Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 01:39:50 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need quiet in my house! Sound control techniques for S9 miners?  (Read 5453 times)
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:03:10 PM

In a datacenter, which is what the intended use of these is. The only quiet home option is the super unreliable Antminer R4. As a side note I have found that the ebit miners are the quietest of all the 16/14nm miners I have worked with. Their firmware also offers the most control of the miner versus the Avalon and bitmain units.

Cool.  I've been looking at the datacenter option, but I only have two miners. My local co-location center wants $800 per month for a 1/2 rack, plus 9c kw/h.  I would need to have more miners.  I've looked at the firm out of Seattle, but am not sure about sending my expensive computers to a datacenter in another state.

If you are considering this option, you should contact sidehack.  I had 4 Asicminer tubes sent to him unassembled and he did the rest.  I was given an option to rent or buy power supplies and I paid a small monthly connection fee plus $80 per month per kw.  He even sold them for me once I was finished with them.  Check out his sig for up-to-date information.

Sweet!  I may give that a shot because I am thinking about cashing in my 401k and moving to the tropics - where mining isn't an option because of inconsistant electricity, at best. 
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ritadavis

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 07:56:49 AM

I had the same problem. But now everything is OK)

Let me write your essay for you!
NiHaoMike

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:36:51 PM

In a datacenter, which is what the intended use of these is. The only quiet home option is the super unreliable Antminer R4. As a side note I have found that the ebit miners are the quietest of all the 16/14nm miners I have worked with. Their firmware also offers the most control of the miner versus the Avalon and bitmain units.

Cool.  I've been looking at the datacenter option, but I only have two miners. My local co-location center wants $800 per month for a 1/2 rack, plus 9c kw/h.  I would need to have more miners.  I've looked at the firm out of Seattle, but am not sure about sending my expensive computers to a datacenter in another state.
Seems like quite a ripoff when I recall that in College Station around 2010 or so, the "all bills paid" apartments started at around $700/month. (Apartments without utilities included started at $500/month at that time, although then there's a ripoff $40/month or so service charge.) I'm pretty sure there are places way cheaper than that.

What datacenters give you is bandwidth, which you don't need very much of for Bitcoin.

As for back to the original problem, do you have the room to build a shed in the backyard?

Those who have/had free electricity have wanted a way to turn that into money. With cryptocurrency, that has become a reality, but there's still no free lunch.
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:02:24 AM

I'm sending them out to Sidehack who does some small-scale hosting with a good price.  I'll let ya'll know how that goes ...
Philopolymath

Activity: 224

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:16:53 AM

Ask any musician with a home studio ....Lots of empty egg cartons..backed by heavy fibre curtains blankets... acoustic attenuation/dampening is just SOOOO easy to do cheap..
Every major city has office reno contractors that will be happy to give you old stuff they were throwing out anyway. scrap insulation helps too..

8x S9's and  A Polarity Controlled  Electric Gyroscope
Liquid71

Activity: 845

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:47:39 AM

I sold my R4 and wish I didn't because it was the perfect heater/miner. I hope Bitmain or someone will make quit miners for home, great way to heat the house while turning a profit rather than paying for heat. I gave up trying to keep S9 in my garage, it gets too hot in summer so I have them hosted with Giga Watt. When winter comes though it would be great to have a quit miner for in home mining.
Some good solutions in this thread but I'm not sure they are good enough, I'd prefer just buying an R4 again.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.