Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:29:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radeon 7990 vs 7990 Malta  (Read 5589 times)
camaro69327

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:37:49 PM

Why would you make less on BTCGuild as opposed to Slush's pool? You may have had an exceptionally lucky day on Slush'd pool to get 0.1+ BTC with a 1gh/s rate, but averaged out over a few days you will get what everyone else gets (~0.056 BTC per day at ~1gh/s at current difficulty).

that is incorrect.   i get .1 to .13btc about every single day from slush's mining pool.   the pps fee on slush  is 2% and btcguild is 3% or more I believe.
secondly member hash rate has a huge variance between both pools.

The only bad thing is slush's mining pool was hacked 1-2 days ago by a inside person.

So to sum it up your .056 btc calculator estimate is way off.

Still don't buy it. You've got something wrong. I didn't make up the calculator number. Go to the following link and plug in 1gh/s (i.e. 1000 mh/s):

http://dustcoin.com/mining

You will get 0.056 BTC per day. Pool hash rate has no effect on BTC earnings over time (it averages out). So you are either mining at ~2 gh/s or you are not understanding the numbers.

I just think you are naive and you confuse theoretical numbers from mining calculators with real outputs.   Mining calculators can be significantly off.  Try both pools then talk.
....ssshhhh..I know you are correct I have also mined both .....the Calculators are never correct...but reality is correct .
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: