Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:50:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Afterburner "Unofficial Overclocking" GUIDE  (Read 64796 times)
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 05:06:30 PM

After typing in those commands in the config file of MSI afterburner.I still don't have the options to overclock my GPU beyond limits.

I'll upload a copy of my cfg file and see if u guys can show me what wrong in there?

or if possible,(since I'm an inexperienced user of MSi afterburner),attach the amended cfg file from some1 who's more experienced with this tool.

Looks Like I can't attach files here,I'll have to display all that text in this post.Oh well,here it is:
[Properties]
ShowGeneralTab         = 1
ShowFanTab         = 1
ShowMonitoringTab      = 1
ShowOnScreenDisplayTab      = 1
ShowScreenCaptureTab      = 1
ShowVideoCaptureTab      = 1
ShowProfilesTab         = 1
ShowUserInterfaceTab      = 1

[Settings]
Skin             = compact.usf
StartMinimized         = 0
StartWithWindows      = 0
RememberSettings      = 0
FirstRun         = 1
FirstUserDefineClick      = 1
FirstServerRun         = 1
HwPollPeriod         = 1000
MMIOPageSize         = 4
PCIBusFilter         = -10h
ShowTooltips         = 1
ShowHints         = 1
PauseInSuspendedMode      = 1
CurrentGpu         = 0
Sync            = 1
AttachMonitoringWindow      = 1
MonitoringWindowOnTop      = 1
ShowPerformanceProfilerStatus   = 0
LCDFont            = font4x6.dat
LCDScrollTimerPeriod      = 30
UnlockVoltageControl      = 0
UnlockVoltageMonitoring      = 0
ShowOSDTime         = 0
RestoreAfterSuspendedMode   = 0
StartupViaTaskScheduler      = 1
StartupDelay         = 0
MinMonitoringGraphHeight   = -1
LocalizationDebugFlags      = 0
EnableLog         = 0
RecreateLog         = 0
LogPath            =
DontStopLoggingOnWriteFailure   = 0
LogLimit         = 10
ForceConstantVoltage      = 0
AllowCaptureVoltageDefaults   = 0
Link            = 1
UseDirectInputHotkeyHandler   = 1
SendToTrayOnClose      = 0
DataFilteringThreshold      = 10
ScreenCaptureFolder      =
ScreenCaptureFormat      = bmp
ScreenCaptureQuality      = 100
VideoCaptureFormat      = MJPG
VideoCaptureFolder      =
VideoCaptureQuality      = 85
VideoCaptureFramerate      = 30
VideoCaptureFramesize      = 2
VideoCaptureThreads      = FFFFFFFFh
FanSpeedReadbackDelay      = 1000
CaptureOSD         = 1

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking   = 1
UnofficialOverclockingEULA   = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it.
UnofficialOverclockingMode   = 2
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod   = 0

[NVAPIHAL]
ClockDomainIdWorkaround      = -1

Hope this helps.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 08:38:13 PM

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking   = 1
UnofficialOverclockingEULA   = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it.
UnofficialOverclockingMode   = 2

These are the only values to change! You have them right, so if you didn't change anything else it should be fine!
In AB, do your clocks show as 000? If this is the case, it is your driver! If the clocks are fine, try a re-install of AB, or a different version.

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:41:47 AM

Ryn,the clocks don't show up like 000,so it's not the driver at fault.Either a reinstall of AB or install the beta may help.

You'd think for a overclocking program for enthusiast and occasional overclockers that AB would work 100% because you are dealing with changing voltages and clock speeds so it ought to be more reliable really.

At least ATIWinflash worked perfect 1st time in unlocking my shaders on my card (i didn't do a full conversion into HD 6970 due to energy use and risk concerns)

RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 05:32:46 AM

Ryn,the clocks don't show up like 000,so it's not the driver at fault.Either a reinstall of AB or install the beta may help.

You'd think for a overclocking program for enthusiast and occasional overclockers that AB would work 100% because you are dealing with changing voltages and clock speeds so it ought to be more reliable really.

At least ATIWinflash worked perfect 1st time in unlocking my shaders on my card (i didn't do a full conversion into HD 6970 due to energy use and risk concerns)

It does *usually* OC ANY card, but some won't have V-control since MSI doesn't support certain VRMs.
However, all reference cards are supposed to be supported by MSI AB.
I didn't link to the Beta version since it only has a limited license, and for the noObs, a full version is the best way to go. That way they don't have to re-install it every few weeks! I'd say any version 2.1+ *should* be fine.

I did the full unlock to my 6950, and it didn't go so well, so I settled for the shader only mod, and am very happy with it! It's doing 415Mh/s @ 935 core and stock volts! Never sees 40°C (I'm on water Grin)!

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

Unwinder has modified MSIAfterburner to control two cards without xfire bridge & synchronization enabled.

I don't know if it can control more than 3 or more cards this way, as I only have two cards. Maybe someone with 3 or more cards could test it and leave feedback?

Found here.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4085446&postcount=9
RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:01:20 PM

I currently run a 6950, and 2 5830's using MSI AB! No CF bridge, no synced settings! Each card has different clocks/profiles! And a 5850 and two 5770's in another rig, same deal!

Currently running 2.1.0

Can't say about 4 or more cards though!

pekv2

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 06:06:38 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 06:26:32 PM by pekv2

I currently run a 6950, and 2 5830's using MSI AB! No CF bridge, no synced settings! Each card has different clocks/profiles! And a 5850 and two 5770's in another rig, same deal!

Currently running 2.1.0

Awesome!

Can't say about 4 or more cards though!

I just rofl.

Edit:

The problem for me with anything before 2.2.0 beta6 was, I could not control my second card without a bridge and 11.8 driver.

Unwinder just came out with MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 beta 7 in which now includes a ton of updates and not just a ton of updates but

• Added unofficial overclocking support for AMD graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop
• Improved Catalyst version detection for AMD graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop

New MSI Afterburner found here MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 7 (2011-09-06)
RyNinDaCleM (OP)
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:17:51 AM

Resurrected!

Edit:

The problem for me with anything before 2.2.0 beta6 was, I could not control my second card without a bridge and 11.8 driver.

Unwinder just came out with MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 beta 7 in which now includes a ton of updates and not just a ton of updates but

• Added unofficial overclocking support for AMD graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop
• Improved Catalyst version detection for AMD graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop

I never caught the "edit" before!
Does this mean, that I don't have to have each card as an "Extended desktop"? So, no more programs opening up on other desktops which have no monitors connected?
If this is the case, I just might have to update mine!
I've been slippin' lately on my software updates!

pekv2

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 03:37:50 AM

Resurrected!

Edit:

I never caught the "edit" before!
Does this mean, that I don't have to have each card as an "Extended desktop"? So, no more programs opening up on other desktops which have no monitors connected?
If this is the case, I just might have to update mine!
I've been slippin' lately on my software updates!

Would be kinda nice if the boards showed an edit time, I edited it around I think 2 hours after words of posting.

I have not seen any happenings like that at all with drivers 11.8. As 11.6, 11.7 and up, dummy plugs are not required for if you didn't know.

As of the moment, I am using 11.8, and trixx because it is cooler out, I can overvolt one of my cards, MSIAfterburner cannot overvolt any of my cards.

Unwinder just released 2.2.0 Beta 8 few days ago. For your info and for others info.

May be found here, the discussion & download link.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=70a7a30ee45f5efd442616e2f0751654&t=351678

Does this mean, that I don't have to have each card as an "Extended desktop"?

For 11.6 and up, you don't have to do anything, install any of 11.6 and up, pull off your dummy plug or monitor, drivers will do the rest and I didn't have to have mine extended. Smiley It just sits as disabled card but is still read by guiminer if i recall correctly, been a while since I took a look at hardware info under CCC.

Also, you can have xfire bridge on two cards if you like. Enable/disable crossfire in CCC as that is what I do from time to time to do a little gaming, instead of taking the bridge off and putting it back on, I just leave it on and have crossfire disabled while mining and enabled when I game etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: