Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:15:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3×2.5 gram gold bars for sell  (Read 2112 times)
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2722
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:20:56 PM

it is a good deal!!

if i was in the US i would have grabbed them all!!

not sure why they havent sold yet...
What does the US have to do with this sale? the OP is not located in the US?

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1072

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

I'm having trouble getting a professional update from this user about some silver I purchased February 15, 2017.

I would appreciate a timely response to my follow up PM requesting the tracking number you were unable to locate since Saturday morning.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 5879

Meh.

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:35:03 PM

I'm having trouble getting a professional update from this user about some silver I purchased February 15, 2017.

I would appreciate a timely response to my follow up PM requesting the tracking number you were unable to locate since Saturday morning.

It seems to be that dealing with this user is like dealing with a brick wall. Throw stuff at if enough times and it might fall over.

Jokes aside, Liad seems to have been slacking a lot lately. When making deals and having open trades up that's the wrong way to go about it. Hence why I'm almost recommending people not to deal with that user right now.

The recent email/pw change might have something to do with it, I've no idea.

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:42:39 PM

Is liad usually good about that stuff and fairly active? There's a huuuge gap in post and trade history.

Edit I lied... Was looking at someone else's history
zekoroger

Activity: 496
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:45:59 PM

Same here...got track id but its strange.. from Feb 22 still no update...hope so im not scammed
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 5879

Meh.

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:47:05 PM

Same here...got track id but its strange.. from Feb 22 still no update...hope so im not scammed

For now I would not do any trades at all with this user.

The recent email/pw change and the fact the user keeps "finding" gold and silver laying around. Fishy..

zekoroger

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

When I ask about paper shipped proof, he replied:

"It's not the first deal I am doing here, I lost the paper probably, the only thing I had to give you is a tracking number."

Track id not change from Feb. 22, and its shipped from Israel Post to USA, but im from Europe.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:00:43 PM

I've left him negative feedback until this is resolved. His password and email got reset, he sends false tracking info and he isn't responding to other PM's.  This seems pretty obvious.....
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

"It's not the first deal I am doing here, I lost the paper probably, the only thing I had to give you is a tracking number."

Track id not change from Feb. 22, and its shipped from Israel Post to USA, but im from Europe.

I'd just like to point out when the user shipped me some silver it took exactly a month for me to receive it from the post mark date.

It could just be very slow
isoneguy

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:17:40 PM

I'd just like to point out when the user shipped me some silver it took exactly a month for me to receive it from the post mark date.

It could be suspicious at the least, maybe salty or jones could clear it up for us?
zekoroger

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:23:55 PM

hope so its just slow
Yuuto

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:16:00 AM

He also owes me here 0.038 BTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1812826.msg18058977#msg18058977.

I have PM'd him 3-4 days ago telling him that he should post on the thread to confirm that he has received the loan, but have not gotten back any response both in Personal Message and in public. He has been online and active on other threads in the meantime.

For me this is suspicious activity, especially now he has a negative under his name.

I'll consider my coins gone for now - another reason why you shouldn't deal with him until all this is resolved.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:27:51 AM

It could be suspicious at the least, maybe salty or jones could clear it up for us?

Hi,

Not sure why you think they have any insight to Liad's disappearance?

He was flaky on responding to me on 3 different potential sales where I finally gave up on trying to give him my BTC lol. (probably a good thing)

Shipping from anywhere in the world unless package is LOST or hung up in customs, should not take a month, unless it is coming by boat with a slow person walking it to your shipping address from the dock Smiley

Plus any tracking info would show that status.

If Liad's account was stolen or otherwise, why hasn't he made another account to say "Hey guys my account was compromised, dont deal with whoever, let me try to sort this out"?

Or reach out to another member via a dozen other channels?

At this point until any notice is provided, I think we can consider this an unsafe account to do business with.

Thanks!

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:34:36 AM

starting to glad i didn't even
Yuuto

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:53:40 AM

Hi,

He was flaky on responding to me on 3 different potential sales where I finally gave up on trying to give him my BTC lol. (probably a good thing)

Shipping from anywhere in the world unless package is LOST or hung up in customs, should not take a month, unless it is coming by boat with a slow person walking it to your shipping address from the dock Smiley

If Liad's account was stolen or otherwise, why hasn't he made another account to say "Hey guys my account was compromised, dont deal with whoever, let me try to sort this out"?

At this point until any notice is provided, I think we can consider this an unsafe account to do business with.

Thanks!

Sums it up quite nicely.

ALso remember that with my loan request he has produced a legitimate signed message from an address used a few months ago, which means that the account was probably not compromised at all.

See here:

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Liad.Services, Bitcointalk, 3/4/2017, loan request
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
15KEdCMqiWRYhd3FxvXvtCYjfz92XtCyez
H3ufUkSZYlxSQxBK/Iv0RAe+24HSexEllieYDjQFS/Gd9ygoUi8H4JVbGN9dZEha7hBiIHmcoBxp8f9Sk0zAk3k=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It verifies out.
buckrogers
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:56:31 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

Sums it up quite nicely.

ALso remember that with my loan request he has produced a legitimate signed message from an address used a few months ago, which means that the account was probably not compromised at all.

See here:

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Liad.Services, Bitcointalk, 3/4/2017, loan request
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
15KEdCMqiWRYhd3FxvXvtCYjfz92XtCyez
H3ufUkSZYlxSQxBK/Iv0RAe+24HSexEllieYDjQFS/Gd9ygoUi8H4JVbGN9dZEha7hBiIHmcoBxp8f9Sk0zAk3k=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It verifies out.

Actually the opposite, if his credentials were compromised he could sign you the decleration of independance Smiley

Here4Trades

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:51:19 PM

Sigh most probably thing here is that while he was dealing with people @Gold/Silver was also tryng to sell the accoun if this really happen someone else should make the account at negative trust hence I see some " Huh? " wich I don't really understand what It means and have been around for a month already.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

Thats not true at least in my case with Liad. He sent it via the Israel Post? (or something like that) and the tracking on USPS.com says it is not available  for Israel and using the tracking number on the israel post website it only updated once to show that the package left the country.

The package I received wasnt opened by customs, so I dont understand how it could have gotten held up but it took a month which discouraged me from buying anything else from him.

I think it is insightful just because if you dont receive your package in two weeks does not mean that it was not sent.

I dont think a signed message of an address only a few months old does any good, maybe one from a year or so ago.

Maybe there is someone that as talked with liad on the phone, or can verify his identity with past conversations that are not saved anywhere
isoneguy

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

because they've both marked his account with "made multiple trades"

being as they are fairly trusted and have successfully dealt with the individual...they might have some insight we could go off of.
cwil

Activity: 285
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:22:55 PM

I purchased a little over 1 BTC worth of PMs from this thread.
We struck a deal on 13 Feb.
On 18 Feb I inquired about tracking and he responded that the post had requested a large shipping fee and he intended to split up the shipment.  I checked in to this on the Israeli Post website and came up with shipping of ~110 NIS or ~30 USD.
On 19 Feb I received tracking information.  This is the last contact I've had from Liad.Services, though I've not attempted to contact him since.
There are 5 entries for this tracking number at aftership.  These are 19, 21, and 22 Feb 2017 and describe the shipment as being sent to the US.  Interestingly, there are also two entries timemarked 19 and 22 Feb 2020, describing the shipment as sent from Rishon Letzion and sent to the US.

About the deal I made with him, I offered to buy him out on all of his generic silver.  I made an offer and he accepted.  Later in this thread, he claims to have more generic silver for sale.  Perhaps he found more silver, I'm not sure.  He did clarify that some silver would be in bars rather than rounds, which I doubt he'd care to mention if he was scamming.

The shipping situation is a little weird.  I can't know for sure if the Israeli Post website's shipping calculator is accurate or not, but if it is, $30 doesn't seem like a big deal for a ~$1200 sale.

I have received shipments from Israel previously and they tend to take a while.  Right now my shipment is at just a little over two weeks, so it's not concerning by itself quite yet.

That said, everything combined is a bit concerning, my concern being that we've perhaps all been given the same tracking number.  I'd like to propose that we compare tracking numbers in a sort of trustless manner.  My tracking number plus a salt can hash to cbdf36cc56e4030a69e5d94cb133a022ec031a67abdc838fcd50dbc346b0fe7c.  It is in the format RRXXXXXXXXXIL.  My tracking number is RR13XXXXXX8IL.  If your tracking number looks similar to this, reply or pm with at least 4 of the 6 missing digits and I will respond with the salt so that the hash may be verified. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: