News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are You losing Interest ?
Yes - 25 (32.9%)
No - 41 (53.9%)
Maybe - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 76

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Are You losing Interest ?  (Read 7084 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

IMO, we shouldn't lose interest because we are facing cataclysmic change and we need to develop the REAL decentralization technologies that can help roll with this coming 309.6 transformation of civilization.

Again for those who don't know what time it is and prefer it graphically conveyed, we are in the tail-end of the 309.6 cycle of the cyclical Fall of Society.

On the chart below, 485 AD was the fall of the Western Roman Empire (when only the Byzantine portion remained) and 1105 AD was the fall of the Eastern (Byzantine) Roman Empire:

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:24:00 PM

You misunderstood the point I was making, which is that in order to not incriminate yourself (i.e. compliant with laws that require you to report) and not have a risk of being caught, then you'd want a way to declare/report, but still maintain your anonymity (privacy).

I think what you are saying is that tax liability could be determined through a ledger, you would pay taxes anonymously to the government, and when you are filing your taxes, you would place a checkbox in the box saying "I paid the full amount of my taxes this year." Thus you are anonymous but have paid taxes. Then if the government wants to verify, you could demonstrate proof (but in that case losing anonymity).
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:29:59 PM

You misunderstood the point I was making, which is that in order to not incriminate yourself (i.e. compliant with laws that require you to report) and not have a risk of being caught, then you'd want a way to declare/report, but still maintain your anonymity (privacy).

I think what you are saying is that tax liability could be determined through a ledger, you would pay taxes anonymously to the government, and when you are filing your taxes, you would place a checkbox in the box saying "I paid the full amount of my taxes this year." Thus you are anonymous but have paid taxes. Then if the government wants to verify, you could demonstrate proof (but in that case losing anonymity).

That is not what I proposed.

I proposed we can use Homomorphic sums to prove which transactions add up to which inputs and outputs that we declare without giving up any of our anonymity. Then we give the government this ZKP (zero knowledge proof) and payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: