Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:11:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc price is driven by fullfilled / Unfullfilled expectations ...  (Read 553 times)
PrymeTyme (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 03:41:09 PM by PrymeTyme

till now btc's supply and demand is purely driven by fullfilled and unfullfilled expectations... whereas expectations feed on shoeshineboys, news good /bad, alltime highs and mostly futurology  backed by complicated computer science mumbojumbo which your average joe blow (me) doesnt comprehend...

the best advice i can give (joeblow)  is buy  physical bitcoins , cassascius etc. with money  you can afford to lose and hodl!

even if the btc experiment fails you at least hold some memorabilia , which may end up beeing of great value to some collectors in the future..
or at least you got something to show to your grand kids (been there done that got the  bitcoin)

all the best

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:01:24 PM

You're basically saying, don't store all your eggs in one basket. Bitcoin should be considered a fairly high risk investment and it is best to keep the majority of your money at low risk for stability. It depends on each individuals ability to save and financial needs.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 08:21:24 PM

the best advice i can give (joeblow)  is buy  physical bitcoins , cassascius etc. with money  you can afford to lose and hodl!

Hahah, and pay 2x face to get something that you consider to be "memorabilia"? I don't know about that. For me the reason to buy Casascius coins was because they did have at least some monetary value.

Using your rationale, one would be better off buying some unfunded Casascicus slugs or any of the other physical crypto coins that are sold but arent worth even close to as much as Casascius coins are.
PrymeTyme (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:27:46 PM

Hahah, and pay 2x face to get something that you consider to be "memorabilia"? I don't know about that. For me the reason to buy Casascius coins was because they did have at least some monetary value.

Using your rationale, one would be better off buying some unfunded Casascicus slugs or any of the other physical crypto coins that are sold but arent worth even close to as much as Casascius coins are.

unfunded???

there are still 17K+ funded 1BTC Cassascius coins arround...

then there is Titan , Alitin mint,Kialara

plenty to chose .. lookout for auctions etc..
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:55:19 PM

till now btc's supply and demand is purely driven by fullfilled and unfullfilled expectations... whereas expectations feed on shoeshineboys, news good /bad, alltime highs and mostly futurology

this is just your opinion and nothing more...

backed by complicated computer science mumbojumbo which your average joe blow (me) doesnt comprehend...

Bitcoin as a technology is backed by the complicated "science" (lol) not the rise. the rise is purely based on supply and demand and the fact that people understand what extremely limited supply versus billions of population all over the world means. and this is while bitcoin is a decentralized currency without all the bullshit of the banks and all those in the middle.

the best advice i can give (joeblow)  is buy  physical bitcoins , cassascius etc. with money  you can afford to lose and hodl!

even if the btc experiment fails you at least hold some memorabilia , which may end up beeing of great value to some collectors in the future..
or at least you got something to show to your grand kids (been there done that got the  bitcoin)

in my opinion this is a terrible advice.
first of all collectibles are only good for those who are interested in collecting collectibles not those who want to make a possible profit.
also if bitcoin fails as you said here, these collectibles are going to be just a piece of metal or plastic or whatever the rest of them are made of without any value. and become trinkets of the history of a "failed experiment" (as you put it)

all the best
cheers

i don't know if it was accident or intentional but please remove all the new lines at the end of your post, it is a little annoying and waste of space.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:37:44 PM

You're looking at this from the wrong perspective. Bitcoin shouldn't be regarded as a financial investment but rather an investment in Bitcoin itself and its technology.
The Blockchain still has lots of potential and it's still only early days.
As with every investment, you only play with money you're not fussed about losing. In that case it should make no difference in how you invest and hold your BTC.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:46:35 PM

till now btc's supply and demand is purely driven by fullfilled and unfullfilled expectations... whereas expectations feed on shoeshineboys, news good /bad, alltime highs and mostly futurology  backed by complicated computer science mumbojumbo which your average joe blow (me) doesnt comprehend...

or at least you got something to show to your grand kids (been there done that got the  bitcoin)

all the best

cheers

Every investment ever is driven by fulfilled or unfulfilled expectations... what is your point in any case?

Every business ever, is also financed by the expectation of it doing good.

No matter how much research you do, until you do something, you don't know if it works.

So its a matter of reasonable expectations.

Now is it reasonable expected that BTC will keep growing? Yes.
PrymeTyme (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:05:11 PM

@BitcoinHodler

90% of trading transactions take place on an exchanges like Bitfinex(middleman?) ect.  the price of bitcoin is like with all other assets etc.. it is purely driven by supply and demand yes ,..

but what makes you pull the trigger ? to either sell or buy?

i will bet my ass that you expect to price either do a,b or c before and after you pull the trigger , am i right ?

@AT101ET
what a majority of masses are attracted at this stage to get into bitcoin are the potential profits one could make  and nothing more
most people (masses) dont care about the 'technology' behind bitcoin but how much profit they coud make at this stage

and that will only change if ever , if bitcoin is actually so far accepted till one gets  paid in bitcoin , pay  rent and buy groceries with bitcoin.. and we are far far away from that.. true
till then a mass adoption is only driven by dollar signs in ones eyes...

and thats why i wrote the most conservative ROI with a slight edge to the upside is buy and hold physical bitcoins and wait till the wild west dust is settled ....

cheers

PrymeTyme (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:14:26 PM

Every investment ever is driven by fulfilled or unfulfilled expectations... what is your point in any case?

that , was my point in case  at this stage BTC is mostly seen as an investment

i guess people in the btc universe know its potential , but everyone outside not so much

so will bitcoin ever leave the stage of an investment vehicle ?

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:10:07 PM

@BitcoinHodler

90% of trading transactions take place on an exchanges like Bitfinex(middleman?) ect.  the price of bitcoin is like with all other assets etc.. it is purely driven by supply and demand yes ,..

but what makes you pull the trigger ? to either sell or buy?

i will bet my ass that you expect to price either do a,b or c before and after you pull the trigger , am i right ?

@AT101ET
what a majority of masses are attracted at this stage to get into bitcoin are the potential profits one could make  and nothing more
most people (masses) dont care about the 'technology' behind bitcoin but how much profit they coud make at this stage

and that will only change if ever , if bitcoin is actually so far accepted till one gets  paid in bitcoin , pay  rent and buy groceries with bitcoin.. and we are far far away from that.. true
till then a mass adoption is only driven by dollar signs in ones eyes...

and thats why i wrote the most conservative ROI with a slight edge to the upside is buy and hold physical bitcoins and wait till the wild west dust is settled ....

cheers

Well if that's your main point then I'd say you're still incorrect. If people are only buying into BTC for a quick turn of profit then buying physical coins is not advisable.
The price of Casascius coins is determined by the supply/demand at the time of sale.
Additionally, selling a Casascius coin would be more difficult than selling BTC itself. You could easily sell BTC online with the click of a few buttons but selling a collectible often takes time.
So for those who are only into BTC from a financial/investment perspective, it'd be better to just buy BTC and store online/offline under they're ready to sell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: