buck with little to no issues. have not had 1 failed yet over 40 of them. well recently had 1 false alarm, mobo was ok just me forgotten something thinking the mobo was DOA.

latest risers ? dubbed ver 006C ?

@yun9999, it's not just a simple hp server psu, as you can see those on the pic above, they are platinums not the regular silver ones. there are differences, i'm waiting on my 1500W version to arrive sometime mid this coming week to test out with the breakout borads that i have as it fits all CS pus's.

thx for the offer on the warehousing suggestion. my stock is finished, i'll have to order them, i hope we can all work something out. again like i mentioned via PM shipping cost will most likely be the added cost, let me check on that part.

takagari
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:29:02 PM

@yslyung - won't release prices until someone else does for the pico... not holding my breath

@Yun where can I buy the best risers? can't find a source.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:29:42 PM

@ m1n1ngP4d4w4n - The MSI is a different beast.  That link might come in handy for me though as I was looking at other FUN MB options last night since I have all these LGA 1151 CPUs and a few DDR4 RAM chip last night so I decided to get a MSI Gaming Pro Carbon used on Amazon.  

@ Cryptowatcher - I'm ordering all the supplies you need my friend, it's in my Amazon Cart ready to ship to you.  Let's make it happen.  I see endless opportunities if you can make those cables for me.

************PICO PSU*****************************************

Finksy's version will be SEXIER and more POWERFUL.  This is just to give everyone an idea of how PICOs work with the Server PSU.  In order for Finksy to get us attractive prices, he have to buy in good volumes.  This is where I urged Hawkfish to partner up with Finksy to make this happen.  It's not part of their core business so both of them don't want to be stuck with huge inventory of these things.  I said "DO IT FOR THE COMMUNITY, there WILL BE a huge demand for it once people understand the value it brings.

The goal is to get a complete turn key solution including all custom cables for around $30 while saving everyone from the headache of buying crappier / more expensive solution like I did and then hunt for specialized cables since the PICO was designed for mini PC not mining rigs.

Why a standard PICO PSU won't work for us
* The CPU cable won't reach a normal Motherboard CPU slot.  
* It requires an expensive and Bulky AC power adaptor.  Who needs another thing to plug in or waste another outlet?
* It will require a custom 6 Pin to 2.5MM barrel cable to power the Pico if you dont want to use the AC adapter and power it via server PSU
* It will require a 6 pin to 4+4 (Cool pin EPS CPU cable if you want to make it 100% server PSU powering or a 4 pin to 4+4 (8)Pin EPS cable if you want the PICO to power the CPU.  

What I got from Ebay

$40 for this weak 80W combo with no cables that I need.  I still had to go and find the EPS cable for $10 on Amazon and it was very difficult to get the 6 pin to 2.5MM barrel adapter cable.  I ordered 2 different version and only 1 worked.  More money wasted.  This is NOT the Pico you want.  

6 Pin PCI to 2.5MM barrel adapter to power the PICO via server PSU.  Another cable was used to power the CPU via the server 6 Pin to 8 Pin EPS.  This waste 2 valuable PCI slot from the server PSU breakout board.

WHAT WE WANT................
Who wants to search on Ebay for separate items just to wait a month from China, overpay and get wrong stuff like I did?  No one.  I had to do many trial and errors and the complete solution worked and is better than the above but still not cost effective nor SEXY as I want it.  We want 1 solution that is tested and have everything so there is no guessing game.  We at least 160W of Pico power for the same price as 80W.  We want to use 1 6pin cable that splits and power the PICO and can also power the CPU.  This will reduce the PCI slot wasted per rig.  Most importantly, we WANT IT CHEAPER!

WHY WE WANT PICOs.

* It's super Compact and sexy.  The entire PSU is just a the size of your MB plug adapter.  You hardly see the thing once it's plug into the MB slot.  I purposely left the cables outside just so you can spot the PICO!  If I hide it's tiny 4 pin CPU and SATA cable, you won't be realized a PICO PSU is plugged in.

* It's very cost effective if we can get it for $30.  You can't get a quality baby ATX PSU for under $50 raising your cost per RIG
* Less Cable clutters and space needed in the rear.  This help improve air flow and cable management

Picture Powering 4-5 x 6 GPU rigs this solution easily when paired with Finksy 4kw PSU bundle.  SO FRESH FRESH...........SO CLEAN CLEAN!

NOW HERE IS THE KEY WHY YOU SHOULD want it.  On top of being SEXY, Cost effective per RIG, you now move 98% of your Power load to the more efficient GOLD to Platinum rated Server PSU.  These things are TANKS and are designed to be run for years 24x7 vs consumer grade ATX which are not.  When you're using the old way with 4-5 Baby PSU, those are generally cheapy 80+ or less efficiency so this solution pays for itself very quickly via the efficiency.  P.M Finksy and Hawkfish and tell them.  WE WANT PICOs.............WE WANT PICOs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that setup looks quite nice already, with a little refinement and bit of cable management but is totally a sweet start! ive got some great idea's for a pico setup, i just need to grab me a 1200w server grade psu with breakout board and a pico psu so i would be able to test power cables to make this setup clean and sexy looking! LETS MAKE SOME SEXY PICO RIGS! WHOOO!!!

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:39:40 PM

@yslyung - won't release prices until someone else does for the pico... not holding my breath

pls be patient, i'm already in touch with OP there are some kinks that needs to be ironed out.

for the risers (ver006C) or pcie cables (60cm length, extension 20cm) i have them too, let us work things out.

that setup looks quite nice already, with a little refinement and bit of cable management but is totally a sweet start! ive got some great idea's for a pico setup, i just need to grab me a 1200w server grade psu with breakout board and a pico psu so i would be able to test power cables to make this setup clean and sexy looking! LETS MAKE SOME SEXY PICO RIGS! WHOOO!!!

it was already there but got "deleted" anyway here it is, as i mentioned before i'm not a fan of messy setup.

all cables are hooked up ! except for CPU was waiting for stock to arrive.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7762

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 08:40:29 PM

I posted the nice pico in my thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1799555.msg18064461#msg18064461

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:11:55 PM

it was already there but got "deleted" anyway here it is, as i mentioned before i'm not a fan of messy setup.

very nice & clean setup, are you inserting some cables into your tubes or they're just attached ? would love some more pics hehe. Awaiting you pico's too, they sound really nice. where are you located ysly ? kinda bad for me to order from US :/ would love to find nice product from EU  Cool
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

You can PM Hawkfish007.  I got a bunch of his PCI risers.  Put them aside to the best normal risers you have and you will see a huge difference.  Capacity are larger.  The riser is a little heavier. The cabling is very secure and tigther, no worry about loose cable anymore.  You can still use it with SATA connection via the included 6pin to SATA adapter and even that is better as it can't come loose like MOLEX to SATA.  So this IS the RISER to get regardless if you use ATX or Server PSU.  It does cost $1/more per riser but I think it's worth the premium as less things can go wrong / fail.

Regarding the Pico solution.  I think YSLYUNG have a good solution.  Will see how competitive it in for the USA market as there delays in the shipping, etc.   However I'm willing to absorb some of that risk if necessary and stock up to help improve future orders since USPS shipping is fast within the USA once the stuff is here.  Finksy also have a good 160W solution, I offered the same warehouse solution for Finksy.   I'm not looking into become a reseller as I don't care to do that nor is it worth my time.

The more PICOs they can sell, the more people will buy PCI Risers from Hawkfish007 and HP server PSU from YSYUNG, and IBM PSU from Finksy Globally.  Everyone wins especially us as we can get cheaper Custom PICO not the expensive DIY crap and hassle I had to go thru via Ebay.   I also ordered a lot of supplies for Cryptowatcher to put together some design ideas we have on the adapters, custom cabling, etc.  Excited to see what he can do.  Will share once I see the magic he can put together.

@YSLUNG - Yes the BIOSTAR TB85 is a good MB.  Definitely a good backup since the H81 is SOLD out.  I still have a bunch of H81 but are more in need of a lot of 7 GPU MBs that are reasonably priced at the Gaming 5 is $150+ now vs $110-119 when I ordered before.  
Marvell1
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:26:25 AM

very nice & clean setup, are you inserting some cables into your tubes or they're just attached ? would love some more pics hehe. Awaiting you pico's too, they sound really nice. where are you located ysly ? kinda bad for me to order from US :/ would love to find nice product from EU  Cool

wow thats the most beautiful setup i have ever seen, what power supplies are those ?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marvell1
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:32:21 AM

@ Cryptowatcher - I'm ordering all the supplies you need my friend, it's in my Amazon Cart ready to ship to you.  Let's make it happen.  I see endless opportunities if you can make those cables for me.

************PICO PSU*****************************************

Finksy's version will be SEXIER and more POWERFUL.  This is just to give everyone an idea of how PICOs work with the Server PSU.  In order for Finksy to get us attractive prices, he have to buy in good volumes.  This is where I urged Hawkfish to partner up with Finksy to make this happen.  It's not part of their core business so both of them don't want to be stuck with huge inventory of these things.  I said "DO IT FOR THE COMMUNITY, there WILL BE a huge demand for it once people understand the value it brings.

The goal is to get a complete turn key solution including all custom cables for around $30 while saving everyone from the headache of buying crappier / more expensive solution like I did and then hunt for specialized cables since the PICO was designed for mini PC not mining rigs.

Why a standard PICO PSU won't work for us
* The CPU cable won't reach a normal Motherboard CPU slot.  
* It requires an expensive and Bulky AC power adaptor.  Who needs another thing to plug in or waste another outlet?
* It will require a custom 6 Pin to 2.5MM barrel cable to power the Pico if you dont want to use the AC adapter and power it via server PSU
* It will require a 6 pin to 4+4 (Cool pin EPS CPU cable if you want to make it 100% server PSU powering or a 4 pin to 4+4 (8)Pin EPS cable if you want the PICO to power the CPU.  

What I got from Ebay

$40 for this weak 80W combo with no cables that I need.  I still had to go and find the EPS cable for $10 on Amazon and it was very difficult to get the 6 pin to 2.5MM barrel adapter cable.  I ordered 2 different version and only 1 worked.  More money wasted.  This is NOT the Pico you want.  

6 Pin PCI to 2.5MM barrel adapter to power the PICO via server PSU.  Another cable was used to power the CPU via the server 6 Pin to 8 Pin EPS.  This waste 2 valuable PCI slot from the server PSU breakout board.

WHAT WE WANT................
Who wants to search on Ebay for separate items just to wait a month from China, overpay and get wrong stuff like I did?  No one.  I had to do many trial and errors and the complete solution worked and is better than the above but still not cost effective nor SEXY as I want it.  We want 1 solution that is tested and have everything so there is no guessing game.  We at least 160W of Pico power for the same price as 80W.  We want to use 1 6pin cable that splits and power the PICO and can also power the CPU.  This will reduce the PCI slot wasted per rig.  Most importantly, we WANT IT CHEAPER!

WHY WE WANT PICOs.

* It's super Compact and sexy.  The entire PSU is just a the size of your MB plug adapter.  You hardly see the thing once it's plug into the MB slot.  I purposely left the cables outside just so you can spot the PICO!  If I hide it's tiny 4 pin CPU and SATA cable, you won't be realized a PICO PSU is plugged in.

* It's very cost effective if we can get it for $30.  You can't get a quality baby ATX PSU for under $50 raising your cost per RIG
* Less Cable clutters and space needed in the rear.  This help improve air flow and cable management

Picture Powering 4-5 x 6 GPU rigs this solution easily when paired with Finksy 4kw PSU bundle.  SO FRESH FRESH...........SO CLEAN CLEAN!

NOW HERE IS THE KEY WHY YOU SHOULD want it.  On top of being SEXY, Cost effective per RIG, you now move 98% of your Power load to the more efficient GOLD to Platinum rated Server PSU.  These things are TANKS and are designed to be run for years 24x7 vs consumer grade ATX which are not.  When you're using the old way with 4-5 Baby PSU, those are generally cheapy 80+ or less efficiency so this solution pays for itself very quickly via the efficiency.  P.M Finksy and Hawkfish and tell them.  WE WANT PICOs.............WE WANT PICOs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this i would buy 2 or 3 4KW bundles if i could use them to power the motherboard as well as you are in your images , who sells those MB pico adapters

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marvell1
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:45:35 AM

the issue though with this setup is you can buy platinum roswil platinum 1k PSU's for $120 right now brand new with 5 year warranty
I have around 10 6 gpu rigs running this setup with no problems only had one die on me.

The finsky solution along with all the cables and the mother board adapaters could ealy cost 2-3 times the cost of buying normal PSU's

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: