Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Subcategories for newbie-section?  (Read 337 times)
MiningMole (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:19:47 AM

Hi I'm brand new but I already have a suggestion..  Wink

What about subcategories in the newbie-section?

That's because I find it quite overwhelming with so many different threads. If nobody answers quickly they only stay for minutes on the first page, too.

Even few subcatergories (for example: "mining-related", "marketplace/giveaways", "general discussion") could very much improve this and make reading and posting more enjoyable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zilarion

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:26:42 AM

Honestly, I think it is a good idea, but we'll have to see - It's actually just for newbies, and the main forum has categories, so it's just to 'meet' the forum, and get used to how everything works.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:27:13 AM

Hi I'm brand new but I already have a suggestion..  Wink

What about subcategories in the newbie-section?

That's because I find it quite overwhelming with so many different threads. If nobody answers quickly they only stay for minutes on the first page, too.

Even few subcatergories (for example: "mining-related", "marketplace/giveaways", "general discussion") could very much improve this and make reading and posting more enjoyable.

That would be a good idea, if anyone ever would put things into the right category. No one does however. Even posters who have been here years just throw everything into bitcoin discussion and let the mods sweep it to the right place.
MiningMole (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:37:01 AM

I understand that most users only stay temporarily in the newbie section and that it would mean work to sort posts into categories.
On the other hand since newbies have to do their first activities here it would be great to have some structure to guide them. At least rudimentary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: