Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when 1 satoshi is $ 1?  (Read 17243 times)
Zin-Zang

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:58:21 PM

What if bitcoin gains much more value than you anticipate? So what happens when 1 satoshi reaches the price of 1 dollar?
What kind of arrangement is made if payment is requested as Cent? Can the bitcoin core be modified?

If 1 sat reaches $1 , then all of us that had a million sat , will be rich.  Wink

Bitcoin Core Plan is for all transactions to move offchain to the LN Network, so your cent transfers would happen there.

The only real issue, is can Bitcoin Core Coin actually reach $1 per sat and anyone be able to pay an Onchain transaction fees, which would be astronomicalTongue

I was Red Tagged because Lauda Blows Theymos to get back on DT
The rest are just lauda's personal butt monkeys=> Hhampuz , Vod, TMAN , achow101

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:17:04 PM

Just to radar on to the subject, if this happens (which is quite a fantasy), then a lot of us will be filthy rich! Filthy!
Yeah, that's the word to describe it. The number of millionaires worldwide will dramatically increase! But of course, what are the odds of Bitcoin reaching or attaining this much value? Is it even mathematically possible? I know that we usually say that anything is possible. But this one, well, it's off the list!

pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:36:52 PM

What if bitcoin gains much more value than you anticipate? So what happens when 1 satoshi reaches the price of 1 dollar?
What kind of arrangement is made if payment is requested as Cent? Can the bitcoin core be modified?

if 1 satoshi for $ 1 then bitcoin price will be very expensive and it is sure will be many people who become rich and will many people who regret it because it sells bitcoin quickly at cheap price when bitcoin price can berpotnesi at that price.
Then there are many people also will be poor suddenly if the price go back like today price.
$1 for 1 satoshi is very big price and i dont think bitcoin will have that power to gains that price. I know we are bitcoin real supporter but i prefer to think realistic now. Not imagination
adjudicator

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:40:15 PM

If one satoshi will reaches the price of one dollar then definitely many people especially a satoshi holders may become a millionaire. And I think it is another big news in our society and it can belong or list with the name of bitcoin.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:32:52 AM

I don't think satoshi's such an increased value. If such a growth happens sure most of us will become rich. The faucets sites will be encountering high traffic and can see people using faucets more than our forum.
If that will happen I guarantee all of satoshi coin holders will be rich and multi millionaire as well . Ecause many of us have that kind of coins in our wallet . So great if that will happen .
jumail

Activity: 353
Merit: 28

Productive housewife

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:48:27 AM

If that will happen, bitcoin will be too much expensive for almost everyone. It os because satoshis are like cents of cents of bitcoin. But if this will happen, those who have bitcoin will be the richest persons in the world. Though this event will take decades or even more than one century in my opinion.
You are right and for anyone who has bitcoin even in small quantities will surely become rich. It will also have an impact on transaction fees that will certainly be more expensive. On the other hand, if bitcoin prices jumped sharply, then sure things will happen to most altcoins, surely the holder will profit big. However, does that mean bubble bitcoin becomes so big?
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:25:03 AM

1 satoshi - 1 dollar will be fine as a "wish" every cryptographer becomes infact wealthy,but the value of currency in this condition will bring adverse effect on other trades and involved economy. Its more good to hold it.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 01:54:41 AM

In my opinion it will not happens .
Because about  100000 satoshi is equal to 1$ then you can think that if it will happen only when the price of bitcoin increase about one lakh time the current price . Which is Impossible for about 10-20 years .
But.if it would be then surely we will restricted to make transaction of minimum 10$ with 0.25satoshi fee of transaction
If adoption continues it will likely to happen, and we will have to transact a minimum amount at that rate, but if that finally happen 1 bitcoin will make one guy a millionaire already I hope that day will come many will become a millionaire among us, these are those who holds their bitcoin even if the price is crashing.

Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:40:00 AM

If I am not mistake, if 1 sats = $1 thats mean 1 bitcoin = $100million. I wont say its impossibe but its almost impossible but i will be glad if that happen  Grin.  I dont think bitcoin can be modified but anything can be possible
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:49:23 AM

If I am not mistake, if 1 sats = $1 thats mean 1 bitcoin = $100million. I wont say its impossibe but its almost impossible but i will be glad if that happen  Grin.  I dont think bitcoin can be modified but anything can be possible
then we all in here will be a millionire and billionaire members..haha.. and the fees for each transaction will be $100000 dollar everytime we want to buy and sell.. too much ridiculous but not impossible. maybe for 100 years to come it will be dream come true. for now make some reasonable price for bitcoin..

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:02:41 AM

if it really happens the price of 1 satoshi equals 1 $ each person will get rich, and people will work hard to get it, hope it can happen, our whole life will be guaranteed in the future

In addition, if happens that 1 satoshi equals to 1 dollar many people will become billionaire instantly if they owned a lot of bitcoin in their wallet right now. But it takes times to make this in reality because satoshi (cents) is very far in value compared to dollars. We could not really imagined how the world economics stands in this new era of technology.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:06:10 AM

And then 1 bitcoin is equivalent to 10,000,000 usd. It's so great if the price of 1 bitcoin is that. Many people especially satoshi whose holding 1,000,000 bitcoin will be rich af.
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:12:01 AM

If 1 satoshi would be this pricey, i would be a very rich man Grin, but i don't think it will ever reach a price like this. It's simply way too much or at least not achievable in the near future. The transaction fees would be also extremely high in this case.

Almost everyone who holds their tokens will become rich if that happens, but it seems like a good thing if that happens. Grin
adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:08:33 AM

for me it does not make any sense to me that such a thing happens. For example, when a bitcoin is $ 10,000 many people will sell their btcs. Nobody expects to be $ 100,000,000,. If massive adoption takes place. There is a chance we can reach that price because demand and inventory can determine how much Bitcoin costs.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:05:28 AM

I think that bitcoin will never reach such a cost. If satoshi will cost one dollar, it means that the total bitcoin will be equal to one hundred million dollars. It's impossible. Bitcoin's various circumstances will never allow him to rise to such a height, and above all because he is too volatile for this. It is the great volatility that will always prevent its large growth, as well as various negative information about crypto-alaite. Panic among investors will always be earlier than bitcoin will reach high values, and bitcoin because of this will always fall in price.
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:08:51 AM

Its so hard to see it happen that 1 satoshi is going to 1$.Its unbelievable impossible to happen maybe bitcoin price will get high but not 1 dollar because bitcoin has a limited amount.but its totaly surprise when each satoshi cost 1 dollar,people were really happy
Missterio

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:13:30 AM

I think nothing will particularly happen. Because by the time this is all will get used to this situation.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:46:34 AM

I don't think satoshi's such an increased value. If such a growth happens sure most of us will become rich. The faucets sites will be encountering high traffic and can see people using faucets more than our forum.

Your reason was true and correct, instead of posting in the thread forum no one will attempt to do it instead they would rather to choose do

faucets due to less hassle and effort. One more thing it is not also a realistic things to be happen too, in my my point of view.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:02:42 AM

Your reason was true and correct, instead of posting in the thread forum no one will attempt to do it instead they would rather to choose do

faucets due to less hassle and effort. One more thing it is not also a realistic things to be happen too, in my my point of view.
The faucet will not exist at that time or they will find ways in which the participants will receive 1 satoshi after a few days. We are thinking too far, things will change in accordance with the situation.
Onews1990

Activity: 362

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:47:16 AM

If what you suggested happens and 1 satoshi will be equal to 1dollar, then 1 bitcoin is equal to 100 M dollars which will make everyone who ownes it unbelievably rich.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: