Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:19:07 AM
Merited by Searing (1)

link on HOW to get masternodes when it happens again please (or at least the process)

This is the info on it right now: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/an-introduction-to-masternodes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:48:26 AM

link on HOW to get masternodes when it happens again please (or at least the process)

This is the info on it right now: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/an-introduction-to-masternodes

bit confused...how the heck do you get 1,000 HLM to run a masternode, if there is no HLM yet? (befuddled)

So do you setup up the masternode FIRST in some manner and THEN when HLM hits ..fund it after the fact? (in order for them to keep track of nodes?)

thanks...

brad

edit: ok Spreadcoin? or has this ship sailed?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
faetos

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:02:40 AM

bit confused...how the heck do you get 1,000 HLM to run a masternode, if there is no HLM yet? (befuddled)

So do you setup up the masternode FIRST in some manner and THEN when HLM hits ..fund it after the fact? (in order for them to keep track of nodes?)

thanks...

brad

edit: ok Spreadcoin? or has this ship sailed?

Brad, the airdrop happened some time last year. If you held SPR in a wallet you'd get the same HLM at some point. I missed the boat, too. I found out about this effort about a month late. The only way to get in would be to buy HLM on an exchange when they launch the coin. I'm hoping it won't be too high, because I really want some masternodes myself.

They're still working on specifics on the whole thing, but if it is similar to SPR masternodes then this guide may offer some guidance on how it might look like: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106.0

hope this helps some.
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:16:26 AM

It's alive  Shocked

From what I understand ..this coin is based on DASH ..thus they are waiting for the Dev's of DASH to make some fixes to the code

before they move on and release Helium? Is that the crux of the issue now? If so anyone have any idea of a timeline just on the DASH fix?

thanks, just trying to put this in some kind of perspective/timeline

brad

Isn't this a really bad sign for HELIUM itself then? Whenever there is a bug or some issue with the code that requires an update or a fix, this community has to wait for DASH developers to act? Or am I misunderstanding this?

I am looking for clarity on this myself...but, from what I understand this is the reason for the delay...I suppose it makes sense, as a fork....this is also true of say

Litecoin and Bitcoin ..in that litecoin is a fork...I suppose it depends on how open DASH devs are with Helium devs....on keeping them in the loop..it is not a big

deal with LTC and BTC but it may be a big deal for DASH devs just not liking forks like Helium or something.

But yeah, clarity on the holdup, a timeline on the supposed 'fix' needed by dash devs ....would be helpful..even if it is just a 'ballpark' this summer of 2018 as a guess

If you take Litecoin I don't think they are in any way dependent on the development of Bitcoin. In fact they are much quicker when it comes to implementation of new features. That's why they are also called something like a testnet for Bitcoin. There is a different mutual interest in LTC and BTC than in Dash and Helium I believe.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
faetos

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:04:22 PM

Just so you all are aware and can have a voice there is a debate on the Slack channel on whether to move to PIVX or follow the DASH codebase. Currently, just about everyone has voted for PIVX. If you feel strongly either way then head over there and voice your opinion.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:08:35 PM

Will do, it will be compatible with Dash or PivX, depending on which wins the vote. Here's my summary (with my opinion) of the current debate.

There is an active vote to move to Discord, Discord is winning by a landslide. There will be a vote in the coming days, the questions are:

Fork Dash, deal with patented, centralized updates that could take forever. Helium should not remain compatible with Dash long enough to even get 1 security update. Dash is POW.

Or

Fork PivX and get a less proven tech, but faster speeds out the door, little risk of centralization and a wallet that is more advanced. IE: Treasury proposals and Masternode voting from the wallet.

My take:

POW will never scale, it will always be wasteful and no one really benefits from it except ASIC manufacturers. The age old question, spend my money on mining equipment or buy coins. Well, in the history of crypto, buying coins flat out has always been  the better choice. POW will attrack negative media attention for wasting electricity and is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

POS solves the entry level dilemma, buying coins is mining. You PC will process transaction (or VPS) the way Satoshi Nakamoto intended. You earn rewards staking until you have enough for a Masternode, then you can move to that for more rights and income. POS is more secure against a 51% attack, you can't just control 51% of the hash power (like Bitmain could), you have to own 51% of the coins, which becomes impossible. POS has no mining pools to sabotage software upgrades, that is BTCs biggest flaw.

Pils

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:37:13 PM

That gives much more of an insight into how far along and how well planned this project is. Considering this is now at least a full quarter late to launch and was announced over a year ago, to say this is disappointing is an understatement. This should all have been dealt with at the planning stage before the coin was announced.
thesavoyard

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:44:57 PM

That gives much more of an insight into how far along and how well planned this project is. Considering this is now at least a full quarter late to launch and was announced over a year ago, to say this is disappointing is an understatement. This should all have been dealt with at the planning stage before the coin was announced.

Dash was the settled fork in the beginning. Since then, a lot has come to lite about Dash code. I can't tell you what happened to the testnet from fall, there was some work done by coins101 in the Dash github. But the debate to change to PivX is due to more recent developments. gj is handling the technical side of the launch and is very capable, a realistic plan to implement service nodes is in place and some of us have other proposals to put forward to increase the usefulness of the network.

MRD911

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:01:38 PM

I'll be setting up a few nodes. I vote for the PIVX clone with the zerocoin. This is working well for PHR, RUPX, WGR, etc. Either is fine though! Glad to see this coin is alive - been anticipating this for quite some time.

MRD
Gash

Activity: 652
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

Just so you all are aware and can have a voice there is a debate on the Slack channel on whether to move to PIVX or follow the DASH codebase. Currently, just about everyone has voted for PIVX. If you feel strongly either way then head over there and voice your opinion.

Ffs will the outcome of this decision impact the price of either of them? PIVX has a leg over DASH in regard to auto-adjustability of mn earnings and maybe team is not that cracked up in comparison with dash team who forget their own names in endless pursuit of cheap coins yielded through price manipulation.
tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:18:53 PM

Thanks Krister and the team for the update on the site. Sad to see gjhiggins go, but thanks a lot for all you did Cheesy

I am happy to read we are getting more dev-power on board, something that is desperately needed at this time. I won't lie, I was rather shocked to learn that a discussion was coming up whether to fork off Dash or PIVX that late in development, I thought a lot of code was written already. If I do understand things correctly, we are starting with a 1:1 clone of PIVX and implement some kind of layer-2 network like Lightning on top of it. And this also means we would be launching soon-ish?
thesavoyard

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:16:07 AM

Thanks Krister and the team for the update on the site. Sad to see gjhiggins go, but thanks a lot for all you did Cheesy

I am happy to read we are getting more dev-power on board, something that is desperately needed at this time. I won't lie, I was rather shocked to learn that a discussion was coming up whether to fork off Dash or PIVX that late in development, I thought a lot of code was written already. If I do understand things correctly, we are starting with a 1:1 clone of PIVX and implement some kind of layer-2 network like Lightning on top of it. And this also means we would be launching soon-ish?

PivX is officially announced. The second layer will be service nodes. I have my own project hopes that I will present to the community to see if there is any interest. I wouldn't be the one implementing it so feasibility would be a factor. Soonish for sure, only a few issues with Bittrex wallets and reimbursement to the core team to deal with. Almost time for lunch.

big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

so now we are not on X11 anymore?  Embarrassed the new algo will be Quark? am I right  Undecided

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
lusa

Activity: 109
Merit: 5

hodl

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

so now we are not on X11 anymore?  Embarrassed the new algo will be Quark? am I right  Undecided

I think it will be a POS only coin. If you have another suggestion, you can check the slack channel. They discussed over there and many people voted for POS.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 02:20:17 PM

I think it will be a POS only coin. If you have another suggestion, you can check the slack channel. They discussed over there and many people voted for POS.

POS!?!?!

well yeah, Masternodes only
great

our ants D3 will ROI never

big tnx to the slack channel than  Angry Angry Angry

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
republicrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:42:02 PM

and i think PIVX codebase is the choice from the community right now,,
also everyone can read the last updates from helium in the link below
https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog/mar-20th-ledgercodeteam
regards
faetos

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:01:32 AM

regards

yes, HLM will be based on PIVX and will be POS not POW which means no mining. If you need the 1000 HLM to run a masternode and missed the airdrop (like me) you'll have to pick some up on cryptopia.co.nz when they launch.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

regards

yes, HLM will be based on PIVX and will be POS not POW which means no mining. If you need the 1000 HLM to run a masternode and missed the airdrop (like me) you'll have to pick some up on cryptopia.co.nz when they launch.

Not likely now. Getting a Helium Masternode now,  IMHO, they would have done better as a dash version and POW miners for a bit...just for the cheerleader effect...a LOT (ALL) Bitmain or other x11 units would have mined it...no no hype...etc ..just another POS coin ...

now it is just another PIVX POS coin clone...w/o any fanfare

anyway, just my viewpoint......if I want a masternode I will probably look for the next up and coming coin instead....

anyway, I often wonder what will happen when home miners of any flavor asic/gpu etc goes away....no more cheerleaders....only traders and Hodl'ers ...seems like will be more guiet

indeed on new adoption and promotion

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:57:49 AM

regards

Has the date been set by Cryptopia when trading will be available on their platform or is that still unknown?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
thesavoyard

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:30:33 AM

POS!?!?!

well yeah, Masternodes only
great

our ants D3 will ROI never

big tnx to the slack channel than  Angry Angry Angry

I have a D3 that will never ROI either and I got batch 1.5. But I still voted for PivX because POS is superior to POW. It's in our best interest to have the best blockchain possible.

@BonTonPlease

Cryptopia will go live with HLM probably just after launch, from what I understand we are a week or two away.

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: