Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 02:22:47 AM

Hate to repeat a question, I have seen answered a few times already on this thread but am a firm believer in hearing it from the horse's mouth. So if a helium dev or a senior/hero member on this thread could provide an anwer, I would really appreciate it. Anyway, I have my spread coins in the spread wallet, and I just want to make sure that will be eligible for the August 1st snapshot or do I need to move it to a specific wallet?  I do appreciate the response. Thanks

The safest place you can have them is in your local spreadcoin wallet. You will be golden as long as they are sitting there when the snapshot is taken.

Thank you. I appreciate it, I just wanted to make sure.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:09:31 AM

Hate to repeat a question, I have seen answered a few times already on this thread but am a firm believer in hearing it from the horse's mouth. So if a helium dev or a senior/hero member on this thread could provide an anwer, I would really appreciate it. Anyway, I have my spread coins in the spread wallet, and I just want to make sure that will be eligible for the August 1st snapshot or do I need to move it to a specific wallet?  I do appreciate the response. Thanks

Also, FYI, the snapshot date has been pushed back closer to launch time around September. Because the team has pursued things with Bittrex, the timeline for the snapshot depends on their decision / when they are able to facilitate it.

Islapdonkey

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:17:30 AM

Also, FYI, the snapshot date has been pushed back closer to launch time around September. Because the team has pursued things with Bittrex, the timeline for the snapshot depends on their decision / when they are able to facilitate it.

Hey rhinomonkey, thanks for the update but were did you read that i just went back few pages on this thread and i don't see any announcement of postponing the snapshot. i also checked on the website and nothing like that was listed.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:35:10 AM

Hey rhinomonkey, thanks for the update but were did you read that i just went back few pages on this thread and i don't see any announcement of postponing the snapshot. i also checked on the website and nothing like that was listed.

Here you are - Coins101 posted this just a couple posts up. Fairly easy to pass it over though.

https://pastebin.com/MCuC28Gt

Islapdonkey

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 05:01:11 AM

Here you are - Coins101 posted this just a couple posts up. Fairly easy to pass it over though.

https://pastebin.com/MCuC28Gt

Thank you. I appreciate it

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Derkvanderwoude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:42:50 AM

From what I've read so far about Spreadcoin and Helium, Helium is the version2 of Spreadcoin. I could be wrong.

SpreadCoin is scrypt algo and Helium will be x11 algo, also the masternode model has  a slightly different approach,
Helium will follow Dash (1.000 coins are required / allocated).

Both coins have their own dev and roadmap (that is the reason of the 'split')

Derkvanderwoude

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:51:23 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 04:07:07 PM by Derkvanderwoude

So wait, how do you set up masternode for SpreadCoin? That old tutorial doesn't look anything like the new wallet w/ the menu for masternode, etc.

The SpreadCoin masternode is only on paper, you cannot setup a spreadcoin masternode (yet?)
The Helium masternode setup will be at launch (september)

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:01:18 PM

So wait, let me get this straight...helium is going live August 1st or in September (like people say in the comments)?
dekm0101

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 06:40:10 PM

So wait, let me get this straight...helium is going live August 1st or in September (like people say in the comments)?

It's definitely not August 1st anymore. From coins101 post up above he has stated this below.

Firstly, the launch window hasn't changed, we're still aiming for the first half of September, likely the second week to give people a chance to settle back after their summer holidays.
alichang

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:57:29 PM

is it better to put the spread coins in my local wallet now ? Or bitrex is fine?
I don't want to miss the helium deal!

Chuck Norris knows Victoria's secret.
ylpkm

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:59:43 PM

is it better to put the spread coins in my local wallet now ? Or bitrex is fine?
I don't want to miss the helium deal!

Currently it is not decided. And the snapshot date is being moved back. So to be safe just keep it locally.
alichang

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:04:47 PM

just started to sync the wallet so it needs about 20 hours i gues.s.

so if the snapshot date is moved back, its okay to send the coins by tomorrow to my spread wallet ?

Chuck Norris knows Victoria's secret.
Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:20:40 PM

Firstly, the launch window hasn't changed, we're still aiming for the first half of September, likely the second week to give people a chance to settle back after their summer holidays.

Secondly, we’ve taken notice of people asking to move the snapshot closer to the launch. There doesn’t seem to be any concerns about a pre-mine, so we are now planning to create a pre-mine a few days before we launch, rather than the planned fast mine for four weeks.

So, based on this information, the snapshot date is likely to be pushed back to a few days before launch in first half of September.
islapdonkey2

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:01:21 AM

Secondly, we’ve taken notice of people asking to move the snapshot closer to the launch. There doesn’t seem to be any concerns about a pre-mine, so we are now planning to create a pre-mine a few days before we launch, rather than the planned fast mine for four weeks.

So, based on this information, the snapshot date is likely to be pushed back to a few days before launch in first half of September.

I wish I had seen that info before I bought all that spread last night. the link was on a Pastebin and I wasn't expecting that. Spread is tanking now that ppl realize the snapshot has been rescheduled. They should have made a major announcement about the reschedule just like they did about the swap. Kinda sucks.
Derkvanderwoude

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:26:38 AM

just started to sync the wallet so it needs about 20 hours i gues.s.

so if the snapshot date is moved back, its okay to send the coins by tomorrow to my spread wallet ?

That is ok if you want but it's not required. I hold them on Bittrex (secured with 2FA) but my wallet is synced and ready in case I need to transfer,
if you look at Bitcoin and 'Bitcoin Cash'. they also 'split' tomorrow via Bittrex so the same would happen to SpreadCoin and Helium,
just that Bitcoin has priority over Helium (can't understand why lol)

szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:45:53 AM

September. The Snapshot date was on 1st August, but that is pushed back to September too.

grex

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:31:37 AM

Could any dev please confirm, that the snapshot date is not august 1st. For me it's not clear from the pastebin quote, that the snapshot will be postponed, only that people asking for it.
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:23:26 AM

Could any dev please confirm, that the snapshot date is not august 1st. For me it's not clear from the pastebin quote, that the snapshot will be postponed, only that people asking for it.

The snapshot date is no longer August 1st. It will be pushed back to a date somewhere closer to launch.

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:25:10 AM

Everyone please be advised, as it doesn't seem to be clear.

THE DATE FOR THE SNAPSHOT IS NOT AUGUST 1.

The new snapshot date will be announced later, and will take place sometime before the September launch.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:36:25 AM

Everyone please be advised, as it doesn't seem to be clear.

THE DATE FOR THE SNAPSHOT IS NOT AUGUST 1.

The new snapshot date will be announced later, and will take place sometime before the September launch.

Would it not have been easier for coins101 to actually post himself in the second post that is titled "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES." Instead of linking to a paste bin that is still kind of vague? I am just meaning that it does not actually say out right that the snap shot date is moved to "x" (which said link is not even in the "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES".

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: