Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: difficulty in buying bitcoins online  (Read 1130 times)
alecpap

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:50:31 AM

There are also some people in #bitcoin-otc who will sell small amounts of BTC to people for PayPal. Great way to get started, and build up your trading rep.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

The "legal" issue with CC's, is that they require "proof", of some kind, that the money received can be connected to a sender who "paid taxes", and a sender who, "has not acquired funds from another CC account", and, "can legally be held responsible for the extraction of funds".

Because they use "Federal currency", and operate within, "federal regulated grounds", they must obey all "Federal laws". (Which includes laws related to handling federal denominated currency and insurance protections offered by "FDIC".)

However... A non-insured FDIC banker, such as paypal, or e-gold, or us... can do "almost", whatever the hell we want. (As long as we are honestly recording income and paying taces on the transactions. The income can come from anyone, just as a dollar can.)

Seriously, put up a sign or open a shop that says... "Recycle your bitcoins, and refund your bitcoins."

When you "Refund USD for acquired bitcoins", that is the same as cashing-out.
When you "Allow them to recycle bitcoins, accepting USD donations for finding them to recycle", that is the similar to selling them. (But not an actual sale.)

Getting others involved locally, expands the network, the trust, and encourages more uses to be found. Using existing "questionable" services, only ensures that this system stays confusing, exclusive to those in the know, limited to those with the availability, and focuses all the losses into your future transactions.

Nothing spreads interest more than talking about it, out loud, to friends. Eventually, this whole system will become more "user friendly". Funny, that all futile attempts to hack it, have led to greater expenses to the hackers, and better returns for those using it honestly. The people won, script-kiddies lost.
iram9093

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:39:39 AM

I'm selling my bitcoins. But we need escrow.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:30:12 PM

I'm selling my bitcoins. But we need escrow.

Are you looking for an escrow provider?

Here is a list of forum members who provide escrow.  You can send them a PM to request their assistance.

Escrow list
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: