Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:38:18 AM

Hmmm turning to POS also might diminish significantly the value of  HLM, as we all know mining is harder to achieve with setting up some rigs as compare to just opening wallet with proof of balance.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:36:40 AM

Well there goes the value of my D3's..that is the only reason I have been holding onto them. Unless Dash takes a skyrocket they're as good as junk lol

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
DuzyGej

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:22:17 AM

is there any exact date, when the mainnet realeased ?
its become very long time after the snapshot, too many delay
i know the team is active on slack,
but, it will be better if they active in this forum too

No exact date, but they have been targeting around 2-3 more weeks to get the chain up and stable. They've got some more dedicated devs to get this launched. It's a bummer that it has been delayed, but karma, graham and richy have kept plugging away at it. No one really knows if coins is involved anymore. I believe that may have been a major part of the delay, but I don't know for sure. He may be working behind the scenes on getting companies on board with the service nodes. If he'd chime in it would be nice. Regardless, karma is moving the boat along and it will launch.

No date - year of delay
SCAM

RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:29:00 PM

No date - year of delay
SCAM

Apart from the signature campaign, are you paid to come here and write FUD?
I think that someone wants to buy cheap.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:49:01 AM

No exact date, but they have been targeting around 2-3 more weeks to get the chain up and stable. They've got some more dedicated devs to get this launched. It's a bummer that it has been delayed, but karma, graham and richy have kept plugging away at it. No one really knows if coins is involved anymore. I believe that may have been a major part of the delay, but I don't know for sure. He may be working behind the scenes on getting companies on board with the service nodes. If he'd chime in it would be nice. Regardless, karma is moving the boat along and it will launch.

No date - year of delay
SCAM

NO date doesn't means scam, its just delayed for long period time  Cry
but, i still believe with this project,
anyway, personally i didn't like with the delay
i hope, the dev team will give an informations about the date as soon as possible

wise_turtle

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:47:09 AM

glad to see karmashark replying do your work guys we want to have a solid project not something rushed in
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:54:40 PM

No date - year of delay
SCAM

i hope, the dev team will give an informations about the date as soon as possible
a project that took so long, and I am still prejudiced positive with helium and following its development
I do not blame those who say fraud because teams are more active on twitter and until now they still have not confirmed the date and time information after long delays

teela

Activity: 116
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:34:10 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2018, 10:05:53 AM by teela

The latest tl:dr of what has been discussed in Slack over the last week:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/blog/apr-14th-developersfinance

Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

Forking off the bittrex address was a good move those pricks have turned into scam artists anyway. The questions I have for team are: how many helium does forking trex address off network remove from circulation? Is it safe yet to say our coins on topia will be actively able to trade, stake, MN within 2 months? I figure within 2 months has to be a safe estimate if you include that investors have been waiting quite a sum of time at this point.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:47:44 PM

I think I've died about 5000 times from holding my breath on this one. Every day I see it with the big zero in my block folio and just shrug.
teela

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

Forking off the bittrex address was a good move those pricks have turned into scam artists anyway. The questions I have for team are: how many helium does forking trex address off network remove from circulation? Is it safe yet to say our coins on topia will be actively able to trade, stake, MN within 2 months? I figure within 2 months has to be a safe estimate if you include that investors have been waiting quite a sum of time at this point.

This will be in the next tl:dr but team have identified 629k coins that were sitting in Bittrex wallets during the snapshot. Richyjames, who is currently coordinating development, mentioned on Slack earlier today that they're on schedule to have everything ready by the end of the month. The community FAQ is more or less up to date with current information:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/frequently-asked-questions
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:18:34 PM

To be honest I was surprised that developers are not inclined to make Helium a Dash clone. Instead it is now PIVX so how would development affects further the launch of HLM ? Pushed even further in my opinion.

as i now the community decided to change it, from Dash clone become PIVX
and you can read the full story about this here
https://www.heliumlabs.org/blog/mar-20th-ledgercodeteam
regards

Well, not the community, but the handful of people that hang in the slack channel.
Personally I'd loved to use my D3s, but I'm very ambivalent about both ways.

1. X11
Pros: Mining (it means gaining more popularity, fast)
Cons: Mining (a lot of power consumption - see BTC power consumption for past year: https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption)

2. PIVX
Pros: POS means lower power footprint, and IF HLM gets the same popularity will not be so energy wasteful.
Cons: I highly doubt HLM will gain the same popularity without mining.

The above doesn't include any technical aspect, but we all know a product doesn't have to be perfect to be publicly accepted. That being said, PIVX might be way better, but that doesn't matter if only handful of people admire the project and can't get enough users (miners and traders included) to be involved.
So personally I got into mining for the money even though I admire crypto's ideology - decentralization and independence. Still power consumption is going awry and with these temps it will be very soon when mining is being denied/limited/prohibited because it's sucking too much juice (it already started in WA and QC).

Bottom line - I keep my fingers crossed and I hope I am wrong about the negative effect of cutting off POW.

P.S. - Now BTC's world power consumption share is 0.27%. I am afraid at some point (when it reaches double digits?!) miners will be as powerful as oil tycoons and drug cartels put together and lobbying for their interests.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:54:30 PM

@jjjordan

I agree that such important decisions should be made in agreement with whole community, and the best way to do it is by some form of voting (at least for original SPR holders). Also if cloning DASH was problematic in some aspects, is PIVX the only other viable option?
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

@jjjordan

I agree that such important decisions should be made in agreement with whole community, and the best way to do it is by some form of voting (at least for original SPR holders). Also if cloning DASH was problematic in some aspects, is PIVX the only other viable option?

My understanding is DASH's codebase is moving too fast and "Helium's devs" can not keep up. Even if they have waited for the forthcoming DASH version release, they won't be around for the next one (unless they are paid to do so). I quoted HLM devs, because they are not part of the community - they are paid to clone the codebase, alter it and launch the project. For next PIVX release they have to be hired again. Nothing bad about it - It's just a different approach. Instead of having the devs devoted by having them invested in the project they are short term payed. Not criticizing, just observing. Will see how this thing works out.
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:03:05 PM

@jjjordan

The codebase change was voted publicly and PIVX won with a large number of votes.

My understanding is DASH's codebase is moving too fast and "Helium's devs" can not keep up. Even if they have waited for the forthcoming DASH version release, they won't be around for the next one (unless they are paid to do so). I quoted HLM devs, because they are not part of the community - they are paid to clone the codebase, alter it and launch the project. For next PIVX release they have to be hired again. Nothing bad about it - It's just a different approach. Instead of having the devs devoted by having them invested in the project they are short term payed. Not criticizing, just observing. Will see how this thing works out.

It's just the opposite, DASH Evo is going to take a lot of development time, they have already suffered delays and the Helium team couldn't allow more delays in the development. The team is working to get more developers on board anyway.
krisnajsadrak

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:07:14 AM

No date - year of delay
SCAM

a project that took so long, and I am still prejudiced positive with helium and following its development
I do not blame those who say fraud because teams are more active on twitter and until now they still have not confirmed the date and time information after long delays

the team also active on Slack and always give an updates on helium official website too
there is no reason to doubt with this project,
i hope as soon as possible i can see this coin alive and tradeable on exchange

bienvang192

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:01:13 AM

Do you have an affiliate program? Huh
teela

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:15:05 PM
Merited by faetos (3)

No date - year of delay
SCAM

the team also active on Slack and always give an updates on helium official website too
there is no reason to doubt with this project,
i hope as soon as possible i can see this coin alive and tradeable on exchange

heliumlabs is not 'the official website' its just the website where the community keeps the faq and posts important stuff that was mentioned in Slack Smiley I think the team will soon launch a new website as they are getting ready to launch the chain. Having said that:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/blog/developmentledger

tl:dr of last week.
nitego

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:35:30 PM

I think I've died about 5000 times from holding my breath on this one. Every day I see it with the big zero in my block folio and just shrug.

Huh I hear you.
krisnajsadrak

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:41:03 AM

Do you have an affiliate program? Huh

hi you,,
please read the first posts in this thread carefully before make a post here
and there is no affiliate program in this project!!
join the slack if you want to know more about Helium or go here https://www.heliumlabs.org

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: