Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ONCE IN A LIFETIME DOMIAN [COINBASE.IO]  (Read 15886 times)
bitcointrad3r (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:17:52 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 03:31:04 AM by bitcointrad3r

Coinbase.io is 1 year and 5 months old Coinbase.com has not taken it (because they can't)

I am selling the domain coinbase.io
Proof: http://coinbase.io/proof.html
I am taking offers now, the domain is available for transfer in two weeks from now if you want to buy with PayPal/bitcoin.
If you would like to pay via credit/debit through park.io as middleman, the sal can be made immediately.
Serious offers only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 06:31:57 PM

I don't think you (or the new owner) are allowed to use this domain (trademark)

See this: https://trademarks.justia.com/861/37/coinbase-86137226.html

bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:42:23 PM

only if you use it for
Providing temporary use of online non-downloadable software for use in electronically trading, storing, sending, receiving, accepting and transmitting digital currency, and managing digital currency payment and exchange transactions
Urbex

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:46:50 PM

Just because someone owns a copyright doesn't mean they own EVERY domain name without purchasing it lol
bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:36:51 PM

Just because someone owns a copyright doesn't mean they own EVERY domain name without purchasing it lol
exactly
FifaCoinsSupplier

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 09:25:14 PM

Great domain, bookmarked

bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:10:49 AM

Great domain, bookmarked
This is gonna go fast guys
WeatherChaser

Activity: 207

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:31:29 AM

WRONG. Coinbase can take this domain away from you and pay you $0.00

http://www.domainsherpa.com/6-ways-to-recover-a-domain-name-from-an-infringing-cybersquatter/

This happened to a friend of mine who own a "Hotmail" domain and Microsoft got it within a few weeks and he walked away with $0.

Social Media Expert For Hire
President and CEO of a large news media network
bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 01:39:09 AM

http://www.domainsherpa.com/6-ways-to-recover-a-domain-name-from-an-infringing-cybersquatter/

This happened to a friend of mine who own a "Hotmail" domain and Microsoft got it within a few weeks and he walked away with $0.
If you don't intend to use it to create customer confusion or sell back to the trademark owner, there is no violation
FifaCoinsSupplier

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 02:01:28 PM

Sent pm regarding this

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:05:50 PM

Not true. This is not how it works. look up "Trump.org". This guy got sued by Trump Inc for trademark infringement, and won (Trump inc didn't pushed the lawsuite tho), this means you can use domains of other companies if you do not intend to use it for malware, or confuse customers/try to make profit from it, from what i've read.

But, i am not sure if domains such as gmaio.com are allowed. Anyone knows?

bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:30:02 PM

Not true. This is not how it works. look up "Trump.org". This guy got sued by Trump Inc for trademark infringement, and won (Trump inc didn't pushed the lawsuite tho), this means you can use domains of other companies if you do not intend to use it for malware, or confuse customers/try to make profit from it, from what i've read.

Gmail could be taken only if the website is related to gmail in any way like a phishing site or a clone. If its just a normal random site it would be fine because trademarks don't cover mis spellings unless its meant to distract or confuse customers
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:34:49 PM

Gmail could be taken only if the website is related to gmail in any way like a phishing site or a clone. If its just a normal random site it would be fine because trademarks don't cover mis spellings unless its meant to distract or confuse customers

Yep it's a case by case basis. Obviously if you're trying to steal customers it's copyright infringement. Coinbase is an actual blockchain term so if you use it for anything to do with bitcoins that isn't an exchange you aren't infringing on any copyright.
bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

Yep it's a case by case basis. Obviously if you're trying to steal customers it's copyright infringement. Coinbase is an actual blockchain term so if you use it for anything to do with bitcoins that isn't an exchange you aren't infringing on any copyright.
So this is similar to blockchain.info wallet, blockchain is a bitcoin term so people could use blockchain in other domains and not make a wallet and be fine
FifaCoinsSupplier

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 03:34:58 PM

So this is similar to blockchain.info wallet, blockchain is a bitcoin term so people pcould use blockchain in other domains and not make a wallet and be fine
So a bitcoin related chat room is okay

superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 04:23:08 PM

I don't think it can be used to any bitcoin related business.
But ... it is just my opinion. It could be right or wrong.

bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:14:00 AM

As long as its not a coinbase copycat or a phishing site you will be fine
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 03:52:55 AM

I've had two domains taken from me like this and I will tell you what, even if it is legal for you to own it, they will threaten you with legal action anyway and come at you because they can. Is the domain really worth that to you? Do you have the resources to fight it? It's not worth risking in my opinion....But hell what do I know?

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:21:30 AM

I own the domain paypaltobitcoin I also own a cease and desist from a court.I can't use it sell it or renew it without breaking a court order.
bitcointrad3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:30:01 AM

I own the domain paypaltobitcoin I also own a cease and desist from a court.I can't use it sell it or renew it without breaking a court order.
Thats completely different. Coinbase's wordmark is only "COINBASE EXCHANGE" and their trademark covers trading storing and transferring of digital currency. And since coinbase was already an existing term used in bitcoin the domain can be used as long as the service doesn't interfere with the services of coinbase.com

Coinbase.io is 1 year and 5 months old. If I would have gotten a cease and desist I would have already gotten it
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: