Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poiseulle

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Provide high-quality Chinese translation

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:35:03 PM

SPR is pretty much worthless after Helium go online? it is almost like a coin swap, transferring the value from one coin to another...

yeah but the difference is that HLM comes with many more features than spreadcoin, like masternodes and has a better name maybe, also x11 maybe could be better will attract more miner than gpu now

the new coin with the new tech is definetely better, it would be good for the holders of spreadcoin, they get two coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:48:44 PM

waiting for the next update,
already have few helium on cryptopia,,
hope can transfer helium wallet, but when the wallet will be ready ?

Please see the Helium FAQ before asking questions.  It answers a lot of the common questions that people ask over and over and (and over) again, apparently without taking to do much, if any research first.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
nitego

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:25:31 AM

Need updates here.  Im sure this project is on point but lack of communication makes it smell fishy.  I have a tiny fear that these guys just bought a bunch of spr early on and this whole thing was a manufactured pump and dump for spr.  

I don't think it's a scam, coins101 has a very good reputation. But yes, the communication is a disaster. It's only after someone here raises a big stink that we get any progress information. I can't understand what's so hard about writing a bi-weekly update, even if you have a day job. This is especially galling as they claim to do "Agile Development" in the ANN post. Now I work as an agile coder and frequent and timely communication is one of the top obligations of an agile team. Just as a reminder, there's an agile manifesto, and it says (among other things; emphasis mine):

Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer
through early and continuous delivery
of valuable software.

Business people and developers must work
together daily
throughout the project.

Honestly thinking about dumping all HLM once they can be traded and get out of this. Should have bought into Crown - team is also a split-off from SPR and they have a working masternode coin and service nodes and all the nice stuff.

DEVS: Please, you are doing your own project a huge disservice claiming Agile when you rarely communicate, your github is empty and you have no MVP to show. I bought into this not least because of your reputation and the Agile claim (which is rare enough). I confess I am losing hope by what I see instead. At least strike the Agile claim, it rubs it in every time I read it.

This this this. Really undermines the confidence in the team when they make such claims and completely fail at it right from the get go. Or maybe they're doing 3 month sprints.  Grin

As someone who has signed this manifesto since 2005 and worked on various Agile projects. I like to say it is not quite the same for this Project as these "Customers" have no feedback into the backlog or requirements and are really not owed any update as they are not "stakeholders" in the sense they do not pay for the Project nor have they determined what Helium should be or is. Updates are usually given to Customers to manage the backlog or establish priorities.

When Helium is launched and the governance is in place and you as a Masternode holder has made a vote on a Project, maybe then you can demand updates because you determined what should be done as a Stakeholder.

Helium uses the Agile method of development does not mean they should be accountable to everyone. Accountability is to Stakeholders. If Google where to design a open source tool for everyone or anyone, using Agile methods does that give everyone off the street a right to an update?  I think not. When you pay the piper you call the tune, until then sit tight and relax.

"When you pay the piper you call the tune" - I m not sure of your situation, but I am not having a free ride here, I paid my way for HLM, it didn't just appeared in my account for free of charge.

The updates are important. That is the part of PR which make or break a project/company/organisation. There are many other project, many other opportunity. Why would a customer/stakeholder stay with one which leave them in the dark? People want to know what happen with their money. Helium is a good and promising project, but I am a bit worried it will be killed by the inadequacy of PR/communication in the medium run.

Technically you paid for "Spreadcoin" and you already have that in your wallet. How exactly do you pay for a coin that is not launched yet when there was no ICO. Look at your order details or transaction id. You need to check your understanding of Projects you "pay for"
Updates are important especially relevant ones. All I am saying if you caught the vision of the project based on words hold the faith and wait for them to deliver. You may want to join the Slack. Like I keep saying good applications = good codes= adequate/good testing and it all takes time. We are almost there, its not long now. (however long it takes we are still closer than we were last month)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:25:22 AM

I wish I were paying more attention to this. One really can't take a break from crypto. I'd really like to get master node going when the network comes online. We need some really good, quick currencies and I hope this will be one of them.
wise_turtle

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:16:30 PM

waiying for more than 1 month i'm becoming a litte bit worried
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:45:59 PM

Technically you paid for "Spreadcoin" and you already have that in your wallet. How exactly do you pay for a coin that is not launched yet when there was no ICO. Look at your order details or transaction id. You need to check your understanding of Projects you "pay for"

So like if I am buying stock futures, I should not have an expectation I am dealing in that stock? Or if my employer rewards me with options, I should not assume they will ever vest?

Dude, playing semantical tricks on technicalities just makes things worse. In all ICO's I put money in (oh, I didn't, I just put in ETH), I had the reasonable expectation I'd receive their tokens - based on the ANN and their WP. If they had told me I'd never paid them money so I shouldn't expect to receive anything, I'd call that a scam. Owning up to delays is one thing, but trying to move the goal posts is a major red flag.

May I ask whether you are playing this shenanigans as part of the HLM team?
DuzyGej

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:41:49 PM

waiying for more than 1 month i'm becoming a litte bit worried

Maybe scam? HLM is scam? when starts? when roadmap? please update !!!!

nitego

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:19:27 AM

So like if I am buying stock futures, I should not have an expectation I am dealing in that stock? Or if my employer rewards me with options, I should not assume they will ever vest?

Dude, playing semantical tricks on technicalities just makes things worse. In all ICO's I put money in (oh, I didn't, I just put in ETH), I had the reasonable expectation I'd receive their tokens - based on the ANN and their WP. If they had told me I'd never paid them money so I shouldn't expect to receive anything, I'd call that a scam. Owning up to delays is one thing, but trying to move the goal posts is a major red flag.

Not a dude. and not part of the Helium team. I am part of the community and I know a good Project takes time if you understand the scope of what needs to be done.How do you like BitcoinGold's approach? trying to deliver before they are actually ready and everything is still hanging. I like the attention to details I see in this team so I do not fret.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:21:14 AM

Not a dude. and not part of the Helium team. I am part of the community and I know a good Project takes time if you understand the scope of what needs to be done.How do you like BitcoinGold's approach? trying to deliver before they are actually ready and everything is still hanging. I like the attention to details I see in this team so I do not fret.

Well stated.

As I said earlier ... if it is a scam, there's not much we can do about it now.  No point in fretting about it.  Or anything, for that matter! Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

Guys, what do you think about the ICO? how promissing the project is?

There is no ICO for Helium. An economic fork of Spreadcoin was done months ago. Only way to get Helium coins is to wait for an exchange to start trading. Most likely Cryptopia will be the first exchange.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:55:36 AM

There is no ICO for Helium. An economic fork of Spreadcoin was done months ago. Only way to get Helium coins is to wait for an exchange to start trading. Most likely Cryptopia will be the first exchange.

The poster doesn't care. Look at his post history, he is doing account farming so he has tens or hundreds of accounts with status "member" or better to raid airdrops. Best report those bullshit accounts.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:40:59 PM

The poster doesn't care. Look at his post history, he is doing account farming so he has tens or hundreds of accounts with status "member" or better to raid airdrops. Best report those bullshit accounts.

I would imagine that scouring these forums for the plethora of ANNS for free shitcoin tokens
and subsequently managing to dump/convert to btc could possibly be quite lucrative for one,
to say the least. The term "airdrop harvesting" comes to mind.... Wink

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:53:40 PM

I would imagine that scouring these forums for the plethora of ANNS for free shitcoin tokens
and subsequently managing to dump/convert to btc could possibly be quite lucrative for one,

I had a few early wins with just that, and I've read unicorn stories about XEM and others that made people BIG money.  Sadly, I have a day job and too little time to personally chase these things but now that ICO fever has died down and it seems AIRDROP is the new buzzword there's certainly some serious potential out there.

It's sad that the bots and farmers are so heavy in the industry though, that combined with outright fraudulent projects makes it a total crap shoot.

Still just sitting here waiting patiently to see a Helium wallet post Sad Smiley
BaNgTHai

Activity: 166

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

can you mine helium with yet? x11 right?
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

can you mine helium with yet? x11 right?

Please see the Helium FAQ before asking questions.  It answers a lot of the common questions that people ask over and over and (and over) again, apparently without taking to do much, if any research first.

M

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:22:49 AM

I had a few early wins with just that, and I've read unicorn stories about XEM and others that made people BIG money.  Sadly, I have a day job and too little time to personally chase these things but now that ICO fever has died down and it seems AIRDROP is the new buzzword there's certainly some serious potential out there.

It's sad that the bots and farmers are so heavy in the industry though, that combined with outright fraudulent projects makes it a total crap shoot.

Still just sitting here waiting patiently to see a Helium wallet post Sad Smiley

I myself did quite well with the XLM and Byteball free money airdrops just for holding bitcoin. (and Bitcoin Cash of course! talk about free money, holy shit!)
Now like you , waiting on the Helium. Gotta love my crypto addiction!
(Far healthier than my previous habit that's thankfully ancient history,
with added bonus that I make money now rather than squandering it... win win...   Cheesy)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:42:06 AM

Still waiting for official wallet to be released. And off to the exchange to bag more HeliumPay tokens . I am targeting at least 5 masternodes at launch.
CodeBios

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:55:48 AM

So far, nothing new, but there are always those who want to invest, anyway, good luck in the project. I will be following closely, if something pleases me, I may be giving a new search for information about it.  Grin

faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:31:52 AM

The group is more active in Slack than here. You may want to join it if you want more information.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:53:50 AM

It was written in the FAQ that the helium release will be at Q4 2017 but their is no definitive answer on what date will the wallet be release to the public. 3 days more and it will be a month after the snapshot dev should have updated the thread on whats been going on. some hate going to slack because of the spam incident that happen to almost every project that uses slack.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: