Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else hopes the ETF does NOT pass?  (Read 500 times)
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:08:54 PM

Me, like everyone here (except damn whales) are dreaming about becoming part of the 1 million club (that is, 21BTC holders). In order to achieve that, I NEED BTC to stay as low as possible, if BTC keeps rising, I can kiss goodbye at ever achieving 21 BTC. It is prohibitive enough today, if the ETF passes and BTC price skyrockets, it will be impossible.

Buying 1 BTC a month is impossible unless you are making a lot of money, for the average joe is not possible anymore, so im stuck with small amounts of BTC monthly. Im hustling all day, I feel exhausted, but I either reach the 21 BTC goal or die in the process.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

Me, like everyone here (except damn whales) are dreaming about becoming part of the 1 million club (that is, 21BTC holders). In order to achieve that, I NEED BTC to stay as low as possible, if BTC keeps rising, I can kiss goodbye at ever achieving 21 BTC. It is prohibitive enough today, if the ETF passes and BTC price skyrockets, it will be impossible.

Buying 1 BTC a month is impossible unless you are making a lot of money, for the average joe is not possible anymore, so im stuck with small amounts of BTC monthly. Im hustling all day, I feel exhausted, but I either reach the 21 BTC goal or die in the process.

I am not sure that if it passes that it will be a good thing.
SLV and GLD are not good for physical Silver and Gold, I don't see any great reason why Coin will be great for Bitcoin.

If people want to invest in Bitcoin now, they can. It really isn't that difficult!  My fear is that the ETC will start the age of fractional reserve Bitcoin, which is the beginning of the end in my eyes.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6085

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:40:32 PM

I used to have the exact same idea as you in the past, but I decided to change my goals. I mean even with the current rates , 21 BTC is something achievable but really hard to get and waiting more years doesn't really worth it, If bitcoin doesn't progress and get more demand, this will only mean that its a failure so I would prefer seeing it rising and getting more users rather then being on the 1 million club for the moment.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

I wouldn't want it to go really down. Even BTC1 is hard enough to save up for me. It's worth much more than a whole month's salary! ($1 = PhP 50.) I'd probably be able to buy more if it's within the $800-$900 range. Maybe I can buy $1 worth every now and then (anything above that have a fee) Anything more than $1500 and I'd probably give up trying to buy coins and just resort to scraping whatever meager bits I can find online.
DevelopFI

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:57:32 PM

Yeah, for my personal gain it would be the best if it got delayed for a couple of years. But it getting approved is what is the best for Bitcoin and that's enough for me. Hopefully it only gets to 1400-1500 and not anything crazy like a lot are speculating.
BillyBobZorton (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:03:36 PM

I used to have the exact same idea as you in the past, but I decided to change my goals. I mean even with the current rates , 21 BTC is something achievable but really hard to get and waiting more years doesn't really worth it, If bitcoin doesn't progress and get more demand, this will only mean that its a failure so I would prefer seeing it rising and getting more users rather then being on the 1 million club for the moment.

Dude bitcoin is progressing, look at the graph, step back and you will see the clear progress.

Even if the ETF fails, it will mean the ETF will be closer to getting accepted. Once the ETF passes, we will see $10,000+ eventually, so you better hope you have at least 21 BTC for long term storage. Accumulation phase is key in investments, ETF will drive the price too high to accumulate entire BTCs in reasonable amounts of time.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:30:25 PM

I never thought about it from that perspective to be honest. Thanks BillyBobZorton for giving me perspective.
Here is how I see it. Approval of the COIN ETF won't be magical price trigger which will cause price to reach 10k or more.
ETF is overhyped AF, even if Winklevoss raised $200 or $300 million by now, do you think it would change bitcoin price that much?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 04:36:18 PM

This seems like an extremely selfish reason to not want the ETF to get approved. I simply do not agree with you regardless of my BTC position/desires. The ETF approval would be a very good thing, and I'm looking forward to it.

Approval of the COIN ETF won't be magical price trigger which will cause price to reach 10k or more.
Nobody is talking about 10k.

ETF is overhyped AF, even if Winklevoss raised $200 or $300 million by now, do you think it would change bitcoin price that much?
Stating that it is "overhyped" just shows your own lack of knowledge.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:36:47 PM

You are basically saying:  "I hope the price stays low for a certain period of time while I accumulate more, then skyrockets".

Instead, you should be happy if it skyrockets now, because the amount you have now will appreciate massively and even
more so in the future.  A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

In any case, there isn't much you can do about it regradless.  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: