Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Cracking/Brute Force Tools - Anything New?  (Read 391 times)
badenglishtea (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:09:39 PM

So I did something stupid. I setup a PIVX wallet, stupidly encrypted it with either a new password or a spelling error on an existing password (because I was in a rush).

Luckily I only sent a single masternode to wallet (10,000), and it is only worth about $400ish right now, but if price rises, I may lose some serious money here. Yes, I am an idiot. I honestly cannot believe I forgot whatever password I used (or combo of password).

I have been doing some research and was wondering if anyone had any luck with any wallet cracking tools?

I have about 10 to 15 passwords that I regularly use, plus combinations or variations of those passwords, plus probably 25 variations of those passwords. I am 90% that with input-parameters, I could get this open with iteration testing. I don't want to have to type in over 1,000 variations of passwords, plus spelling error and I am in trouble.

Is there any tool that you can load in parameters and it can run every variation including capital letters and various spelling error combos based on keyboard proximity?

Obviously I cannot share password combinations with anyone so wallet cracking bonus bounty is off table? Anyone had any luck with password cracking tools in past? Not looking for a traditional brute force (but have a few very fast computers if needed)?

Also, if anyone can get me a solution that actually works I will send them 30% of wallet contents.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: