Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:18:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:00:23 PM

Count me in on bounty too!

me three . I  like Helium and its platform it will make DASH a run for the money with service nodes.

Has Helium provided any details on how service nodes will work?  I might be a little out of date but the last I heard, Dash were struggling with Proof of Service themselves.

Is there going to be a testnet that is accessible to the public before launch in September?  

Finally, has the service node model been submitted for academic review, even if the details are being kept private for now?

My English not very good. What is Proof of Service?

I like the sound of that. Sounds, interesting.

The service node model is a service provision network which is covered in the white paper.

Essentially, if a service provider doesn't provide a service, you stop paying them and move on to another service provider. That's where the Uber or TripAdvisor style ratings model helps. Both parties to a service transaction can rate each other. Bad actors on both sides get weeded out of the network.

The trick with our service node model will be the Service Node provider setting up an encrypted channel so that a user can access their nodes securely. The area of more detailed effort on our part will be adding a hardware component so that the user can generate private keys locally thus avoiding having to trust the Service Node provider.

Did you have a particular academic in mind to send the paper to? Drop me an email, I'd be more than up for sending it for review or giving access to a PhD candidate.

Wow. My English got better the more I typed. Tongue

So coins, if I had a database that I needed blockchain level protection, I could contract a service node to write my encrypted data to the blockchain and give me access when I needed? Just an example, I know it's probably more complicated and there are more functions, but would that be a realistic application?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:19:17 PM

So coins, if I had a database that I needed blockchain level protection, I could contract a service node to write my encrypted data to the blockchain and give me access when I needed? Just an example, I know it's probably more complicated and there are more functions, but would that be a realistic application?

Not 100% clear what you are asking.

Let's take a corporate company like an electricity utility.

If they want to run a blockchain so that they could communicate and transact with their supply chain, they may not want their internal users or their supply chains to run full nodes on their own networks.

Many corporate businesses have really congested networks - and in our example - electricity utility businesses are huge targets for cyber attacks. So running many full nodes would potentially add congestion and also create many challenges and problems for business users.

You also have many businesses using remote desktops systems as well as placing limits on who can run applications.

The easy option for infrastructure businesses like this would be to outsource their full nodes (to our Service Nodes for example) and give local users access via SPVs.

SME's have a slightly different dynamic, but need the same service provision model for different reasons. For SMEs, it's about accessing B2B payment tools to avoid bank fees and also have the capability to trade internationally, but they are already busy running their own business, they don't want the headache of having to run their own full nodes.

SME's would be at the lower end of our market pricing (Service Nodes actually set prices themselves, well that's one of our preferred models) but would generate more volume and sales as we would have greater numbers of customers who are more price aware and more likely to shop around for the lowest price provider.

This is essentially a cloud service model, a big growth area. Microsoft has bet the farm on the cloud services provision model.
thesavoyard

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:34:22 PM

I get it, at least at my layman's level. I thought the blockchain would be a data repository given its high level of encryption and stability against attacks. The nodes will actually provide node service, not data protection. Thanks for clarifying!

LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

Still no answer as to when is the snapshot? And Coin101 posted here recently?
thesavoyard

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

Still no answer as to when is the snapshot? And Coin101 posted here recently?

He told me on Slack that the announcement will be next week. He also posted 2 above your post.

E5

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:40:39 AM

DAMN, Spreadcoin is on Fire!!!!
jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:58:06 AM

DAMN, Spreadcoin is on Fire!!!!

Yes, you got that right its x3 ATH this moment . Amazing marketing for Helium airdrop. Just hope to know when exactly is the airdrop or snapshot date. Any case I would like for my masternode to be set up and ready to stake for HeliumPay.
akaltcoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:13:24 AM

Holding my breath, waiting for announcements, subscribing to this thread.  Knuckles white with anticipation, and ready to start a masternode when the time comes.
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:52:18 AM

Holding my breath, waiting for announcements, subscribing to this thread.  Knuckles white with anticipation, and ready to start a masternode when the time comes.

Slack is the place to be if you want the announcements and updates, karma has said next week will be when the announcements start coming in really. Chain isnt going to launch for a few more weeks, so its mostly just waiting at this point.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:48:47 PM

Slack is the place to be if you want the announcements and updates, karma has said next week will be when the announcements start coming in really. Chain isnt going to launch for a few more weeks, so its mostly just waiting at this point.

Actually the second post of this thread is the place to be for updates since it is titled "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES."

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Slack. Some people don't have the time in a day to scroll to find and/or search for updates.

The second post was designed for this function to save time. I've asked like three times now and the post has not been updated in months. It would be best to just take it down if it is not going to be utilized in which it was designed for.

It's the little things that has to be done right when it comes to business.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

Project Update:

Visuals:

The OP ANN is going to be revamped with updated graphics along with the whitepaper and the HeliumPay.com website. In addition, there is a 'voting proposal' website being created right now and the Helium Blockchain Alliance website (HeliumAlliance.com / .org) will begin work to reflect the Enterprise strategy and co-exist as a compliment to CobieBlockchain.com.

-----------------------------

Media:

Unique stories as well Press releases will continue into September along with paid social media advertising  (FB, Google ads eventually). In the coming weeks and months several episodes of 'Blockchain TV' will be featuring Helium and some of the people behind the project itself. You can view the first couple episodes of Blockchain TV here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZQMorW7RExo4zcGCT--j3A/videos

-----------------------------

Community:

Since the community is growing at a record pace these days (#819 members and going up every minute seemingly now), now is a good Time to remind everyone new to the Helium project that you can join the Helium Slack channel via the link below:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

---------------------

Bounty campaign:

The Helium bounty campaign is live! Join now and start earning Helium (HLM) while the network is preparing for launch in September:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2104006.0

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

Count me in on bounty too!

me three . I  like Helium and its platform it will make DASH a run for the money with service nodes.

Has Helium provided any details on how service nodes will work?  I might be a little out of date but the last I heard, Dash were struggling with Proof of Service themselves.

Is there going to be a testnet that is accessible to the public before launch in September?  

Finally, has the service node model been submitted for academic review, even if the details are being kept private for now?

My English not very good. What is Proof of Service?

I like the sound of that. Sounds, interesting.

The service node model is a service provision network which is covered in the white paper.

Essentially, if a service provider doesn't provide a service, you stop paying them and move on to another service provider. That's where the Uber or TripAdvisor style ratings model helps. Both parties to a service transaction can rate each other. Bad actors on both sides get weeded out of the network.

The trick with our service node model will be the Service Node provider setting up an encrypted channel so that a user can access their nodes securely. The area of more detailed effort on our part will be adding a hardware component so that the user can generate private keys locally thus avoiding having to trust the Service Node provider.

Did you have a particular academic in mind to send the paper to? Drop me an email, I'd be more than up for sending it for review or giving access to a PhD candidate.

Wow. My English got better the more I typed. Tongue

I must have got the wrong end of the stick, my bad.

I assumed that you were going in a different direction to that.  Academic review won't be needed if you're not going down the cryptographic proof path. It will be real interesting to see how this pans out, free markets are free markets after all.
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:59:19 PM

Actually the second post of this thread is the place to be for updates since it is titled "RESERVED FOR REGULAR UPDATES."

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with Slack. Some people don't have the time in a day to scroll to find and/or search for updates.

The second post was designed for this function to save time. I've asked like three times now and the post has not been updated in months. It would be best to just take it down if it is not going to be utilized in which it was designed for.

It's the little things that has to be done right when it comes to business.

Updates will come eventually in that spot, but as we are still in the pre ann phase, if you really want to be first you can hang out on slack. Its not required, but we have a nice community there  Grin my statement was more of an invitation.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
vanwinkle6y

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:02:33 PM

The total amount of coin supplied on the market of HLM coin is how much
szfinx

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:14:37 PM

HLM is  a fork of SPR (Spreadcoin). When it starts on September, it will have the same amount of supply as SPR (aroung 8.6M). As it is In the future, it will grow up to around 21M.
A part of this total supply will be locked into MasterNodes, so the circulating supply will be much less. How much will be on the market, that is a very good question, nobody really knows.

vanwinkle6y

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:31:37 PM

HLM is  a fork of SPR (Spreadcoin). When it starts on September, it will have the same amount of supply as SPR (aroung 8.6M). As it is In the future, it will grow up to around 21M.
A part of this total supply will be locked into MasterNodes, so the circulating supply will be much less. How much will be on the market, that is a very good question, nobody really knows.

The date will be secret or public
thesavoyard

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

HLM is  a fork of SPR (Spreadcoin). When it starts on September, it will have the same amount of supply as SPR (aroung 8.6M). As it is In the future, it will grow up to around 21M.

HLM isn't a fork of Spreadcoin. HLM Blockchain will be based on Dash, though not forked from it. This is an airdrop where owning Spreadcoin allows you to claim HLM. So the total planned supply will be 20 million but the initial public circulation will depend on how much SPR is claimed. Bittrex holders may automatically get HLM but that's not concrete yet.

@vanwinkle6y Public and will most likely be announced in the next week. coins101 told me next week and that was last Friday.

akaltcoins

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:37:57 PM

The date will be secret or public

The date will be public, and is anticipated to be announced this week.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:17:26 AM

I'm excited about the launch of Helium project as well. My 1000 SPR's are ready for the MN. i hope setting the MN thru qt wallet will also be available as I initially plan to use a personal VM. If not, I'll go for VPS.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
szfinx

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:50:49 AM

I'm excited about the launch of Helium project as well. My 1000 SPR's are ready for the MN. i hope setting the MN thru qt wallet will also be available as I initially plan to use a personal VM. If not, I'll go for VPS.

There will be help for setting up masternodes. There will be 2 choices:

1, You can set up your own, on your PC or preferably on a VPS... This is the cheapest, as you can have the suitable solution for $1 a month from https://www.arubacloud.com/

2, You can order a hosting service from https://node-vps.com/web/ They would set up your node and host it for you... Easiest and better if you don't really know what you are doing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: