Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted - Programmer for 2 new alt-coins (BOUNTY - 5oz of silver OR BTC)  (Read 3712 times)
michaelmclees (OP)

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:31:31 PM

I just think you're being more than a little dishonest in your assessment of Martian Botcoins and the like with respect to whether or not they're so valuable that merged mining with Bitcoin is too risky for the users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:36:37 PM

You evidently have not closely followed the history of merged mining.

Shop around the major pools, find out how much it will cost you to obtain enough hashing power to reasonably secure a chain.

Oh and by the way in which jurisdictions are you licensed to operate a currency backed by precious metals, since you consider jurisdiction so important?

The main reason that GRouPcoin has managed to operate so long un-molested is that it is not considered valuable. Raise its value even up to namecoin or litecoin levels and it is very likely to be attacked rather than added to the average miner's panoply of merged mined coins.

Even when GRouPcoin does get hashing power comparable to at least that enjoyed by Namecoin, if its value were to grow much beyond namecoin's it still might find that actually part of why namecoin is so cheap is because it is so insecure (so low in hashing power)...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:40:49 PM

It could well be that Open Transactions would work well for what I'm doing, but that isn't what I'm advertising, is it?

Can you explain why you can't just use Ripple for what you propose?
It has been proposed to you like half a dozen time on this thread, and so far you haven't bothered giving a proper answer.
Nobody is going to help you if you don't clarify why your project needs to run as a proof-of-work currency.

Growing the bounty 1 oz at a time won't help much either: 4 oz of silver doesn't even amount to 1 BTC.
Unless you convince people that this is something useful, you aren't going to get developers flocking in droves to help you at this price. Now if you change 4oz of silver for 4oz of gold, it's a different story Wink
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:48:41 PM

Can you explain why you can't just use Ripple for what you propose?
It has been proposed to you like half a dozen time on this thread, and so far you haven't bothered giving a proper answer.
Nobody is going to help you if you don't clarify why your project needs to run as a proof-of-work currency.

A couple of reasons.  1 - As far as I can tell, Ripple isn't even open source, so having anyone audit the code is basically impossible.  2 - I like the idea of a blockchain with miners setting the transaction fees.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:50:15 PM

Well we can figure a ballpark for the transaction fees: at least $54,000 per day...

Just to start. But if they get to modify them, we can expect them to rise sharply from there...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:53:20 PM

Just to start. But if they get to modify them, we can expect them to rise sharply from there...

Right up to the point that users refuse to pay such fees.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:54:19 PM

In other words, right up to the point where miners refuse to mine the coin.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:58:18 PM

All this crap is why I am still intending to do the Massively Merged Mining project.

Basically we should be able to afford to pay miners more than any other pool can afford to pay them, if we simply merged mine every coin that we can.

Once we have truly massive hashing power in the Massively Merged Mining project we can add more coins easily, so at that point we should be able to very easily just add your proposed coins into the merge and our miners need not even know or care since they will already be making more mining at a MMM pool than at any other pool.

So lets get that massive hashing power marshalled...

-MarkM-

Mr. White

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:07:01 PM

lol, it's a nice idea.... it's never gonna work, or make actual money...
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:09:43 PM

Wanted - Programmer for 2 new alt-coins (BOUNTY - 4oz of silver OR BTC)

I'll take the 4oz of BTC.

michaelmclees (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:55:49 PM

Bump to 5oz of silver shipped to you for this project or an agreed upon Bitcoin amount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: