Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:11:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Z170 Z170A BIOS setting 7 GPU mining success  (Read 38119 times)
KryptoNinja007

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:48:17 AM

I have a z170 pro and had tried all the suggestions from this thread
but no matter what i did i could only get it to detect 5 gtx 1060's

What i ended up doing to get the 6th card to show up was put the
display setting back to auto, then plug up one of the cards to my
monitor

That disabled the intel onboard graphics gpu in the chip and allowed
the 6th card to show up

What I'm now confused about is the motherboard has 7 slots but it
appears you can only detect 6 cards max if you disable the onboard
graphics

If anyone else has this board and have 7 nvidia cards running please
share what you did to get all 7 slots to work

Anyway I wanted to post this in case someone else was having this
same issue and couldn't get the 6th card to work Smiley

Cheers!
Hi.  I am pretty new on here.  Just built my first rig using the asus z170 pro mobo.  I was having all of the same problems as everyone else here, so I was reading your guys posts to get some ideas on how to fix the issue.  I was having trouble getting my rig to notice all 6 cards.  Let me tell you what worked for me.  All my bios settings were correct, but there is a little trick to getting the mobo to read your cards.  The pcie slots are numbered (3 large slots and 4 small slots)  They go in order from top to bottom 1-3 and 1-4.  So you have to plug your usb risers in the correct order.  The 4th small pcie slot at the bottom should be left empty, so the second to last slot will not have anything plugged into it.  After this my pc recognized all cards after loading them up.  I restarted my pc after all cards were recognized and now am hashing away.  If anyone needs more details please let me know.  I will be happy to share my settings.  Happy Hashings!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
parentibule

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:43:24 AM

Hi all,

Up this thread because when I want to use IGP for display, not a GPU. But if I choose IGP, even if all my GPUs are detected in Windows, none of them is detected in mining software (ccminer, nicehash).

Is there something to do?

Thanks.
miningfirst

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:00:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a rig with the following..
- Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977)
- Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G3930 @2.90GHz
- 1000W PSU
- GPU: RADEON RX 560 4GB
- using simple mining (linix)

I have 7 GPUs and when i got the rig, it was working at 1/3 card capacity - 100 sol/sec per card. The error stated that I need more RAM for 4GB was not sufficient.  I upgraded the RAM to 16 GB DDR4 and the rig stopped working. I was mining ZENCASH. The then had taken the rig to a tech to trouble shoot it.  He thought it was the power supply, so I got a new one. I added the new power supply but it still does the same thing. Everything seems to be on but the Simple Mining is not coming up on the screen and the rig is not mining. The mining pool states that the rig is off. I switched back to the 4GB RAM and I tried to adjust the bios but that did nothing and the rig is still not working. (BIOS adjustment: . Enable above 4g decoding).

Could someone please help? 
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:41:34 AM

Hello everyone,

- 1000W PSU

I have 7 GPUs and when i got the rig, it was working at 1/3 card capacity - 100 sol/sec per card. The error stated that I need more RAM for 4GB was not sufficient.  I upgraded the RAM to 16 GB DDR4 and the rig stopped working. I was mining ZENCASH. The then had taken the rig to a tech to trouble shoot it.  He thought it was the power supply, so I got a new one. I added the new power supply but it still does the same thing. Everything seems to be on but the Simple Mining is not coming up on the screen and the rig is not mining. The mining pool states that the rig is off. I switched back to the 4GB RAM and I tried to adjust the bios but that did nothing and the rig is still not working. (BIOS adjustment: . Enable above 4g decoding).

You need to be methodical with your troubleshooting. Remove as many factors as possible. Take out all the 560s. Unless you are a linux guru I'd recommend plugging in another ssd and install windows from scratch. Make sure the machine runs ok with just the motherboard, ram, ssd and no video cards. Then add the cards one by one and check each one can be recognised and mines. Even if you intend to use SMOS in the end this will let you check all the components are functional.
miningfirst

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:59:24 PM

Hello everyone,

- 1000W PSU

I have 7 GPUs and when i got the rig, it was working at 1/3 card capacity - 100 sol/sec per card. The error stated that I need more RAM for 4GB was not sufficient.  I upgraded the RAM to 16 GB DDR4 and the rig stopped working. I was mining ZENCASH. The then had taken the rig to a tech to trouble shoot it.  He thought it was the power supply, so I got a new one. I added the new power supply but it still does the same thing. Everything seems to be on but the Simple Mining is not coming up on the screen and the rig is not mining. The mining pool states that the rig is off. I switched back to the 4GB RAM and I tried to adjust the bios but that did nothing and the rig is still not working. (BIOS adjustment: . Enable above 4g decoding).

You need to be methodical with your troubleshooting. Remove as many factors as possible. Take out all the 560s. Unless you are a linux guru I'd recommend plugging in another ssd and install windows from scratch. Make sure the machine runs ok with just the motherboard, ram, ssd and no video cards. Then add the cards one by one and check each one can be recognised and mines. Even if you intend to use SMOS in the end this will let you check all the components are functional.

Ok, thank you for the help.
I rechecked everything and found that the BIOS switched the IGD to the the PEG. I switch it and now it is running with the new RAM (I.E. 16 GB). It does not give an error anymore that it is running at 1/3 capacity but it . I still seems to be running at about 100sol/sec per card. I am using SMOS. Is there any resolution to this?  I should be getting about 1800sol/sec and not 700sol/sec.
firebird631

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:41:04 PM

Recently got two of those chipset, and now I know its a bad idea. I've another H110 working perfectly with the 6 gpus.
I'm able on an ASROCK Z170 Extreme 4 to set 5 GPUs but I'm using a PCI-E card splitter 1x to 4 PCI-E. I explain :

- 2 GPUs on the first and last 1x slots
- 1 GPU on the last 16x slot
- the extending card on the 2th 1x slot and plug the 2 remaining GPUs onto

It works no latency, no instabilities. If I try to plug the 6th GPU I've got a 5D error and then forced to clear CMOS, cannot reboot.
And if I plug a GPU on the first or second 16x then slow down of the GPUs on the 16x, instabilities and finally lost one or two GPUs, reboot...

And on a MSI Z170-A Pro, the maximum I've success is 3. But maybe I could do more investigations on that model. Just bored of wasting my time on these Z170 MBs.

About the BIOS I've tested anything possible, GEN 1,2,3,Auto, 4G (only on the MSI), TOLUD 2.5 (only on the ASROCK), disabling any non used features, tried anything we can found over the Web.

The BIOS are updated to the latest version.

If you have a suggestion ? For the next I will use H87 or H110 only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: