Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Infographic - looking for support/criticism/encouragement :-P?  (Read 739 times)
LJE (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:22:48 PM

Hey guys,

I'm an infographic designer from Germany and I am currently working on an infographic about Bitcoins. I want to publish the finished version under a CC license online for everyone to use, with the goal to spread the word about bitcoins, to explain the concept to people, and to work against some of the false criticism against Bitcoin. I am convinced that doing so in a graphic can make this easier to understand, especially for not-so-tech-savvy-people.

Online I have found a few "infographics" on Bitcoins, but only one that is not just a bunch of random facts pieced together, namely this one:

http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/bitcoin-infographic_5029189c9cbaf.jpg

Seeing this was really an important moment in my understanding of the system, but I want to take it a step further since this is mainly restricted to the technical part behind mining - I also want to talk about the implications of that system.

The graphic will consist of two parts, the history of Bitcoins, together with a few charts of the price development, volume etc. I believe my research in this area is pretty solid already.

The second part however is a flowchart that, ideally, should explain the system to someone who has not heard about Bitcoins before. I have put a lot of effort into the research over the last few weeks and came up with a lot of info, but i found it a pretty big challenge to put this in a clear, logical and linear storyline (Where do you start? And where do you go? And how do you manage to cover all the aspects in between without interrupting your storyline?)

I think I have come up with a pretty clear concept now; please not that this is not a design sketch, just a 'storyline' to organize myself. If you find spelling mistakes you can keep them ;-)

http://postimg.org/image/u62mkj9r1/

http://s22.postimg.org/9lxsm1u00/bitcoin_flowchart_v1_1.jpg

Now my reason for this post: Since I am still relatively new to the whole topic of Bitcoins, what is your opinion? Do you think this does a good job of explaining how it works? Are there any mistakes? Is there any info missing?

I hope you guys like the idea, and I'm grateful for any kind of support. I believe a freely available graphic like this could do a great job to counter some of the false criticism about Bitcoins that is appearing all over the web! I am looking for some people who like this idea and want to contribute and I figured this was a pretty good place to start!

Also since I am a newbie I can't make any real posts yet, so if some of you consider this a good idea, I would be very grateful if you would repost this in it's proper place :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitman12

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:24:19 PM

Good Wink
djalexr

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:31:24 PM

great info - there is a lot to take in there though so perhaps by splitting the text up a bit, using bullet points etc would make it a bit easier to take it all in!

LJE (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:41:55 PM

Hey,

thanks for the quick response!

I will probably re-write the complete text at some point of time and will also run it by some native speakers. Right now I'm still working on the concept layer but I planned to start working on the actual design this weekend. So before I do that I want to make sure that the basis is flawless!

If there is a lot of response/enthusiasm here I thought I might also share my original research with you guys, there is still a few open ends and additional validation can never hurt! :-)
mkmen

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:13:10 PM

I think it's a great idea, also that you mentioned translating it to different languages.
Every project like this, that makes Bitcoin and the technology around it more understandable for regular folk is pushing it forward!
I'm looking forward to seeing it, also can help with translation to my native language - PM me.
markblackntz

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:26:39 PM

This is a great way to help new comers of bitcoins to understand bitcoins better. I think that a lot of new comers enter bitcoins without really knowing what they are, they are here because of the buzz and media.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 06:09:36 AM

Development thread is here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=182174.msg1901691#msg1901691

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]