Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Undecided

You guy's know Helium is just an escape vehicle for Spreadcoin bag holders? Do some research.

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin

Why would a developer fork this s@*t?

Only sensible reason behind it is so Spreadcoin bag holders are able to finally have a large stake in a masternode token.

Spreadcoin $1 now, nearing $10 marketcap... with the prospect of above code and masternodes?

Wow.

Over two years Georgem lied.

Read the link page to see why helium appears.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.5480

I know exactly what happened, I have a little history with SPR.
And there's nothing wrong with what the Helium team are doing, I just personally feel
that everyone should know the real reason Helium is a fork of SPR and not a completely new token (So the large SPR holders can have a controlling stake and manage the project how they want).
Nothing wrong with that but the community should know the true motives here.

The SPR code is old and needs serious core development work, take a look.
I'm open to any reasoning as to why the Helium team would fork SPR, but it's pretty obvious from my perspective.

I don't exactly know why you are coming in here and spreading misinformation. But you are highly incorrect. HLM won't be a fork of Spreadcoin. It will be a snapshot of Spreadcoin and will be a hardfork of Dash until it moves away from Dash when Service Nodes are developed.

Semantics.

Snapshot of the chain so you guys can import your private keys over to Helium blockchain.
Why not just fork Dash and start over?

It's not semantics when your main point was about the codebase being old?

Coins has made a post about why the split is being done the way it is. It is in the OP. But clearly you don't care to read and instead want to spread misinformation.

Sorry, this confused me

Spreadcoin > HLM economic fork

The only 'Fork' is that of Dash>HLM. The only reason SPR is mentioned is to import SPR Private keys to HLM.
Again so large holders from SPR can have a majority stake in the project.

This isn't a Fork of SPR>HLM, HLM is a new Alt with a large pre-mine/instamine.
And will propably retain "Non premined status", great.

Worse than I originally thought.

The Spreadcoin to Helium switch is nothing more than a community based effort to change the direction of a project. Not much different from a hardfork, in principle. Do you believe if a community wants to take a coin in a different direction (after spending loads of time, energy and money) should just leave and make their own brand new coin from scratch? Most people invested in Spreadcoin (well, at least I did) because of Coins101's ideas and whitepapers. I and a number of other people spent time and money (donating to Georgem) with the expectation that Georgem would deliver on those ideas. Alas, he hasn't, and won't, because the whitepapers aren't in line with his ideology. That wasn't made clear initially though, because until the end of last year, the community was told everything was being worked on highly diligently... I don't need to explain this to you... you know.

As you have said, a hardfork is not technically feasible because the Spreadcoin codebase is so old. So the only other option without just ditching everything  is to fork a working coinbase and continue the community and ideas elsewhere with a competent developement team that will work inline with what the community here has invested in (Service Nodes).

I appreciate that you are allowed to have your grievances and your questions / skepticisms. But I can't respect the way you have brought them up as you made false claims and accusations from the very start.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:13:32 PM

Undecided

You guy's know Helium is just an escape vehicle for Spreadcoin bag holders? Do some research.

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin

Why would a developer fork this s@*t?

Only sensible reason behind it is so Spreadcoin bag holders are able to finally have a large stake in a masternode token.

Spreadcoin $1 now, nearing $10 marketcap... with the prospect of above code and masternodes?

Wow.

Over two years Georgem lied.

Read the link page to see why helium appears.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045373.5480

I know exactly what happened, I have a little history with SPR.
And there's nothing wrong with what the Helium team are doing, I just personally feel
that everyone should know the real reason Helium is a fork of SPR and not a completely new token (So the large SPR holders can have a controlling stake and manage the project how they want).
Nothing wrong with that but the community should know the true motives here.

The SPR code is old and needs serious core development work, take a look.
I'm open to any reasoning as to why the Helium team would fork SPR, but it's pretty obvious from my perspective.

I don't exactly know why you are coming in here and spreading misinformation. But you are highly incorrect. HLM won't be a fork of Spreadcoin. It will be a snapshot of Spreadcoin and will be a hardfork of Dash until it moves away from Dash when Service Nodes are developed.

Semantics.

Snapshot of the chain so you guys can import your private keys over to Helium blockchain.
Why not just fork Dash and start over?

It's not semantics when your main point was about the codebase being old?

Coins has made a post about why the split is being done the way it is. It is in the OP. But clearly you don't care to read and instead want to spread misinformation.

Sorry, this confused me

Spreadcoin > HLM economic fork

The only 'Fork' is that of Dash>HLM. The only reason SPR is mentioned is to import SPR Private keys to HLM.
Again so large holders from SPR can have a majority stake in the project.

This isn't a Fork of SPR>HLM, HLM is a new Alt with a large pre-mine/instamine.
And will propably retain "Non premined status", great.

Worse than I originally thought.

The Spreadcoin to Helium switch is nothing more than a community based effort to change the direction of a project. Not much different from a hardfork, in principle. Do you believe if a community wants to take a coin in a different direction (after spending loads of time, energy and money) should just leave and make their own brand new coin from scratch? Most people invested in Spreadcoin (well, at least I did) because of Coins101's ideas and whitepapers. I and a number of other people spent time and money (donating to Georgem) with the expectation that Georgem would deliver on those ideas. Alas, he hasn't, and won't, because the whitepapers aren't in line with his ideology. That wasn't made clear initially though, because until the end of last year, the community was told everything was being worked on highly diligently... I don't need to explain this to you... you know.

As you have said, a hardfork is not technically feasible because the Spreadcoin codebase is so old. So the only other option without just ditching everything  is to fork a working coinbase and continue the community and ideas elsewhere with a competent developement team that will work inline with what the community here has invested in (Service Nodes).

I appreciate that you are allowed to have your grievances and your questions / skepticisms. But I can't respect the way you have brought them up as you made false claims and accusations from the very start.

Don't disregard everything I said from a little mistake I made from being confused by the Helium OP. I also see a bit of confusion from a few guys in here so its not just me. I should have done 5 mins more research to find  that SPR is not the fork but Dash.

I appreciate you being open about the project and why you guys decided to do what you did.
This just needs to be completely obvious to your community, probably in the OP.

The method of distribution still concerns me and should others.
Even Pre-mine is better than snapshit because all development funds are public.

I do wish you guys good luck and hope we can work together in the future when HLM is established more
dekm0101

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 08:21:57 PM

I'm a new investor of helium via spread. Everything was clearly stated to me in op and I understood exactly what it meant. Yes there will be people who have a lot of helium at the start. This is all coming from their investment in spread over time though. So to me it's completely fair and they are honest about it. Heck even coins has stated he has 20,000-30,000 to fund the bittrex listing. I'm just glad to be getting in early on what I believe is going to be a great project.
whitelightercarl

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:34:08 PM

If I buy 1000 spreadcoin now, can I use this as a HLM masternode?
whitelightercarl

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:44:28 AM

If I buy 1000 spreadcoin now, can I use this as a HLM masternode?

Yes, just have to wait till you get HLM.

Thanks! Bought in right now before it goes to the moon.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:00:50 AM

For all the FUD i'd like to point out that HLM made the announcement of snapshotting SPR quite some time ago.  I'm not a LONG-term SPR holder but I did buy some early in the Summer for less than half the current price on spec for HLM.  Those who are just now seeing/realizing this project just weren't paying enough attention.

With the amount of time they gave tgere was PLENTY of opportunity for anyone to participate.
whitelightercarl

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:13:38 AM

For all the FUD i'd like to point out that HLM made the announcement of snapshotting SPR quite some time ago.  I'm not a LONG-term SPR holder but I did buy some early in the Summer for less than half the current price on spec for HLM.  Those who are just now seeing/realizing this project just weren't paying enough attention.

With the amount of time they gave tgere was PLENTY of opportunity for anyone to participate.

Wait does that mean that my recently bought SPR will not be converted to HLM?
whitelightercarl

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:19:52 AM

Wait does that mean that my recently bought SPR will not be converted to HLM?

NVM I've just reread the main post, I think I'm still included Smiley
ducphuc01hp

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:23:25 AM

This currency seems attractive. How can i buy them. exchanges?
dekm0101

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

You can't buy HLM yet. You buy spread though on bittrex. At an unknown date this month a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. For all spread holders you they will be granted 1 HLM.

So it's a 1:1 or win:win 🤓
NewChmst

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:38:12 PM

You can't buy HLM yet. You buy spread though on bittrex. At an unknown date this month a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. For all spread holders you they will be granted 1 HLM.

Hi, so the sanpshot has not been taken yet ?

And regarding taking Spreadcoins on Bittrex is it fine for Helium claiming ?

Thanks for your help
szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:38:56 AM

Hi, so the sanpshot has not been taken yet ?

And regarding taking Spreadcoins on Bittrex is it fine for Helium claiming ?

Thanks for your help

No, the snapshot hasn't been taken yet, it is postponed for a few week. It will probably happen in late August, but there will be an update here and in the slack channel too.

Bittrex hasn't confirmed it's participation, that is the main reason why the snapshot date was moved.

ooeygooeygold

Activity: 465
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:06:25 PM

So is the target date sept 1st? The roadmap is says july 1st?
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:19:27 AM

The original snapshot was to occur August first but thanks to the BCC group deciding to mess with bitcoin that day and the ensuing panic they decided to delay.  Wisely I'd say, I've seen September 1st mentioned repeatedly as the new target but that's not definitive yet as far as I can tell.

Also the only CERTAIN way to redeem your coins post-snapshot right now is to hold SPR in a wallet you can access the private key from, so not an exchange.  That said, historically many exchanges have supported these splits in the past and it seems likely Bittrex will, but until they state they will nothing is certain.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:39:14 AM

Whether the snapshot has another postponement or not, my spr are ready. I am just shopping for some reliable VPS service out there in the market.
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:56:18 PM

The original snapshot was to occur August first but thanks to the BCC group deciding to mess with bitcoin that day and the ensuing panic they decided to delay.  Wisely I'd say, I've seen September 1st mentioned repeatedly as the new target but that's not definitive yet as far as I can tell.

Also the only CERTAIN way to redeem your coins post-snapshot right now is to hold SPR in a wallet you can access the private key from, so not an exchange.  That said, historically many exchanges have supported these splits in the past and it seems likely Bittrex will, but until they state they will nothing is certain.

Thanks, very good to know  Cheesy

dekm0101

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 02:19:49 PM

Whether the snapshot has another postponement or not, my spr are ready. I am just shopping for some reliable VPS service out there in the market.

Check ovh.com  I have some masternodes running there and the setup is a breeze.  They also offer automatic DDOS protection which the other companies charge for.

ducphuc01hp

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:20:41 PM

Hi .  As you say. I need to own SPR then I will get a 1: 1 HLM on conversion day
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:07:35 AM

Hi .  As you say. I need to own SPR then I will get a 1: 1 HLM on conversion day

Correct. They will take a snapshot for SPR block (to be announced when). How many SPR's you have, you'll also get HLM.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
ducphuc01hp

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:57:34 PM

Correct. They will take a snapshot for SPR block (to be announced when). How many SPR's you have, you'll also get HLM.

ok tks bro
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: