Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Dash has the whole scene scared !  (Read 4255 times)
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

Congrats ppl who make nice moola!!!

But DASH will dump on this pump as that all is fake vol bots pushing it up, those who held forever laugh and newbs will cry lol.  The "news" is not even substantial!!!  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:10:40 PM

Well Dash broke $40  Shocked

I wonder if we should start a POLL here asking if Roger Ver convinced you to buy Dash ?
I am shocked it's gone up over the last while.
It was not over night either.. it's been building up for some time !

I'd be sniffing at market manipulation / pumping etc before i would look to blame / credit Ver.
I don't think most of us read all these random crypto sites mentioned.
Every time i come here someone is posting some link to a Crypto news story on a site i never heard of.
Then, blaming that news site link for making grandiose changes in the scene.  Roll Eyes

More than likely it's a combo of factors i think.

I hate to rail on like it's about price speculation.
What i find interesting is the MarketCap positions.
Ethereum needs to die with fire so i hope Dash or any other coin (Not Ripple) takes it down !
Ok or Steem or.. LOL
Most of the ranked coins in the top 10 or 20 are dogshit and should be gone ASAP.
It won't Doge taking the #2 spot again.. we know that much (108,357,302,375 DOGE)  Cheesy

I agree like to see dash beat out ETH shit or XMR.

But no worries, WBB rebranded coin will make its way up the chart soon enough as well!  Tongue
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:12:59 PM

Zcash and Dash are both going strong. Dash has what it takes to be what Bitcoin can't be. I've been bullish on Dash and Zcash, nice to be vidnicated. Hope it continues. I'd rather Dash growth slow down a bit until I get a master node though lol.

ZCash is a special interest pump and dump

KMD, ZCL, and XZC are all better alternatives
johnny_day

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:13:30 PM

Dash is getting it's 15 minutes of fame. Not that I'd be surprised if that 15 minutes turned out to be much longer. Let's wait and see how it's doing a year from now, it hasn't quite made it yet. It could very well be a pretender.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:16:33 PM

It could very well be a pretender.

Aren't they all at this point? (all the crypto-coins)

We're just at beginning folks.

We are at the Pong and PacMan stage.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:22:05 PM

Not all, NEM so far has surpassed expectations and seems everyone so far agrees looks like the most legit project in the alt scene.

DASH, well good for those who got in early. We've all seen these patterns before, heavy manipulation because for sure DASH does not have any uses that I have witnessed.
johnny_day

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:25:07 PM

Not all, NEM so far has surpassed expectations and seems everyone so far agrees looks like the most legit project in the alt scene.

DASH, well good for those who got in early. We've all seen these patterns before, heavy manipulation because for sure DASH does not have any uses that I have witnessed.

I think you missed his point. You have to fake it 'til you make it, and no one's made it yet. Which means...
AusKipper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:28:45 PM

Dash as just been to some conference in Mexico (Anarchapulco) which I am sure isnt hurting the price.

iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:32:24 PM

Dash as just been to some conference in Mexico (Anarchapulco) which I am sure isnt hurting the price.

Oh that must be that Anarchist Network host Jeff Berwick who earned $10,000 per blog post on Steem.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:35:43 PM

I think you missed his point. You have to fake it 'til you make it, and no one's made it yet. Which means...

Look over the NEM advancements and how they are working with several tech bureaus and even a municipal community in Belgium is trying to experiment with the blockchain Mijin/NEM.

Let's not be salty now because we see a lot of people gaining from these unprecedented rises in the alt world.

By your logic, Bitcoin has not made it yet which means... see what I did there.
johnny_day

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:37:12 PM

Look over the NEM advancements and how they are working with several tech bureaus and even a municipal community in Belgium is trying to experiment with the blockchain Mijin/NEM.

Let's not be salty now because we see a lot of people gaining from these unprecedented rises in the alt world.

I see what you did there, you agreed with me lol. Bitcoin is pretending too. You know what isn't pretending? USD  Wink
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

I will be composing a technical analysis on NEM's PoI shortly and you are not going to be happy.

Those "accomplishments" for NEM are just more fluff and no actual adoption.

Bitcoin adoption is still tiny.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:57:58 PM

Here are some quotes of a guy that once had some dignity ... i kinda miss that guy.

Stop with the arbitrary ethics. No one can define scam unambiguously. This is not church. Are you a Libertarian who believes people can be responsible for their own decisions or do you
advocate a NannyState here in altcoin land? It will cut down on a lot of needless and useless verbal diarrhoea if we stick to discussions about technology, marketing, speculation and stop
trying to win by attacking each other with mud slinging.

Everyone should be free to state their opinion, but incessantly battering our opinion on others is oppressive and leads to a lot of useless arguing.
Also when someone doesn't walk their own talk, they should probably not be surprised if they suffer a credibility crisis.

Getting "ripped off" is ambiguous as it is all part of the game. Was I ripped off when I chose to sell localbitcoins via paypal and lost $600? I think so. But I was stupid enough to not think that someone could be using a stolen Paypal account. It was a good lesson for me to learn. I charged it to experience.
We don't need a NannyState. We are all adults and can decide for ourselves what risks we want to take.
I have no problem with you pointing out that Dash had an instamine and giving your reasons why you think that will make the technology (masternode co-option), marketing, adoption, and business model less successful.
But it doesn't help if you/we think that by stopping what we perceive to be n00bs from buying Dash, by constantly yelling "scam", because we are not omniscient. And that is not production. That is just a logjam of destroying degrees-of-freedom. And we are not omniscient as evidenced by our wrong perception of the income potential in altcoins and of Bitshares' potential. Thus it is harmful to ourselves and others when we act as if we are.
You and I both should be introducing more inspiring ideas and projects than attacking other projects. It is very annoying.

And in fact, I might become quite a thorn to those who continue to berate others about Right and Wrong, as if God appointed you to do that.
In short, those enforcers on this forum make me want to puke. Any one doing censorship (other than self-moderated threads for their own official coin thread), bullying by politik, or any other holier than thou crap will be on my personal shit (do not like) list (which basically means nothing so no big deal).
In other words, I am urging us all to stop the nonsense political control game. Let it run wild and free. Don't be afraid to not be in control. Don't be afraid. Just let nature be.

Good advice iamnotback, don't be afraid to not be in control....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:59:16 PM

I will be composing a technical analysis on NEM's PoI shortly and you are not going to be happy.

Here it is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526248.msg18029512#msg18029512
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:07:55 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 10:22:33 PM by iamnotback

Here are some quotes of a guy that once had some dignity ... i kinda miss that guy.

Stop with the arbitrary ethics. No one can define scam unambiguously. This is not church. Are you a Libertarian who believes people can be responsible for their own decisions or do you
advocate a NannyState here in altcoin land? It will cut down on a lot of needless and useless verbal diarrhoea if we stick to discussions about technology, marketing, speculation and stop

Everyone should be free to state their opinion, but incessantly battering our opinion on others is oppressive and leads to a lot of useless arguing.
Also when someone doesn't walk their own talk, they should probably not be surprised if they suffer a credibility crisis.

Getting "ripped off" is ambiguous as it is all part of the game. Was I ripped off when I chose to sell localbitcoins via paypal and lost $600? I think so. But I was stupid enough to not think that someone could be using a stolen Paypal account. It was a good lesson for me to learn. I charged it to experience.
We don't need a NannyState. We are all adults and can decide for ourselves what risks we want to take.
I have no problem with you pointing out that Dash had an instamine and giving your reasons why you think that will make the technology (masternode co-option), marketing, adoption, and business model less successful.
But it doesn't help if you/we think that by stopping what we perceive to be n00bs from buying Dash, by constantly yelling "scam", because we are not omniscient. And that is not production. That is just a logjam of destroying degrees-of-freedom. And we are not omniscient as evidenced by our wrong perception of the income potential in altcoins and of Bitshares' potential. Thus it is harmful to ourselves and others when we act as if we are.
You and I both should be introducing more inspiring ideas and projects than attacking other projects. It is very annoying.

And in fact, I might become quite a thorn to those who continue to berate others about Right and Wrong, as if God appointed you to do that.
In short, those enforcers on this forum make me want to puke. Any one doing censorship (other than self-moderated threads for their own official coin thread), bullying by politik, or any other holier than thou crap will be on my personal shit (do not like) list (which basically means nothing so no big deal).
In other words, I am urging us all to stop the nonsense political control game. Let it run wild and free. Don't be afraid to not be in control. Don't be afraid. Just let nature be.

I have stated over the past days that everyone will reap what they sow.

I am merely asking speculators whether they have any desire to invest in projects which are obviously more honest and decentralized? Will anyone even care or be able to discern the difference.

I can't possibly tell everyone what to do here. You know damn well that if I stop posting here for 24 hours, then everything I wrote will be buried and everyone will go right back to their former habits and patterns.

My posting here right now is to serve two purposes:

1. To make sure I understand correctly our ecosystem and markets. I want to make sure there is a market for producing an honest project. I want to make sure all the effort I need to put forth will be worth trying. If I have to create a manipulated money supply and exchange markets in order to succeed, then I don't want to do it. I was actually really depressed last year when I was thinking maybe it is necessary to manipulate else some others will come in and take control (i.e. buy it up cheap after it has wallowed at a low price for a long time). But I now think the key is maintaining adoption growth, to keep the demand up.

2. To establish to the community that I want to be involved in an honest project focused on real adoption, real technical accomplishments, and no shenanigans. And I don't want to work for free. So Monero lost my desire to contribute to their project because they aren't serious about adoption, they don't reward someone like me enough (I don't have enough capital to buy XMR as a motivation to develop on it), and I don't like the attitude of some in the Monero community. Other than that Monero seems like a mostly honest project, good decentralization (except PoW always centralizes over time) with some real technical advance (but I think their advances are not well prioritized and I think I can do better). From Monero's stance, I am a Prima donna. From my stance, Monero's BDFL is not a good enough leader to lead me.

@qwizzie if you are willing to call a truce (admitting that Dash doesn't meet my goals for a project I want to be affiliated with), then I am ready to leave the forum to go become a programmer again. Deal?

(In short, I am trying to find my tribe within our ecosystem)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:26:44 PM

ha so you don't like people who berate others for wrong? in other words don't mention our captive instamine scam. I see.

I mean the entire post you just made is like saying please stop mentioning our scam.

Dash - there is no right or wrong.  Tell everyone its a fair launch then do everything in your power to make it unfair. Once you pull that off dream up new ways of leveraging your unfair advantage to the max. After that solidify that advantage.

I see.

Yep everyone else please stop pointing out the facts that dash is a proven scam because qwizzie will say you have no dignity.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:36:51 PM

I have stated over the past days that everyone will reap what they sow.

I am merely asking speculators whether they have any desire to invest in projects which are obviously more honest and decentralized? Will anyone even care or be able to discern the difference.

I can't possibly tell everyone what to do here. You know damn well that if I stop posting here for 24 hours, then everything I wrote will be buried and everyone will go right back to their former habits and patterns.

My posting here right now is to serve two purposes:

1. To make sure I understand correctly our ecosystem and markets. I want to make sure there is a market for producing an honest project. I want to make sure all the effort I need to put forth will be worth trying. If I have to create a manipulated money supply and exchange markets in order to succeed, then I don't want to do it. I was actually really depressed last year when I was thinking maybe it is necessary to manipulate else some others will come in and take control (i.e. buy it up cheap after it has wallowed at a low price for a long time). But I now think the key is maintaining adoption growth, to keep the demand up.

2. To establish to the community that I want to be involved in an honest project focused on real adoption, real technical accomplishments, and no shenanigans. And I don't want to work for free. So Monero lost my desire to contribute to their project because they aren't serious about adoption, they don't reward someone like me enough (I don't have enough capital to buy XMR as a motivation to develop on it), and I don't like the attitude of some in the Monero community. Other than that Monero seems like a mostly honest project, good decentralization (except PoW always centralizes over time) with some real technical advance (but I think their advances are not well prioritized and I think I can do better). From Monero's stance, I am a Prima donna. From my stance, Monero's BDFL is not a good enough leader to lead me.

@qwizzie if you are willing to call a truce (admitting that Dash doesn't meet my goals for a project I want to be affiliated with), then I am ready to leave the forum to go become a programmer again. Deal?

I understand what you are saying, i really do. Lets just call it a truce for today and see what tomorrow brings.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:47:51 PM

That is a fair and perfectly reasonable position.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:46:07 PM

Those "accomplishments" for NEM are just more fluff and no actual adoption.

Bitcoin adoption is still tiny.

Here's your quote from the thread you created:

I had also written else where:

The reputation/rank aspect is just proof-of-stake in transactions. It has the same properties of proof-of-stake wherein your stake determines how much rank you realistically have (and not just lose it all to transaction fees).

Also since it requires the transaction graph, then it is incompatible with privacy and anonymity.

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about NEM. It is just a rehash of PoS. Where is the innovation?

So in conclusion it seems like you have no idea why NEM is so popular and have tried to criticize it with unfounded assumptions.

Nothing wrong with criticism, I'm glad someone that is in the know with NEM replied to you and proved your assumption false. It's good that this happens just so these projects don't go unquestioned.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:58:27 PM

I'm glad someone that is in the know with NEM replied to you and proved your assumption false.

No one refuted me.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: