Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:27:35 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 04:23:49 PM by excelerator

Check this:

HELIUM BLOCKCHAIN ALLIANCE - Robert Longden IBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=3WszfphlmZA

Check this web too: http://cobieblockchain.com/

May they never tell you again that this is smoke and waste Wink

This is completely misleading - the logo for Helium Blockchain Alliance is not associated with Robert Longden's presentation (starting at 8:33) but rather the previous presenter's discussion (name unidentified).  Longden's presentation is clearly about the Hyperledger Fabric and the importance of that to the construction industry.

The Helium Alliance logo appears to be just a paid sponsor logo for the event which is an extremely common and acceptable business practice (along side of the Hyperledger logo).

I sincerely appreciate RzeroD taking the time to document that the Helium Alliance in fact presented nothing to the industry at this event other than a sponsor logo and actually promoted the importance of Hyperledger to the construction industry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghenghisd

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:40:09 PM

Does anyone have an update from Slack about this?
szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:34:32 PM

Does anyone have an update from Slack about this?

No update about anything in Slack, Coin101 is still absent. There are a few hundred messages about if it was a scam or not. Useless, but very entertaining.

thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:58:56 PM

Man, I'm really getting tired of emotionally coddling the children on this board. Stop responding to newbie trolls, some of you are either lying or incompetent. Slack was updated days ago.

Jason C
To offer some insight into a few burning questions that arise every so often:

1. @coins101 and myself are most definitely committed to this project and the motivations are not financially rooted. Said another way, both of us have been working day jobs in the Enterprise world at various levels (you can look up my background via Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/cassidyjason/ ).  We have accomplished much in our professional careers outside of cryptocurrency as well as a fair share within. For both of us the goal here is simple - Create something that will last well beyond our years in the project. We have put a sizeable amount of our own funds (yes, a lot of money) into the project and we have every intention of seeing that come back to us someday.

2. The Bittrex listing was something that both @coins101 and myself worked diligently on for many months. Not weeks, months. This was due to a changing of the political climate and Bittrex was preparing to address this. Their resources were very constrained due to having to jump through hoops for regulators and other improved security measures. They also knew helping us with the snapshot would be more work on their end. Sadly, we did not get word from them that they could not help us until very close to our snapshot date. At the time, the snapshot date had been pushed back to accommodate an exchange due to the overwhelming support from the community to have one for convenience.  We had a back-up option in Cryptopia and we pivoted as fast as possible without forcing yet another delay on the community.

3. This project has very long term goals with Enterprise aspirations. Any chain can close DASH and toss out a MN setup with a few fancy tech terms to gain a quick marketcap placing. This is not our interest, so much of the work we do that cannot be shared here is due to either legal reasons or it is in the best interest of our partnerships at the time. Some of the delays on the project to date have been due to this and that is a reflection of our long term focus to bring value to the chain. Nothing outside of real world usage is going to matter soon with a space of 5000 coins
Posted in #generalDec 30th at 3:42 PM

[11:31]
 Jason C
I make a sincere effort to answer questions of all kinds via PM so you can feel free to reach out to me. If there is something I cannot share in terms of information it is 100% to retain the confidentiality of other parties or matters that are currently being worked through to completion
Posted in #generalDec 30th at 3:47 PM

shawnlives

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:30:08 PM

Check this:

HELIUM BLOCKCHAIN ALLIANCE - Robert Longden IBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=3WszfphlmZA

Check this web too: http://cobieblockchain.com/

May they never tell you again that this is smoke and waste Wink

This is completely misleading - the logo for Helium Blockchain Alliance is not associated with Robert Longden's presentation (starting at 8:33) but rather the previous presenter's discussion (name unidentified).  Longden's presentation is clearly about the Hyperledger Fabric and the importance of that to the construction industry.

The Helium Alliance logo appears to be just a paid sponsor logo for the event which is an extremely common and acceptable business practice (along side of the Hyperledger logo).

I sincerely appreciate RzeroD taking the time to document that the Helium Alliance in fact presented nothing to the industry at this event other than a sponsor logo and actually promoted the importance of Hyperledger to the construction industry.

The slide in that video is from the presentation found here: http://cobieblockchain.com/wp-content/uploads/2017//07/03-cobie-blockchain4.pdf

In that presentation there is a slide that says:

• Blockchain software will be based on Hyperledger
Composer
• Linux Foundation & IBM influenced
• Cross industry specification and requirements will be
coordinated through Helium Alliance

Then the next presenter is Robert Longden from Hyperledger.

Funny that he didn't see the need tell everyone that they actually weren't working together...
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:57:40 AM

cant wait to put my antminer D3 on helium pool
when it will start? approx? some insider info? anyone :-)

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
szfinx

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:20:08 AM

cant wait to put my antminer D3 on helium pool
when it will start? approx? some insider info? anyone :-)

Not really... All of us waiting for the start or at least Coin101's appearance and a meaningful update..

ghenghisd

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:42:34 PM

Man, I'm really getting tired of emotionally coddling the children on this board. Stop responding to newbie trolls, some of you are either lying or incompetent. Slack was updated days ago.

Jason C
To offer some insight into a few burning questions that arise every so often:

1. @coins101 and myself are most definitely committed to this project and the motivations are not financially rooted. Said another way, both of us have been working day jobs in the Enterprise world at various levels (you can look up my background via Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/cassidyjason/ ).  We have accomplished much in our professional careers outside of cryptocurrency as well as a fair share within. For both of us the goal here is simple - Create something that will last well beyond our years in the project. We have put a sizeable amount of our own funds (yes, a lot of money) into the project and we have every intention of seeing that come back to us someday.

2. The Bittrex listing was something that both @coins101 and myself worked diligently on for many months. Not weeks, months. This was due to a changing of the political climate and Bittrex was preparing to address this. Their resources were very constrained due to having to jump through hoops for regulators and other improved security measures. They also knew helping us with the snapshot would be more work on their end. Sadly, we did not get word from them that they could not help us until very close to our snapshot date. At the time, the snapshot date had been pushed back to accommodate an exchange due to the overwhelming support from the community to have one for convenience.  We had a back-up option in Cryptopia and we pivoted as fast as possible without forcing yet another delay on the community.

3. This project has very long term goals with Enterprise aspirations. Any chain can close DASH and toss out a MN setup with a few fancy tech terms to gain a quick marketcap placing. This is not our interest, so much of the work we do that cannot be shared here is due to either legal reasons or it is in the best interest of our partnerships at the time. Some of the delays on the project to date have been due to this and that is a reflection of our long term focus to bring value to the chain. Nothing outside of real world usage is going to matter soon with a space of 5000 coins
Posted in #generalDec 30th at 3:42 PM

[11:31]
 Jason C
I make a sincere effort to answer questions of all kinds via PM so you can feel free to reach out to me. If there is something I cannot share in terms of information it is 100% to retain the confidentiality of other parties or matters that are currently being worked through to completion
Posted in #generalDec 30th at 3:47 PM

Unless I'm mistaken there is no longer any way to join the slack group? Thanks for the update I suppose.
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:22:41 PM

Unless I'm mistaken there is no longer any way to join the slack group? Thanks for the update I suppose.

They have already fixed it. Check it: https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

thesavoyard

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:57:08 PM

They have already fixed it. Check it: https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

Not sure what slack that is. Trollbox is the official slack of Helium.

RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:33:01 PM

Not sure what slack that is. Trollbox is the official slack of Helium.

It's a Heroku app to send invitations. It's for the Slack of Helium, this same link is placed in the OP.
DuzyGej

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:54:40 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor%27s_New_Clothes

I have the perfect tale for yourself, its called Emperors new clothes.  It directly applies to you. 

Helium simply does not exist, its only an IOU on cryptopia that has been abandoned.

There is no enterprise. No blockchain. No leader.  A basic twitter. A basic website. Nothing updated. Community desperate and abandoned.  Every time frame
months past with zero result.

And in the face of the above you want to call me out for fud?  there is nothing to fud. Im just trying to stop Coins101 pulling this crap
again and answer to the entire mess he has made.

HLM Dead +++

thesavoyard

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:10:53 PM

https://www.facebook.com/HeliumPay/posts/2002001986755589?comment_id=2002110136744774&reply_comment_id=2003423339946787&notif_id=1515259109471753&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Helium Pay Jason Gilhooley - I can understand the community is getting frustrated with the time lines being pushed back. We are in the final stages and will release an update in the coming weeks.

joycigar

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:14:15 AM

hello friends all
I have not understood
about this helium coin.
is there any way to get this free coin?
if i want to buy this coin
where is the market?
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:11:08 AM

hello friends all
I have not understood
about this helium coin.
is there any way to get this free coin?
if i want to buy this coin
where is the market?
There is no market yet for hilium development of the wallet and blockhain are still in progress hilium was airdrop from spreadcoin chain and cryptopia exchange have supported it.
detectiveduck

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:13:23 AM

They have missed an insane opportunity with the enthusiastic new market right now.  Launching in a few weeks means a lot smaller of a community as Im sure a market correction will be under way by then.

This is such a let down project.  If it had been active during the last few weeks there could have been a chance to build a community around it.  So many new people entering the market looking for a coin to get behind.  Excuse me.. but fuck perfect code why not just launch and fork if there are any issues.  I cant understand why the delay other then either this being a scam.. OR someone is being a perfectionist and refusing to launch something they dont think is finished.  The fact is nothing is ever finished and can always be improved.  It does more harm than good to hold back a project like this.

I had such high hopes here and to see it squandered is a really big bummer.  Honestly if you just came out and said you were a scam and you were living in the bahamas now I would feel better. I hate having to constantly check back in and see more empty promises. 

It is definitely a missed opportunity. I'd say this alt run will last anouther month at least though, based on how long others have gone for.

I'd be surprised if it's a scam too, given the amount of communication on the FB page.
Teebass001

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:51:13 AM

They have missed an insane opportunity with the enthusiastic new market right now.  Launching in a few weeks means a lot smaller of a community as Im sure a market correction will be under way by then.

This is such a let down project.  If it had been active during the last few weeks there could have been a chance to build a community around it.  So many new people entering the market looking for a coin to get behind.  Excuse me.. but fuck perfect code why not just launch and fork if there are any issues.  I cant understand why the delay other then either this being a scam.. OR someone is being a perfectionist and refusing to launch something they dont think is finished.  The fact is nothing is ever finished and can always be improved.  It does more harm than good to hold back a project like this.

I had such high hopes here and to see it squandered is a really big bummer.  Honestly if you just came out and said you were a scam and you were living in the bahamas now I would feel better. I hate having to constantly check back in and see more empty promises. 
I feel your pain bro. I was just searching for good masternode coins with a great potential in the nearest future, that was what brought me here. I heard about this project when it was launched and i was expecting quite a lot from these folks only to come here and discovered the whole thing was a mess.
Lemme keep on looking, if you have any other masternode coin with a great community and a potential to do well. Please do let me know. thanks

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:45:56 AM

I feel your pain bro. I was just searching for good masternode coins with a great potential in the nearest future, that was what brought me here. I heard about this project when it was launched and i was expecting quite a lot from these folks only to come here and discovered the whole thing was a mess.
Lemme keep on looking, if you have any other masternode coin with a great community and a potential to do well. Please do let me know. thanks

https://masternodes.online

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
coinswebid

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:22:15 AM

last updates from helium team you can read here,
https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog/jan-7th-almost-almost-there

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:39:21 AM

If the coin is released I would readily dump it because of inactivity from the developers. But I know at the background, devs are coding really hard. Its just that communication between its backers is as scarce as it become so limited information about the release of HLM in exchanges.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: