Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I look for when choosing Altcoin?  (Read 730 times)
LibreMan (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:36:59 AM

There are many altcoins in poloniex.com and yobit.net. Especially ZEC, DASH and ETH have good value.
How can we know the altcoins that are at low levels and that are going to rise in the future? Does this have a formula?

What are you paying attention to when investing in any altcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:41:34 AM

first thing : market cap and volume, technology behind it, and maybe you can see who the develop the coin.
i think with all of them we can buy a gread potentiall coin for future profit

shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 05:00:59 AM

first thing : market cap and volume, technology behind it, and maybe you can see who the develop the coin.
Can you please also share how can we actually analyze or see the stats of market cap and volume? Plus how to know that the developers are reliable etc?
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 05:10:48 AM

First you need to research a good project with solid team behind it, go to their website and see their roadmap, put those days in your calendar and buy into the rumour, most time around this period the team always work to deliver an updates that cause the price to react to this news.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 05:34:40 AM

There is no formula behind altcoin popularity. Even the biggest altcoin can fall from grace.
Litecoin was once the biggest altcoin then Ethereum and Dash appeared and dethroned it.

There is no way to determine if project is reliable and good unless you have every piece of information:
- who is backing the coin, who develops it, are developers trustworthy individuals skilled with their craft?
- what is the purpose of the altcoin, is it unique and new concept?
- what is the roadmap and goals? are they achievable or coin will be forever in alpha stage...
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 06:37:43 AM

There are many altcoins in poloniex.com and yobit.net. Especially ZEC, DASH and ETH have good value.
How can we know the altcoins that are at low levels and that are going to rise in the future? Does this have a formula?

My strategy in buying altcoins nowadays is get them by their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) because their price is very low and have a potential to grow on market but must be careful in investing ICO.
But I keep supporting and trading ETH,DASH and Stratis.
LibreMan (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

My strategy in buying altcoins nowadays is get them by their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) because their price is very low and have a potential to grow on market but must be careful in investing ICO.

What exactly is ICO? Is it possible to win a bitcoin with ICOs?
What's the difference from signature campaigns? How can I access the current ICO advertisements?
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:51:00 AM

Can you please also share how can we actually analyze or see the stats of market cap and volume? Plus how to know that the developers are reliable etc?

ceck at this
https://coinmarketcap.com/
see why you mnust buy it, any technology behind it, or maybe just for pump and dump

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:57:38 AM

What exactly is ICO? Is it possible to win a bitcoin with ICOs?
What's the difference from signature campaigns? How can I access the current ICO advertisements?

ICO is Initial Coin Offering.
it is a method of crowdfunding cryptocurrency projects by raising funds through an ICO campaign and in that a percentage of the coins are sold to those who are investing.

but in reality this is turning into a new method to scam people out of their money. the projects are all bad and they show it as being good to take the money and if you check the history majority of the ICO coins get dumped pretty hard after the release.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:59:28 AM

I think we can predict about its price or value to increase in the future because  it depends upon the user of the bitcoin who can buy/sell .
But it is a small time for everyone altcoin that goes rise up when some groups of people make bulk buy with the single time .
Here the best example is of Putin that it get much famouse in a very short time time .
So it depends upon the popularity of the altcoin and the user who made deals in how much amount .
Here I will suggest to beside these use candel  graph to see the price of the altcoin , Usually 60-70% chances of accuracy tell by the candle graph is real .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:29:23 AM

There are many altcoins in poloniex.com and yobit.net.
stop using Yobit, it is a bad place and if you get caught into the fake pumping hype they put out there you will lose a lot of money.

Especially ZEC, DASH and ETH have good value.
good value? what is exactly good about it?
the price is higher than others and that is all you can say about their "value" and at this point DASH and ETH are in a mini bubble which makes their value bad. and ZEC is generally not such a good coin in my opinion.

you should look for potential in these coins. check their announcement, try to learn some basic stuff about these things and also about trading. it is a bit hard and needs a learning curve but you'll  get there.

the potential that I told you.
also news and hypes before they get pumped Cheesy

Only Bitcoin
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:51:09 AM

ICO is Initial Coin Offering.
it is a method of crowdfunding cryptocurrency projects by raising funds through an ICO campaign and in that a percentage of the coins are sold to those who are investing.

but in reality this is turning into a new method to scam people out of their money. the projects are all bad and they show it as being good to take the money and if you check the history majority of the ICO coins get dumped pretty hard after the release.
Not all ICOs are scams or bad projects. We had some good ICOs in the past.

Many people at this point start to forget that development of Ethereum was funded by an online crowdsale in 2014 as well.

Back in that day ICOs were better. Today market is so saturated that is is hard to find really valuable ICO.
Impeachcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 01:52:31 AM

Make sure the technical team is competent, the community is excited, the Slack has activity and people are holding the devs' feet to the fire!
AusKipper

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:18:51 AM

What I would do (and did, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1796575.0 ) is come up with what you would do if you where going to create what you think is a perfect crypto, would it be PoW or PoS? Would privacy be a factor? Is it just a coin or is it trying to do storage or be a social network? Do you want it based on Bitcoin, Cryptonote or some other chain tech?

Then go looking see whats the closest, and provided it doesn't have anything major wrong with it, then get that.

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:23:02 AM

Basiccally there are not formula for make investments into altcoins, but usually the investors use analysis technical for short term strategy, traders use this method and the investors long term use analysis fundamental, they are looking for the coins that has new innovations from the developers as rutine and many investors who make investments into it.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:32:17 AM

This is my concern to see about the altcoin aspect to define it seems legit or not.
1. Escrow.
2. Roadmap and clear innovation. the important thing about the legal aspect.
3. The publication of the Github code.
3. The team (most of the reliable ico don't run by the anonymous dev)

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:34:27 AM

This is my concern to see about the altcoin aspect to define it seems legit or not.
1. Escrow.
2. Roadmap and clear innovation. the important thing about the legal aspect.
3. The publication of the Github code.
3. The team (most of the reliable ico don't run by the anonymous dev)

Well this a summary of what you should know for choosing the best alt coin for you if you wanted to buy and go for trading.

The transparency for the whole team will make it clear and will let you decide if you think that those coins are trustworthy.

Another thing is the market cap of those coins, you can see if it has potential if many invested on it.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 01:24:37 PM

ceck at this
https://coinmarketcap.com/
see why you mnust buy it, any technology behind it, or maybe just for pump and dump
Thanks for the link, very useful actually.
But how do we know which one is doing better than the other? Is it the Change %age or the price graph that gives a better idea? What are your criteria of measuring the performances of these altcoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: