Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106651 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:02:20 AM

You will need something that is good at pulling / negative pressure.  Something like this with ducts may do the job for you.  You can add more as needed.  They're not that huge.

https://www.atgstores.com/portable-fans/qc-manufacturing-inc-afg-pro-3-0-quietcool-3013-cfm-professional-attic-gable-fan_12658115.html?ppc=2615&af=2615&cm_mmc=sce_google&s_kwcid=AL!4500!3!186097530184!!!g!287713733229!&gclid=CjwKEAjwtbPGBRDhoLaqn6HknWsSJABR-o5sRGrv6KkwwixgIlfWl1QBQEh9TDrXSg5w4DhqI6g8qxoC9rTw_wcB&ef_id=WGh6JAAABQERj0ZO:20170319005429:s

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onefinecoin

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:27:09 AM

For Open style rigs, what is better approach, blowing the air at the Cards from the front or pulling out the air from top ?
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:46:46 AM

For Open style rigs, what is better approach, blowing the air at the Cards from the front or pulling out the air from top ?

Almost all of my rig are open cage in a fairly big warehouse.

Currently I place box fans below to move air UPWARDS since hot air moves upwards.

I use a blower to move air out of the warehouse. A second blower/sucker will be setup to help further reduce overall temps. Currently temps at 37c, hope to get them to 35c.

I am working on moving the rigs to rackmounted like yun9999's project but I have halted all development work for now... because rigs are busy ZEC mining and printing money  Grin

@yun9999 -- as you can see -- I am embarrassed to show my rigs because its messy as hell. But its working hard for me so no complaints.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:15:53 AM

@Onefinecoin - It really depends on your open air layout and how many shelves.  You can do a semi Server Case / Open Air way by blocking the heat on each shelf with a piece of plastic or heat resistant material.  Then you can blow the heat from the rear to the front where you can exhaust them all out vs the heat heating up each shelf as it goes up.  

@ Citronick - Nothing to be embarassed about.  Money is ALWAYS $EXY!  If you have 33 Rigs, it shouldn't be hard if you're able to control the Exhaust and cuts in roof or walls.  Section off the Big ass warehouse into a smaller section.  Do what is recommened above for OneFinecoin.  Server case is not a requirement if you can control what holes and where you can put things.  I have to do it my way because I can't exhaust it out via the walls as I have bricks.  But if you can control what you can cut / install, just section it off and put a decent Exhaust fan and it will suck out all the heat before it can even build up.  Harder when it's trying to do that for the entire warehouse.

But for now, PLEASE DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PRINTING PROCESS!  Let me go fix my Printer JAM issues again.  Dammit, jam so often.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:02:54 AM

@ Citronick - Nothing to be embarassed about.  Money is ALWAYS $EXY!  If you have 33 Rigs, it shouldn't be hard if you're able to control the Exhaust and cuts in roof or walls.  Section off the Big ass warehouse into a smaller section.  Do what is recommened above for OneFinecoin.  Server case is not a requirement if you can control what holes and where you can put things.  I have to do it my way because I can't exhaust it out via the walls as I have bricks.  But if you can control what you can cut / install, just section it off and put a decent Exhaust fan and it will suck out all the heat before it can even build up.  Harder when it's trying to do that for the entire warehouse.8

Indeed, the secret is to have a small space, separate where your cool and hot air circulate, and increase the air circulation, if you leave everything in the "open" you will have trouble to regulate the temperature because you will be unable to generate enough negative pressure except if you buy really big ass fans (and im talking the kind of type you can see in chinese farms that are 300 inch wide at least), Another thing, remember that the hot air goes up, and the cool air keep being down, if you don't suck out the hot air, the cool air can't come fast enough to your rigs, and the heat build up.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:39:36 AM

yeah PRINT $$$ is on top of the priority list !

@citronick, warehouse across the border ? well, as for ventilation, best is to suck it hard than blowing directly, just figure out a way for the air to flow & suck all those hot air out. take note of noise, depending on type of exhaust. but make sure there is some sort of dust proof/filter on the fresh air inlet.

back to printing $ & work on new projects.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:42:21 AM

yeah PRINT $$$ is on top of the priority list !

@citronick, warehouse across the border ? well, as for ventilation, best is to suck it hard than blowing directly, just figure out a way for the air to flow & suck all those hot air out. take note of noise, depending on type of exhaust. but make sure there is some sort of dust proof/filter on the fresh air inlet.

back to printing $ & work on new projects.

only a small farm lah - I am using a that blower/sucker to suck out hot air - currently it works well because I can place the sucking end of the hose to where heat is concentrated. But when its too hot outside, I have to turn on the 2nd blower which I just installed.

So the warehouse have now 2 suckers and 33 printers - LOL!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:50:21 AM

@ Citronick - Nothing to be embarassed about.  Money is ALWAYS $EXY!  If you have 33 Rigs, it shouldn't be hard if you're able to control the Exhaust and cuts in roof or walls.  Section off the Big ass warehouse into a smaller section.  Do what is recommened above for OneFinecoin.  Server case is not a requirement if you can control what holes and where you can put things.  I have to do it my way because I can't exhaust it out via the walls as I have bricks.  But if you can control what you can cut / install, just section it off and put a decent Exhaust fan and it will suck out all the heat before it can even build up.  Harder when it's trying to do that for the entire warehouse.8

Indeed, the secret is to have a small space, separate where your cool and hot air circulate, and increase the air circulation, if you leave everything in the "open" you will have trouble to regulate the temperature because you will be unable to generate enough negative pressure except if you buy really big ass fans (and im talking the kind of type you can see in chinese farms that are 300 inch wide at least), Another thing, remember that the hot air goes up, and the cool air keep being down, if you don't suck out the hot air, the cool air can't come fast enough to your rigs, and the heat build up.

yeah _ that's the principle that I was trying to achieve but its not that easy since the warehouse is leased and I cant do permanent partitions, walls etc. etc. So the best alternative was the big ass fan method -- but since that is a a few thousand dollar solution -- I took the 2nd best alternative which is that sucker/blower fan x 2 -- it works fairly well and its mobile, meaning I can move the sucking end of the hose to where I think has the most concentrated heat area. I think I need to borrow yun9999's thermal camera - LOL.

yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:57:06 AM

You don't really need permanent partitioning.  Hot air rise so even if you use TARP to partition without impacting structures, you can see huge improvements.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:05:31 AM

You don't really need permanent partitioning.  Hot air rise so even if you use TARP to partition without impacting structures, you can see huge improvements.

Yup I am also looking into something like tarp/canvass type solution - like the what you have done.

My group has barred me from doing any experiment during these critical times s anyways - LOL.

I have penned the ideas down on my ideas  -- no action needed at this moment because PRINTERS are busy working 24x7.

The air suckers are doing their job fairly well at the moment.

onefinecoin

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:28:06 AM

@citronick: what is your outlet and inlet ? Windows? are they on 2 different sides of the room? What is the max temp it gets there in summer ?

@yun9999 - I was initially planning to completely close the setup with plywood or something and Pull air out from top (using fans ) and create inlet from bottom pushing air in, but now maybe I will build another rig right on top of this setup and push air laterally.

I just got my three Sapphire Furies delivered from Amazon, I plan on building with Furies the most as my electricity is very cheap. But the issue is they do a lot of heat too being AMD and Furious Tongue, so is there anything going to work other than AC when its 50 degrees outside  Roll Eyes !!???
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:37:17 AM

Which EXHAUST Fan are you using Citronick?    THOSE BAIKAL PRINTERS................OH MY, you need a bigger warehouse.  These print faster than you can store the money.   Too bad I wasn't able to get 1 in before they start setting restrictions.

@ Onefinecoin - Where do you live where it's 50C outside?  Holy cow.  You will need AC.  Sorry that's way too hot as the best you can do with open air / exhaust is to be able to match Ambient.  Even with Swamp cooler it will only drop the temp to where I believe is still way above what I would recommend for long term mining.  At that kind of temp, I think you either need AC or look for Hosting solutions.  However you mentioned that Power is cheap so just use AC.  They are printing so much money that it's not a concern right now.

@ ALL other, SHOW OFF YOUR PRINT STATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No need to CLEAN them up or Pretty them up.  ALL PRINT STATIONS are $EXY by Default.

onefinecoin

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:52:13 AM

@yun9999 - lol yes ! Welcome to middleeast ! But the electricity is cheap so need to test run this coming summer.

Yes guys show us your Money Makers !

@for all those who read this in the future, Rigs = Money makers, cus the altcoins are soaring all time high, really really highhhhh !
thedue

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

Yeah I guess it has to be such a HUGE vent   Cheesy will post some pictures when I´m done.

About 4U etc... has someone already tried stackable cases? There are pretty cheap ones but I haven´t checked if a H81 Pro e.g. fits or how many GPUS...

http://de.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002559

http://eu.coolermaster.com/de/case/mini-itx-haf-series/haf915f/
thedue

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:41:44 PM

E-ATX but pretty expensive: https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Stackable-Certified-Chassis-CA-1D8-00F1WN-00/dp/B00TQI9BY8
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:29:45 PM

Which EXHAUST Fan are you using Citronick?    THOSE BAIKAL PRINTERS................OH MY, you need a bigger warehouse.  These print faster than you can store the money.   Too bad I wasn't able to get 1 in before they start setting restrictions.

@ Onefinecoin - Where do you live where it's 50C outside?  Holy cow.  You will need AC.  Sorry that's way too hot as the best you can do with open air / exhaust is to be able to match Ambient.  Even with Swamp cooler it will only drop the temp to where I believe is still way above what I would recommend for long term mining.  At that kind of temp, I think you either need AC or look for Hosting solutions.  However you mentioned that Power is cheap so just use AC.  They are printing so much money that it's not a concern right now.

@ ALL other, SHOW OFF YOUR PRINT STATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  No need to CLEAN them up or Pretty them up.  ALL PRINT STATIONS are $EXY by Default.

@yun9999 - no exhaust fan. Only the blower/sucker fan x 2. But the warehouse is fairly ventilated with windows opened back and front. I am at 35-36c at night, and high of 38c during the day.
Oh yeah baby .... those Baikals are are really magic ... the 25GHs farm is averaging 0.7 - 0.8 BTC per day and that's selling at Nicehash marketplace and get cheap BTC upfront. Never mind DASH, just sell hash to the BTC rich crazy renters at NH.

@ onefinecoin -- wow middleeast! last time I was near there, in Dubai, everything is air conditioned. You might as well rent an apartment and crank the AC 24x7! Btw, during the night, desert climate should get you below 20c no? AC by day, natural cooling at night?

Tasty Potato

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:15:15 PM

Everyone is counting 'green papers', no time to write tips and cool stories ;]

I just might think my 'turned to be' a mining rig mobo does not support 6 cards in its PCIe slots. And being short of 1 riser to power the fifth card, what a disaster for me -,-

Has any1 got a card with M2-to-PCIe adapter mining stable? Any fellow forum member who sells/ships such?

Diff is a real b&tch lately!
yun9999 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:01:44 AM

@TheDue - Looks very cool!  OUr MB is ATX those cases is for Micro and Mini ATX, not sure if it will fit.  I bought the Thermaltake SNOW before which is similar to this and was hoping it would work but it was too small.  Yours looks bigger.  I will just order 1 to play just to satisfy your curiousity.  =)

@ Tasty Potatoe - I have 1, it didn't work for me but I haven't had much time to troubleshoot or more than 1 to know if it's a bad one or not so not sure.  Will let other chime in on it but I think best bet is to use built in slot vs another card / connector that can fail.
thedue

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:16:10 AM

Wait! I just found something that might be better:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=488

- Stackable
- ATX
- 12.2 inch gpus
- fans included (well they´re probably weak but at least they already thought about a cooling solution / air flow...)

Right now I´m investigating further... (how many gpus will fit etc...)
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:33:50 AM

Wait! I just found something that might be better:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=488

- Stackable
- ATX
- 12.2 inch gpus
- fans included (well they´re probably weak but at least they already thought about a cooling solution / air flow...)

Right now I´m investigating further... (how many gpus will fit etc...)

Only a board like the Biostar GT7 which has 4 physical slots could work in a case like this. And this case has 7 PCIe slots so a maximum of 3 cards. You need something with 8+ slots. And dont worry about stackable.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: