Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:06:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106652 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:48:33 AM

I also agree with you on the original Ref 480.  Those were dream cards, the new ones are CRAP.  I'm ready to smash my MSI Ref 480.  Only 6 out of 10 are good but they can barely do 26-28 not like the old ones.

I pre-ordered the old black Sapphire 480s Reference and got it delivered after 2 weeks after Polaris sale announcement.

I wanted to sell them mid-last year and get Sapphire 470s but I ran into electrical problems in the warehouse - I messed up my cabling on the 3 phase power due to hosting more ASICs for my other team members.

So didnt sell them (with Nanos).... oh boy I am so glad I didnt, it turned out that those Fury Nanos was absolute killer for ZEC. And there wasnt anything terribly wrong on the old 480 Refs.

To be fair those 480 Refs with blower fans never did give any problems except for the turbo sound at full speed but wth its a warehouse, the crickets wont be complaining about the noise.

I am 90% maxed at the warehouse and reached the power bill amount that I can afford. All the 480s and Nanos are zapped with low energy and -100mV roms by Heliox.

Btw, the SRR is a god-sent; I have never seen the farm with near 100% uptime like that during Windows days. The last 48 hours, ZEC mining was all time high and SRR kept up the rigs so well.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:25:22 AM

@ysylung - Let me see a closer picture of your breaker board and the HP 1200W.  It looks the same to me as there's really only 1 style / pattern of breaker board for this PSU even with different revision and models as it have to lay flat.   The Fan I'm using only consume 9W and is pretty powerful.  The empty space between the breaker board cabling and the intake is quite thin, I'm not sure if any fans would do the job in between but would be nice if there is.  I would like to see your fan placement for it.  The heat is not from the GPU, I can have this thing on the side and it would do the same.  I will have to MOD my rigs to support ths.

For the server case, the intake comes from the rear and push all cool air across thru the front. I need a solution for it, otherwise will stick to EVGA but I was like damn, I can fit 2 of these in easily and get as much power for any GPU I want.

will dig later, going to get some rest. nope not 1 style/pattern, the ones that i'm using are vertical when plugged in. look at the pics i posted in your thread. i just put the fan right infront, yeah it's thin but it does provide flow into the psu n cools the breakout board too.

try the cutting or drilling idea i gave you, i bet you it'll work & u can fit the bb's in n voila !

brb later, haven't slept much. *hint hint* i'm working on a "killer" 1 of a kind rig, i hope i'll be the 1st who "invented" rack/rig idea. parts are on order. back to drawing board.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:34:48 AM

@ysylung - Let me see a closer picture of your breaker board and the HP 1200W.  It looks the same to me as there's really only 1 style / pattern of breaker board for this PSU even with different revision and models as it have to lay flat.   The Fan I'm using only consume 9W and is pretty powerful.  The empty space between the breaker board cabling and the intake is quite thin, I'm not sure if any fans would do the job in between but would be nice if there is.  I would like to see your fan placement for it.  The heat is not from the GPU, I can have this thing on the side and it would do the same.  I will have to MOD my rigs to support ths.

For the server case, the intake comes from the rear and push all cool air across thru the front. I need a solution for it, otherwise will stick to EVGA but I was like damn, I can fit 2 of these in easily and get as much power for any GPU I want.

will dig later, going to get some rest. nope not 1 style/pattern, the ones that i'm using are vertical when plugged in. look at the pics i posted in your thread. i just put the fan right infront, yeah it's thin but it does provide flow into the psu n cools the breakout board too.

try the cutting or drilling idea i gave you, i bet you it'll work & u can fit the bb's in n voila !

brb later, haven't slept much. *hint hint* i'm working on a "killer" 1 of a kind rig, i hope i'll be the 1st who "invented" rack/rig idea. parts are on order. back to drawing board.
tbh there is only one style for the hp 1200w psu, take a look on ebay and amazon, cant find any other style but the one that lays flat, I know because ive been trying to find something different from what I can find and so far NO luck rofl

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:58:48 AM

@ysylung - Let me see a closer picture of your breaker board and the HP 1200W.  It looks the same to me as there's really only 1 style / pattern of breaker board for this PSU even with different revision and models as it have to lay flat.   The Fan I'm using only consume 9W and is pretty powerful.  The empty space between the breaker board cabling and the intake is quite thin, I'm not sure if any fans would do the job in between but would be nice if there is.  I would like to see your fan placement for it.  The heat is not from the GPU, I can have this thing on the side and it would do the same.  I will have to MOD my rigs to support ths.

tbh there is only one style for the hp 1200w psu, take a look on ebay and amazon, cant find any other style but the one that lays flat, I know because ive been trying to find something different from what I can find and so far NO luck rofl

if i have another, what would u do ? ROFL ! btw, i'm in the process of producing a newer revision, vertical with some mods & prolly some add on to it.

vertical or laying flat ?

CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:02:53 AM

@yslyung talking about the breakout board for the HP 1200w psu, even though you have a different style. everyone else including myself can only find the style of breakout board that is horizontal instead of vertical like the breakout board you have on your hp 1200w psu's

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:06:00 AM

@yslyung talking about the breakout board for the HP 1200w psu, even though you have a different style. everyone else including myself can only find the style of breakout board that is horizontal instead of vertical like the breakout board you have on your hp 1200w psu's

i'm not really an amazon or ebay fan/guy. stay tuned, i hope i can get them manufactured with some add on & mods soon. now you can find them Wink

ok, i really need to go get some rest. too much work/orders/projects. c ya'll later.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:13:33 AM

i'm not really an amazon or ebay fan/guy. stay tuned, i hope i can get them manufactured with some add on & mods soon. now you can find them Wink

ok, i really need to go get some rest. too much work/orders/projects. c ya'll later.

any interest in making a version that has 8 pin instead of 6 pin pci express?, I would totally be interested. would make things much easier on those of us that like to make custom cable and have a hard time sourcing thin enough jacketed wire. wonder why someone hasn't thought to make one with 8 pin pci express molex but set up as an eps 12v

coinbeast

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:11:38 AM

I have spent the last day or two studying your new and old threads and you have finally convinced me to start using my BTC mining profits to expand into ethereum mining. I have been wanting to do this for a year or so but now I am 100% going a head with it.

Thanks heaps man, I appreciate it.

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:20:22 AM

I would be willing to buy some of your racing mobos, they are fininky but i did find as long as you follow these steps they work ok :

1. Install windows do not do anything with the bios.
2. Update bios using their bios flaher tool, this will cause you to have to reinstall the OS

at that point you can swap out the 6th gen cpu if you want for a kaby lake variant since the new bios works with those, you can also do the setting changes to allow for 6 cards.
I did find that on these boards PCI-E slots can go dead.  One of mine went dead on my first board luckily i only do 5-6 card rigs so it was no big deal.

The Biostar Board is giving me stability issues after the BIOS update. I was running it with 4 cards earlier, now post the BIOS update I switched all lanes to Gen 1, changed Max Tolud to 3.5 and havent added cards yet.
But with the same 4 cards, my system freezes once a day. I had to switch to the secondary bios to get back to stability. Any Ideas?

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
dumpida

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:30:03 PM

I would be willing to buy some of your racing mobos, they are fininky but i did find as long as you follow these steps they work ok :

1. Install windows do not do anything with the bios.
2. Update bios using their bios flaher tool, this will cause you to have to reinstall the OS

at that point you can swap out the 6th gen cpu if you want for a kaby lake variant since the new bios works with those, you can also do the setting changes to allow for 6 cards.
I did find that on these boards PCI-E slots can go dead.  One of mine went dead on my first board luckily i only do 5-6 card rigs so it was no big deal.

The Biostar Board is giving me stability issues after the BIOS update. I was running it with 4 cards earlier, now post the BIOS update I switched all lanes to Gen 1, changed Max Tolud to 3.5 and havent added cards yet.
But with the same 4 cards, my system freezes once a day. I had to switch to the secondary bios to get back to stability. Any Ideas?

If you try reducing the core/memory frequency or intensity, does that increase the stability?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:44:32 PM

Uncle visited and said so sorry to hear you bought sh$t breaker boards Nhan, here's some money, go get the correct one as you dont want to be Deafened by the HP PSU.  Your wife n kids wouldnt want to live with you and the high pitch noise will drive your Dog insane.  

@Citronick - Yes I love my Simple Rig Resetter (SRR).  Sexy little invention and I will be doing a big order to support him.  He works hard and is always responsive whenever I have a question or issue.  Working like a champ, really love it but super Dilemma about losing my POWER button.  Wonder if I can use a splitter to be able to keep it and have a manual power on and off feature too.   Will email Tytanick.

Also just like you, I was going to sell my RX480 ref to refresh them with non reference, so glad I didn't.  The non reference 480 can be a pain in the butt.  My non ref 470 is super steady at 27MH+ and on low watts.  To get the 4GB 480 MSI to do that is a chore and different batches give different results due to different memories / ASICs.

@YSYLUNG - Not sure what you mean.  Maybe a picture would help but the PSU power chord face my SErver case rear which is the intake.  Unfortunately that is also the EXHAUST for the PSU so if I put another fan to help cool the intake side of the PSU, I'm pulling hot air from the GPU and pushing it thru my rear which is my intake.  It will be counterproductive.  Sucks.  I see your breaker board for the HP is different.  That one looks like it's easier to tape in a fan vs the lay flat, I can squeeze a thin fan in between but will look ghetto.  I can make an extender bar to mount the fan but I need to put this rig into the OVEN and see if the FIRE ALARM noise from the HP PSU will go off once ambient is above 90F.  My hopes are not high but if it works, would be great as it's very compact and allows different design configs or even cheap dual 1200W.

@ coinbeast - I would recommend starting small and get your feet wet before you start over investing.  When coin prices are high, everyone is GUNG HO but it can just as quickly drop in the opposite direction.  So make sure your cost is below average if you want to scale big.  Invest only what you're ok with losing.

@ deadsix - If you can return the MB, do so.  This MB is a pain in the a$$ and BIOSTAR support sucks.  I've only tried 4 MB out of my 15 and issues I've seen is enough for me to smash them.   For Mining the Biostar TB85 is good.  Cheap, no fuss and everything is fully detected by Windows / SimpleOS, no network driver or anything needed.  There's money left over to buy sexy LEDs to wrap around it.  =)

Tasty Potato

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:33:08 PM

I'd like some advise.

When all you big miners were little and say had a 750W PSU what second PSU unit would you suggest to buy for a complete future 6 RX 480 cards ETH mining?

So far I see ~850W Gold or Platinum with 4 PCI-e 8 pins as candidates. Thx

CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:56:12 PM

I'd like some advise.

When all you big miners were little and say had a 750W PSU what second PSU unit would you suggest to buy for a complete future 6 RX 480 cards ETH mining?

when a lot of the big miners were small miners there wasn't as much as far as options for powering the rigs, 2 psu's is no longer viable option unless you have to do it.
the money you spend on that psu you can pick up a 1200w server grade psu and breakout board for 50 dollars usd on ebay

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

If you try reducing the core/memory frequency or intensity, does that increase the stability?

Hey, yeah, I tried leaving it at stock clocks, and even tried flashing the stock bios back, but no luck. Leaving all BIOS settings at default also does not fix this issue of the system freezing every 20 hours or so.
The older BIOS worked perfectly though, and this board comes with dual bios so that is a big plus, but its funny how manufacturers keep breaking things in updates.

@ deadsix - If you can return the MB, do so.  This MB is a pain in the a$$ and BIOSTAR support sucks.  I've only tried 4 MB out of my 15 and issues I've seen is enough for me to smash them.   For Mining the Biostar TB85 is good.  Cheap, no fuss and everything is fully detected by Windows / SimpleOS, no network driver or anything needed.  There's money left over to buy sexy LEDs to wrap around it.  =)

Haha yeah luckily I only have one of the Z170GT7 , and it doubles up as my primary gaming PC. It does work quite well with 4 cards and the older BIOS (which i backed up, luckily) so i'm going to stick to that for now.
Have been meaning to test out the TB85's over the H81 Pro BTC V2's simply because I see no point in buying a headless dongle for EACH system on a MINING MOTHERBOARD ... I mean what was Asrock thinking, this is V2 for petes sake, what was the point of the revision if you can not fix the single most annoying bug that existed in V1.
Anyways, Hoping for the Biostar TB250 boards to show up soon.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
p4n

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

this thread is amazing, pure rig porn. Congrats!
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 12:55:36 AM

@YSYLUNG - Not sure what you mean.  Maybe a picture would help but the PSU power chord face my SErver case rear which is the intake.  Unfortunately that is also the EXHAUST for the PSU so if I put another fan to help cool the intake side of the PSU, I'm pulling hot air from the GPU and pushing it thru my rear which is my intake.  It will be counterproductive.  Sucks.  I see your breaker board for the HP is different.  That one looks like it's easier to tape in a fan vs the lay flat, I can squeeze a thin fan in between but will look ghetto.  I can make an extender bar to mount the fan but I need to put this rig into the OVEN and see if the FIRE ALARM noise from the HP PSU will go off once ambient is above 90F.  My hopes are not high but if it works, would be great as it's very compact and allows different design configs or even cheap dual 1200W.

i hope a picture tells a 1000 words , LMAO, sorry for the poor editing but i think you'll get the idea, NOT to scale HAHAHA

REPLACE the HP with BB, same position

cooling FAN either on LEFT or RIGHT depending on spacing

on the side of the panel drill some holes for HOT air to escape

might NOT fit nicely or spacing issues but i think you'll be able to figure it out or make some space available or you could . . .

mount 2 x 120mm fan on top of the BB but you'll have to drill holes on the PSU casing voila, you can cool the BB & fit it into the casing

regarding the biostar yes, tb85 has almost 0 to none issues, perfect bang for buck mining mobo. i'll be getting a batch of tb250 lga 1151, in abt 3 weeks or so. i might get few for myself to try it out, rest are for custom rig orders.

so far my fav/preferred mobo(s) tb85 & the gaming 5

happy mining.

stef_stef

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 01:20:55 AM

Hey everyone, a beginner miner over here and hope you dont mind if I post my question in this thread.

I just read the entire thread, and I am amazed by how clean and cost effective the server PSU design is.

My questions is, what should be done to a server PSU to power a 6 GPU rig?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breakout-Board-w-8-X-6-Pin-to-6-2-PCIe-Cables-for-HP-PSU-ETH-ZEC-Open-Mining-/252604357394?hash=item3ad0649b12:g:f7QAAOSwKOJYHhhc

This breakout board I could find, only has 6 PCIe connectors. How would you power the MOBO, disk and CPU of it?

Would really appreciate an answer to this! Thanks!
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7763

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 01:25:30 AM

I'd like some advise.

I would do a smaller build  with the 750 watt psu.

and do a separate 6 card build.

If you know you are not going to scale to say 20x 6 card rigs  and you may max  at 6 to 12 cards..

plus you have a 750 watt psu.   build a smaller rig first then  if you like mining go for a six card build if you dare.

there is a lot to be said about having 2 rigs vs 1 rig.

A 2 cards and a 4 card

or 2 card  three card rigs.

or a 3 card and a 6 card rig

@ stef stef   you don't want that  server psu on ebay.

you want a kit from finksy  here on this site.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Marvell1
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:31:20 AM

Hey, yeah, I tried leaving it at stock clocks, and even tried flashing the stock bios back, but no luck. Leaving all BIOS settings at default also does not fix this issue of the system freezing every 20 hours or so.
The older BIOS worked perfectly though, and this board comes with dual bios so that is a big plus, but its funny how manufacturers keep breaking things in updates.

Haha yeah luckily I only have one of the Z170GT7 , and it doubles up as my primary gaming PC. It does work quite well with 4 cards and the older BIOS (which i backed up, luckily) so i'm going to stick to that for now.
Have been meaning to test out the TB85's over the H81 Pro BTC V2's simply because I see no point in buying a headless dongle for EACH system on a MINING MOTHERBOARD ... I mean what was Asrock thinking, this is V2 for petes sake, what was the point of the revision if you can not fix the single most annoying bug that existed in V1.
Anyways, Hoping for the Biostar TB250 boards to show up soon.

I seem to be runing into this a well , one rig on this board work fine the seccond one is unstable , crashes after a few hours as well, i'm using gen2 for pc-e speed gona set everything to stock and ee what what

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:19:32 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2017, 08:00:24 AM by yun9999

@ Tasty Potato - If you're only planning for 1 x 480 rig, I would say sell that 750W and go with 1 EVGA 1300 even if it's used.  Just find one that have 10 year warranty and still hv plenty left.  There are some that are only 3yrs, you can check against EVGA site with the serial # from the seller to confirm.  A quality used PSU will keep your rig stable while keeping cost low.  You should be able to find cheap used one between $110-140.  EVGA support is the best in the industry, they often replace your beat up PSU for brand new ones.  Cable replacements are hassle free.  You can mine for 2 years and get most if not more than your money back due to inflation.  To give you an idea, I purchased most of mine for $80-110 used 2 years ago and 149 new.  They go for much higher now.  It's like free Rental.  You don't want to ugly mess of 2 bulky PSU.   Now if you think your plan is to have more than 1 rig, then PICO and server PSU is definitely a good option as you can upgrade in increments.  The IBM 4KW cannot be matched in power with ATX.

@ Cryptowatcher - I can't recommend this HP 1200W.  I have 10 of them.  Perhaps with YSLUNG board, you can glue a fan closer to keep it cooler which will help with the noise.   However the USA versions, are flat which means getting in between the exhaust n the PCI connector requires a thin fan which are typically weaker and only the bottom 20% will hit the intake.  I'm using a BEEFY FINKSY Fan to keep this little Sucker cool but inside my heat wall test of 95F+.  It will get high pitch noisy.  We would either need a better breakout board or a funnel so that we can funnel 100% of the fan cooling to that path vs 80% being lost.  You still need a PICO with this solution.

@p4n -Welcome and interesting username.

@ ysylung - Not sure what is the BB board?  IS that the HP 1500W?  The IBM 2KW won't fit, I've tried.  It goes a little over where the MB sits and the breakout board extends too far into the GPU space.  I also don't want bullet holes thru the side of my sexy cases.  These HP 1200W PSU are driving me up the walls.  I have a very SEXY design for them, but I must solve this ridiculous high pitch noise by keeping it cooler.  This breakout board I have layout makes it very hard to funnel.   Yeah I agree, I love both the Gaming 5 and the TB85.  I especially like the fact that it's very cheap, plug and play and no emulator required to boot just like the Gaming 5.  That is my only gripe with the H81 as they need emulators but are still my favorite go to board when available as ASROCK offers the fastest RMA services in the States.  

@ stef_stef - Welcome and you will need a Pico PSU or another ATX to power the MB / SSD.  See the picture where I describe Finksy custom Pico which should be available in a few weeks and will be AWESOME!

@Marvell1 - Yeah, this is the reason why I didn't want to sell these board to you or anyone.  I got offers for up to $100 for them and my cost is only $61.  Still it wasn't worth my headache nor would I want to put someone else thru it.  I did keep 5 just to play.   Got a new Toy to play with now rather than waste time on Racing but too busy to power it up.  Support 7 GPU and have LEDs.................hopefully will have time to power it up next week.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: