Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave ( PART 2 !!!!!!!!)  (Read 106651 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:54:39 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 08:14:41 PM by yslyung

interesting day . . . but SUPER busy. more to come soon. hopefully.

tbh, not so much fun yet with this series but i'm sure more will come.

Eager to see the numbers Smiley

not so good is all i can tell..

ahhhh mr. AMD just released a new driver ?

me was on da press version of driver, rx 5xx will NOT work on older drivers sadly Sad

installing new driver & let's see. some results :

so far 2 diff brands of rx 570 4gb comes with ELPIDA memory

without a proper driver, gpu will not be detected properly

stock is just like a regular rx 4xx series BUT with cm's v9 the dcr settings needs to be higher hence higher dual mining results

power wise, SMOS is roughly 20 Watts more than win10 & on win10, more hashpower can be squeezed out n saving a little more power.

brand "S" is a little faster but a little more "jumpy" than brand "GB" but brand "GB" is more stable

SMOS off the wall is about 208W & Win10 is around 182W this is based on brand "GB"

ah an very interesting discovery too brand S wont be able to fully use WattTool, no mem control, no offset but for brand GB everything works just like rx 4xx *correction NO mem control*

avg speeds are roughly 25.5-26.5 mhs on ETH, DCR is around between 790& 800 for both

580 8gb to come

btw, both are modded bios, just basic mod. new drivers have bios signature check !

as for now, stick to win10 & deal with the lower hash from the rx 5xx series, i'm sure there will be lots of improvements coming soon.

pix to come soon. back on the bench for the 580 8gb.

those who are curious, they all look the same as the rx 4xx with minor differences.

FINALLY, something decent ! just small changes, not much done yet but i'm sure more to come soon. time for the capt to go bed. been a long day.

off the wall

STOCK

ENJOY & happy mining to all Wink

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
w00tcl

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:33:05 PM

what the brand of 580? what mem clock at 30mh? memory brand?
yoonline

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:50:24 PM

interesting day . . . but SUPER busy. more to come soon. hopefully.

https://i.imgur.com/eEGaRI4.png?1  

https://i.imgur.com/pUVGTwc.png?3

tbh, not so much fun yet with this series but i'm sure more will come.

Eager to see the numbers Smiley

not so good is all i can tell..

ahhhh mr. AMD just released a new driver ?

me was on da press version of driver, rx 5xx will NOT work on older drivers sadly Sad

installing new driver & let's see. some results :

so far 2 diff brands of rx 570 4gb comes with ELPIDA memory

without a proper driver, gpu will not be detected properly

stock is just like a regular rx 4xx series BUT with cm's v9 the dcr settings needs to be higher hence higher dual mining results

power wise, SMOS is roughly 20 Watts more than win10 & on win10, more hashpower can be squeezed out n saving a little more power.

brand "S" is a little faster but a little more "jumpy" than brand "GB" but brand "GB" is more stable

SMOS off the wall is about 208W & Win10 is around 182W this is based on brand "GB"

ah an very interesting discovery too brand S wont be able to fully use WattTool, no mem control, no offset but for brand GB everything works just like rx 4xx *correction NO mem control*

avg speeds are roughly 25.5-26.5 mhs on ETH, DCR is around between 790& 800 for both

580 8gb to come

btw, both are modded bios, just basic mod. new drivers have bios signature check !

as for now, stick to win10 & deal with the lower hash from the rx 5xx series, i'm sure there will be lots of improvements coming soon.

pix to come soon. back on the bench for the 580 8gb.

those who are curious, they all look the same as the rx 4xx with minor differences.

FINALLY, something decent ! just small changes, not much done yet but i'm sure more to come soon. time for the capt to go bed. been a long day.

https://i.imgur.com/U1fUOfu.png?1

off the wall

https://i.imgur.com/YzRVmaM.png?1

STOCK

https://i.imgur.com/TOrTOLq.png?1

ENJOY & happy mining to all Wink

very good results with the mod Smiley)
how do you mod these 580, with polaris bios editor?
[/quote]
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 01:42:47 PM

*********DRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My original thread was getting over 22K Views in less than a month but I forgot 1 important thing.  I need to make myself the MODERATOR.   So I'm redoing / continuing the thread with this extension so I can make any edits / changes where it will be Easier for new Readers to follow as well as for original followers to be able to continue where we left off.

Link to Original Thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1761303.0

MY FARM SETUP

I have been mining for a very long time.  Most of you would know me as Nhan Do from my old Nick that was Hacked, hence why I'm using this new Nick.  I have been thru the many ups and downs of Crypto as well as hundreds of designs and layouts.  What I learned from my experience / ]mistakes, is that it's always best to keep things SIMPLE, EFFICIENT and use Quality components and only buy / support reputable vendors / brands.  I want to have this thread so that many other readers can hopefully learn from my many mistakes and have a better start / experience then I did when I started.

My GARAGE Data Center Mining Design

* 7 x 42U RACKs that can power up to 490 GPUs    
 (Can expand to add up to 3 more racks or 210 GPUs)  
* Intake - 8 WindeeVents   ( Soon to be 12 )      
* Exhaust Fans - Dual 36 " x 4600 CFM Fans.   (Soon to be 3)
* Network - Cisco Catalyst 48 port and NetGear Prosafe 24 port
* GPU - 100 % AMD (470 / 480 / R9 Furies and soon VEGAS!).
* POWER
         - 550 AMP via 3 Panels ( 200AMP, 200AMP and 150 AMP)
         - PSU used are all EVGA 1300 or EVGA Platinum P1200 for the server cases
* PDU - APC Switched PDUs 7911 or Dell metered / managed PDUs
* Surge Protection - Eaton Ultra whole house surge protection  x 3 ( 1 for Each Panel)
* 17 x 30 AMP L6-30R outlets
* Monitoring Software - Awesome Miner or Simplemining.net

Shed

* Can support up to 32 Rigs or over 200 GPUs but I'm going to stay below 25 Rigs for safety reasons
* Designed as Play zone and to support my Legacy Racks vs Server Rack for Garage.
* 5 Exhaust Fans with expansion space prebuilt
* Intake via floor with Bug Nets and Metal rails for Rodent protections
* Network = HP Switch 24 port x 2
* POWER
         - 550 AMP availability but only 120 AMP currently patched in
          - 8 x 30 L6-30R Outlets sharing 4 x 30 AMP GFI Breakers
         - PSU are mostly 4KW Server PSU via FINKSY with 700W EVGA baby PSU (Soon to be PICOs).  
         - The Chinese white rigs are powered by EVGA 1300

Quick Links

1) Motherboard Reviews
Links to Follow

2) Simple Rig Resetters
Links to Follow

3) Pico Reviews
Links to Follow

4) SEEK / FLIR - Thermal cameras
Links to Follow

5) PDU Reviews

6) PSU Reviews

7) Awesome Miner Review

Cool SEXIEST Mining Gears

I do lots of Product reviews in my thread and I get ZERO $ kickbacks from those Vendors or resellers.  However, no one understands other miners better than miners themselves, so support our community.

For Risers /  Fans - I would recommend reaching out to Hawkfish007
For Server PSU / Fans - I would recommend reaching out to Finksy
For the Most kick ass Mining OS and Rig resetting Automation - Reach out to Tytanick and www.simplemining.net

Simply incredible mining operation, very cool and I'll have some questions for you over the next month Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
TheRider

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:50:03 AM

Hey Guys,

I read all the comments part 1 thread and I'm currently at the 15.page of part 2.  I couldn't wait more to ask a few questions;

1. As far as I understand risers helps us to connect more gpu to the mb, am I right? That's why you guys use?
2. What about PICO? What is that and why should we use it?
3. Why do we use pci-e cables, what for?
4. How non-reference or reference cards effects mining hashrate? Which one should we choose it and why?
5. What is breakout boards for?
6. I'm keep seeing "I'm Pulling X watt from the wall" What is the wall reference is here?
7. What is the difference between ATX PSU and Server PSU?
8. Why PSU efficeny is important?

I know these are beginner questions and I know that if I search google little bit I can find what they mean but an answer to these questions from a miner perspective, will help me to understand more easily.

Also, I would like to thank jun, philip, finsky and all the others who made the part 1 and part 2 amazingly useful. I've learned a lot and will keep learning more.

First, welcome to mining. This is a great community where everyone helps.

Your questions suggest you're quite new and still have a lot to learn. I doubt the OP has time to respond, so I'll give you some brief answers but also suggest you continue reading other threads and searching keywords on Google to keep learning about these topics.

1. As far as I understand risers helps us to connect more gpu to the mb, am I right? That's why you guys use?
Yes. Most motherboards used for mining have 6~7 PCI-E slots. If you want to use all slots you absolutely need to use risers to connect the GPUs. Powered risers are the standard these days. Google "usb powered pci-e risers" and you will find lots of information on risers.

A PICO is a device that allows you to use a server PSU with a regular ATX motherboard. Server PSUs don't usually come with the 24 pin ATX power plug required to power motherboards. So a PICO will get power from a 4 and/or 6 pin cable from the server PSU and plug into the 24 pin motherboard connector.

PCI-E power cables are used to power GPUs from the PSU.

4. How non-reference or reference cards effects mining hashrate? Which one should we choose it and why?
Mining hashrate doesn't vary with the reference/non-reference design. When a new generation of GPUs is released, reference cards are released first. These cards all carry a cooler that was designed by the GPU manufacturer (AMD, Nvidia etc). OEM have their proprietary GPU cooler designs, also known as non-reference. Reference coolers tend to be blower type, i.e. they blow hot air out one direction. Non-ref coolers tend to have better cooling performance.

Server PSUs, unlike ATX PSUs, don't have the usual power connectors required to power motherboards and GPUs. Breakout board plug into the server PSU and "break out" the power into multiple 6 pin PCI-E output connectors. Look for the threads about breakout boards on this forum to learn more.

6. I'm keep seeing "I'm Pulling X watt from the wall" What is the wall reference is here?
The wall is the wall! The electric socket in the wall. Miners usually use a watt measuring device or wattmeter, like Kill-A-Watt, to measure how much power their mining rig is pulling from the wall. Google "Kill-A-Watt" to learn more.

ATX PSUs come with various connectors and cables to build an ATX computer and power various components. Servers PSUs don't. Also, server PSUs tend to have higher reliability over long term, because they're designed to power servers that run 24/7/365. Server PSUs are also generally rated Platinum or higher in terms of efficiency, and can be purchased second-hand or refurbished for much cheaper than ATX PSUs.

Because the more efficient the PSU is, the less power you lose when converting electricity from your wall to the 12v power your GPUs need. Google "PSU efficiency" to learn more about it.
slugmandrew

Activity: 138

Everything's a bubble, idiot

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:51:28 PM

Hey guys, I really like this thread and the general vibe. Some awesome projects and I've learned a lot in the last half an hour.

I'm from the UK am currently building my first proper AMD rig, and I bought a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3.

Have managed to get 5 GPUs running by updating the BIOS, but the 6th one is proving difficult. I want to know if it's possible or not as a lot of people are saying that chipset is junk and can't handle more than 4 or 5 cards simultaneously.

I have been reading around trying to understand PCI-E lanes... my mobo has 20 apparently and my CPU supports 16. Is that 20 the hard limit (5x4 lanes) or can I run 6 cards somehow? I've heard that if I set PCI version to 1 in the BIOS that might work, as it forces all lanes to use PCIE1x. Is this true or can anyone offer any advice please?

I need to get this one working, or buy a different board before I build my next machine. Planning a tiny (3-4 rig) farm initially Smiley

Thanks, and happy mining.

SMD

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:05:42 PM

Hey guys, I really like this thread and the general vibe. Some awesome projects and I've learned a lot in the last half an hour.

I'm from the UK am currently building my first proper AMD rig, and I bought a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3.

Have managed to get 5 GPUs running by updating the BIOS, but the 6th one is proving difficult. I want to know if it's possible or not as a lot of people are saying that chipset is junk and can't handle more than 4 or 5 cards simultaneously.

I have been reading around trying to understand PCI-E lanes... my mobo has 20 apparently and my CPU supports 16. Is that 20 the hard limit (5x4 lanes) or can I run 6 cards somehow? I've heard that if I set PCI version to 1 in the BIOS that might work, as it forces all lanes to use PCIE1x. Is this true or can anyone offer any advice please?

I need to get this one working, or buy a different board before I build my next machine. Planning a tiny (3-4 rig) farm initially Smiley

SMD

Do you have above 4gb decoding enabled and have win10 installed in eufi mode? also try pcie lane timing thing from 32 to 64 and peg0/peg1 to gen1 or auto.. I have 7gpu working on my msi z170a pro gaming carbon
illseey

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:11:21 PM

Hey Guys,

I read all the comments part 1 thread and I'm currently at the 15.page of part 2.  I couldn't wait more to ask a few questions;

I know these are beginner questions and I know that if I search google little bit I can find what they mean but an answer to these questions from a miner perspective, will help me to understand more easily.

Also, I would like to thank jun, philip, finsky and all the others who made the part 1 and part 2 amazingly useful. I've learned a lot and will keep learning more.

First, welcome to mining. This is a great community where everyone helps.

Your questions suggest you're quite new and still have a lot to learn. I doubt the OP has time to respond, so I'll give you some brief answers but also suggest you continue reading other threads and searching keywords on Google to keep learning about these topics.

Yes. Most motherboards used for mining have 6~7 PCI-E slots. If you want to use all slots you absolutely need to use risers to connect the GPUs. Powered risers are the standard these days. Google "usb powered pci-e risers" and you will find lots of information on risers.

A PICO is a device that allows you to use a server PSU with a regular ATX motherboard. Server PSUs don't usually come with the 24 pin ATX power plug required to power motherboards. So a PICO will get power from a 4 and/or 6 pin cable from the server PSU and plug into the 24 pin motherboard connector.

PCI-E power cables are used to power GPUs from the PSU.

Mining hashrate doesn't vary with the reference/non-reference design. When a new generation of GPUs is released, reference cards are released first. These cards all carry a cooler that was designed by the GPU manufacturer (AMD, Nvidia etc). OEM have their proprietary GPU cooler designs, also known as non-reference. Reference coolers tend to be blower type, i.e. they blow hot air out one direction. Non-ref coolers tend to have better cooling performance.

Server PSUs, unlike ATX PSUs, don't have the usual power connectors required to power motherboards and GPUs. Breakout board plug into the server PSU and "break out" the power into multiple 6 pin PCI-E output connectors. Look for the threads about breakout boards on this forum to learn more.

The wall is the wall! The electric socket in the wall. Miners usually use a watt measuring device or wattmeter, like Kill-A-Watt, to measure how much power their mining rig is pulling from the wall. Google "Kill-A-Watt" to learn more.

ATX PSUs come with various connectors and cables to build an ATX computer and power various components. Servers PSUs don't. Also, server PSUs tend to have higher reliability over long term, because they're designed to power servers that run 24/7/365. Server PSUs are also generally rated Platinum or higher in terms of efficiency, and can be purchased second-hand or refurbished for much cheaper than ATX PSUs.

Because the more efficient the PSU is, the less power you lose when converting electricity from your wall to the 12v power your GPUs need. Google "PSU efficiency" to learn more about it.

I appreciate the answer. It helped a lot. Thank you Smiley
drrobert

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:13:51 PM

Do you have above 4gb decoding enabled and have win10 installed in eufi mode? also try pcie lane timing thing from 32 to 64 and peg0/peg1 to gen1 or auto.. I have 7gpu working on my msi z170a pro gaming carbon

I have z270a win10 with 8gpu EUFI mode, rember also not use last driver with signature check or if you try to patch them then window not will start cause it is in EUFI mode, in legacy mode they will start but you can't run with more 7 gpu. i use also gen 3 but i don't see different between 1/3
slugmandrew

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:22:40 AM

SMD

I have to reinstall windows 10? I've never read that anywhere else.

Can't see any settings in my BIOS for pcie lane timing or peg0/peg1. I set pcie to gen1 but no difference. Just get spinning fans a few times while the PC tries various configurations to boot up but none of them work. Nothing ever somes on the screen so it's like the onboard graphics just won't work with 6 cards in there.

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:59:10 PM

SMD

Can't see any settings in my BIOS for pcie lane timing or peg0/peg1. I set pcie to gen1 but no difference. Just get spinning fans a few times while the PC tries various configurations to boot up but none of them work. Nothing ever somes on the screen so it's like the onboard graphics just won't work with 6 cards in there.

open the run thing and type msinfo32.. on that page look for bios mode.. If it doesn't say UEFI (it's uefi or legacy) then you need to reinstall and 7gpu (maybe even 6gpu too) won't work (there are guides to install the uefi version you may need the rufus program)
slugmandrew

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

SMD

open the run thing and type msinfo32.. on that page look for bios mode.. If it doesn't say UEFI (it's uefi or legacy) then you need to reinstall and 7gpu (maybe even 6gpu too) won't work (there are guides to install the uefi version you may need the rufus program)

Ahhh, I had no idea. I just checked and it is legacy! I found a guide here (http://windowsreport.com/install-windows-10-using-uefi/) and I'm familiar with Rufus so I'll give that a bash when I get time.

Thanks a million for the help - I'll let you know how I get on Smiley

How do you find the 170 then? Lot of people slagging it off from what I've read

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:14:51 AM

hey guys its me cryptowatcher420!, so as you know there are those of you that know I make custom cables, im now able to showcase my work and I choose to do so on this thread of yun9999's, anyways without further adue!

*note* ive just finished choosing what Ive deemed standard for crypto miners needs when building rigs of the open air nature and for enclosed ones as well

Picture #1 - 1200w hp server psu with breakout board, pico and my 6pin to 4+4 pin with 2.5mm barrel plug pigtail for the pico psu!

Picture #2 - Different Angle of the above picture, sorry for the very bright blue light that's from the pico, the other cable you see part of is my newest crypto cable its a extension plus a splitter cable of sorts, 6 pin to 6+2pin with a pigtail for 6pin for RISER USE ONLY.

Picture #3 - this picture shows the 6+2 pin and the pigtail to 6pin for the riser

for some of ya, this is what yall have been waiting to see, as you can see its WAY less cabling than compared to using a atx psu, this will def be my goto standard from now on. server grade psu's, breakout boards for the win!

If anyone would like to buy some of these custom cables contact me through Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
yun9999 (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:39:33 PM

Looks good Crypto
slugmandrew

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:20:23 PM

hey guys its me cryptowatcher420!, so as you know there are those of you that know I make custom cables, im now able to showcase my work and I choose to do so on this thread of yun9999's, anyways without further adue!

*note* ive just finished choosing what Ive deemed standard for crypto miners needs when building rigs of the open air nature and for enclosed ones as well

Picture #1 - 1200w hp server psu with breakout board, pico and my 6pin to 4+4 pin with 2.5mm barrel plug pigtail for the pico psu!

Picture #2 - Different Angle of the above picture, sorry for the very bright blue light that's from the pico, the other cable you see part of is my newest crypto cable its a extension plus a splitter cable of sorts, 6 pin to 6+2pin with a pigtail for 6pin for RISER USE ONLY.

Picture #3 - this picture shows the 6+2 pin and the pigtail to 6pin for the riser

for some of ya, this is what yall have been waiting to see, as you can see its WAY less cabling than compared to using a atx psu, this will def be my goto standard from now on. server grade psu's, breakout boards for the win!

If anyone would like to buy some of these custom cables contact me through Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK

These look awesome! Can you send to UK, and how much are they?

dddrgonzooo

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:31:44 AM

I ordered from cryptowatcher420 and am using the 6pin to 4+4 pin with 2.5mm barrel plug pigtail for pico and am very happy with the product. I will be ordering a few more in the near future!
bdawg8527

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:02:04 AM

I have been reading this thread and have learned quite a bit over the last few days. One thing that I cannot find is more information on mounting the cards inside the rosewill cases. yun9999, are you using the RSV-L4500? Can you or anyone else using the 4u server case post some pictures or information on how the fans and the cards are mounted into the case?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

I am very highly interested in these 6 pin to 6+2 pin with the 6 pin pigtail for the riser. I have to run some calculations for upcoming builds, but I might be interested in 50-60 of them in the near future. Smiley
iaoorin

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

This is my first post, and I'm really into starting my own mining cave. I'm in process of learning and this thread was all in one. Thanks to everyone that comment and help the community.

ETH is 90$!!!! Why i didn't start this earlier Sad
Razziel

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:10:37 PM

yun9999

did you finally found the solution for noisy 1200W psu breakout board ? can you advice me someone who sells breakout boards for dps-1200 for good prices?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: