Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?  (Read 2102 times)
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:24:06 PM

Don't know almost anything about Aeon, but comparing it with dem both is not serious imho.   
Aeon is a very similar cryptonote coin and the lead developer is one of the original Monero core developers.

Its just another coin for speculation. I should just copy the Monero repository and call a new coin out like "PMC" (PrintMoneyCoin)  Roll Eyes

All the alts...so unnecessary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 03:18:24 AM

Don't know almost anything about Aeon, but comparing it with dem both is not serious imho.  
Aeon is a very similar cryptonote coin and the lead developer is one of the original Monero core developers.

Its just another coin for speculation. I should just copy the Monero repository and call a new coin out like "PMC" (PrintMoneyCoin)  Roll Eyes

All the alts...so unnecessary
yes, it's speculative, but if you copied Monero you might not get the same traction as a Monero core devloper would. This coin has a developer on the leading edge of cryptonote development ATM.
Monero is $6.70 and Aeon is  $0.04
Dassi

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:53:18 AM

Monero was about $0.50 last year and this year it climbed higher than $7 once. You never know what might happen to Aeon.
N-rG

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:55:04 PM

Monero was about $0.50 last year and this year it climbed higher than $7 once. You never know what might happen to Aeon.

And tbh i don't care for just copied coins. Its really just speculation and I don't invest money in things I cannot predict any future for.

Monero has a big community and already acceptance. We can buy things with. It is known and growing fast.

There is BTC and there is Monero. As long as there is no other great technologie coin, only these two coins are valid in my eyes to exist in non 100% speculative matters.
OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:22:05 AM

There is BTC and there is Monero. As long as there is no other great technologie coin, only these two coins are valid in my eyes to exist in non 100% speculative matters.

curious as I agree on that statement: What do you think of Ethereum?

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
N-rG

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:08:02 AM

curious as I agree on that statement: What do you think of Ethereum?

ETH as a technologie concept is valid. But not as a coin to be traded (ok i admit I traded -> still a very nice profitable short open Smiley ). I already explained in a thread some month ago why ETH will crash and is overpriced. Simply 1000 coins are enough to connect tillions of contracts. There is just no need for more coins in that ecosystem.
TechorMarketing (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:14:01 PM

DASH collapsing, AEON up!

Is the timing a coincidence?

Or is it because the much hyped 12.1 update was a massive failure making DASH worse than before? Are former masternode owners jumping ship and moving to AEON? Are they finally realizing the value of true privacy, dynamic block-sizes and security over wasting money on failed ATM plans and paying "major" exchanges for listings?

Did people notice that DASH (Evan) could not earn an invite to Satoshi roundtable this year after failing to impress in 2016? Meanwhile Monero had two developers in attendance.

Usually a "flawless" transition does not entail ugly, damaging quick fixes which the devs themselves characterize as "controversial" and only necessary "until we have a better solution."

Usually a "flawless" transition does not entail losing connectivity with standard modern internetworking protocols, resulting in ~$1.5 million dollars worth of nodes being rudely tossed out of the system with no say in the matter (and taking their diversity/diffusivity with them).

Masternodes should be allowed to annonce ipv4 addresses only from now

^That's what normal people would call a flaw in the transition.

I can't believe your response to the question of "Why didn't Masternodes hold a vote on banning IPv6?" is to throw out some red herring about Americans and illegals.  Talk about hand waving!  

WTF are you really that stupid?  Or are you just that committed to white knighting for Even The Instaminer, to the point where you will defend his unilateral actions and consistently false pretensions about governance theater no matter how blatantly centralized, retrograde, arbitrary, and authoritarian they become?

Do you have any idea what a huge security issue it is for every Masternode to be tied to a static IPv4 address?

Obviously you do not, otherwise you'd have chosen to describe 12.1 with a more appropriate term than "flawless."

"Flawless" sounds like some Evan Can Do No Wrong cheerleading from a Kool-Aid drinking bagholder, not an honest critical appraisal respectful of all the facts.

Of course given Dash's MO is "Marketing Over Technology" I'm not surprised you prefer to paint the situation in rosy terms rather than address the reasons why Bitcoin would never in a million years kick its IPv6 nodes out, much less have the chutzpah to describe such a Pyrrhic "quick win" as "flawless."

Is it asking too much for Evan to stop breaking feature which Bitcoin devs worked hard to implement?  If your name is Lukas_Jackson, the answer is "yes!"   Cheesy

The irony is stunning.  12.1 is being hyped as "Evolution" despite it breaking existing functionality and moving Dash back into the Bronze Age of networking.

IPv4 = tech from 1981

IPv6 = tech from 1999

What the diff?  Glad you asked!

While increasing the pool of addresses is one of the most often-talked about benefit of IPv6, there are other important technological changes in IPv6 that will improve the IP protocol:

- No more NAT (Network Address Translation)
- Auto-configuration
- No more private address collisions
- Better multicast routing
- Simpler header format
- Simplified, more efficient routing
- True quality of service (QoS), also called "flow labeling"
- Built-in authentication and privacy support
- Flexible options and extensions
- Easier administration (say good-bye to DHCP)

Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:12:31 AM

The XMR vs DASH battle over, with the good guys (team cryptography) taking the win.

Now for our next battle.... When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?

I heard probably Thursday next week.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:31:56 AM

The XMR vs DASH battle over, with the good guys (team cryptography) taking the win.

Now for our next battle.... When will the market cap of Aeon exceed Dashpay?

I heard probably Thursday next week.

this bump is so cruel........  Cheesy  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: