Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Youtube a video sharing platform project | Open source | Community |  (Read 871 times)
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 06:55:27 PM

I-Introduction

I forgot my adblocker off yesterday, and my eyes were hurt. Ads everywhere! But ads that don’t support the cryptocurrencies, preferring the FIAT monopoly over the new generation.
One big platform that has kept his eyes closed toward the crypto world is Youtube which is censorship compliant with both the governments and the institutions, and we already know their point of view when it comes to the blockchain.
We say it’s enough of Youtube’s Crypto Ignorance.
Bitcoin Youtube is an open source project, that will emerge to be a Youtube like platform that will accept only cryptocurrency.
We won’t wait any more to be accepted. We’re making our own open-source platform with a priority on promoting Bitcoin and the blockchain as well introducing them to the marketing sector. This is how the cryptos will get one step closer of being an accepted cryptocurrency!
So, I am opening doors to all marketers, developers, financial managers, escrows and others to come and participate in developing this platform.
Remember that the magnitude of the bitcoin invention can be compared with Marko Polo’s banknote discovery. Today we are facing a world where the technology is raised to a level, where everyone can fake banknotes, but no one can fake a bitcoin.
Despite the fact, that bitcoin’s value is higher than gold, his use is still limited.
Thus, is why I believe that we need a platform like Bitcoin-Youtube that will create new opportunities by spreading the word about Bitcoin, therefore improving the Bitcoin ecosystem.
Important to note, 70% of bitcoin is speculation, and youtuber's who creates content about Bitcoin are paid in FIAT, which is an obvious situation. Bitcoin is non-governmental, decentralised, available world-wide.

II- Roadmap:

1- Finding a name: Anyone can propose a name. The propositions will be listed in a poll for approbation.
2- Github repository: In order to start the development, a GitHub repository is mandatory as it is a powerful tool to manage projects, and it offers a great transparency, we could use a bitcoin-like release/issue/commit workflow. Any developer is welcomed.
3- Escrows management: As the project is open source, and it can generate revenues, I suggest to ask for escrows to hold and manage the funds.
4- Preparation for the development phase: As soon as all the conditions are met, we should start the development of the platform and prepare a release, this part shall be discussed further as I know that it may require a lot of resources, and we have to list them all in order to know if we are ready to go further.

III- Conclusion
As I already said, this project is open source and totally free to use. It is a gift to the bitcoin community. The revenues shall be used for the maintenance of the project, if there are benefits made of it then they will be kept by an escrow to fund other projects made for the community. I will personally donate 1 year worth of servers for this project and I will also try to participate to the development with the languages I know: PHP JS HTML CSS, and in the design PS.

I created an IRC channel, i will do my best to be as available as possible. ##bitcoin-youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 02:13:29 AM

What about BTCstream?

Do you have any work in advance or only the idea?

davis196

Activity: 2940
Merit: 904

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:30:07 AM

You say that Bitcoin Youtube will accept only cryptocurrency.For what?
For paying for advertising or for premium content/accounts?
It will be almost impossible to compete with Youtube and i really doubt that this project might generate enough revenue to cover all the costs.
I`m not a big Youtube fan ,but they dominate and maybe 99% of the bitcoin supporters and promoters use YT to promote bitcoin.

BTCmax24

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:42:40 AM

May I suggest BTC World Discovery Channel
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:56:32 AM

Nice idea, but the issue here is how do you want to monetize the site, taking on site like Youtube requires alot of resource technical and financial resources, all this ads you complain about is the way the platform makes their money.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:57:36 AM

Yeah tube power! would you want someone with a username like mine to be part of the team?  Grin
There were some tokens already about tube or video sharing such as vidz, are you sure you want to compete those coins?

What about BTCstream?

What about xbtube?
nemgun (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 01:16:50 PM

What about BTCstream?

I checked in google BTCstream and i think it is a channel right ? if so, then i don't think it is related to what i though about.

You say that Bitcoin Youtube will accept only cryptocurrency.For what?
For paying for advertising or for premium content/accounts?
It will be almost impossible to compete with Youtube and i really doubt that this project might generate enough revenue to cover all the costs.
I`m not a big Youtube fan ,but they dominate and maybe 99% of the bitcoin supporters and promoters use YT to promote bitcoin.

Because i want to be made for bitcoin, how can you promote bitcoin and his sister coins, or altcoins, and any other ecosystem member without dedicating yourself to them ?
It is mainly for content creators, we could reward them in bitcoin instead of FIAT. I don't think that premium content is in the mood of "Open Source" or "Free to use".
I am not thinking about competing with youtube, see it as a bitcoin revolution, something who will help propagating his usage. Do you have an idea about the possible expences ?
Why shall we use youtube ? can't we work on our own ?

May I suggest BTC World Discovery Channel

Noted, will add this entry to the poll, if people agress to that.

Nice idea, but the issue here is how do you want to monetize the site, taking on site like Youtube requires alot of resource technical and financial resources, all this ads you complain about is the way the platform makes their money.

Well, this is the role of marketers and SEOs, do not think that it is that expencive, the main source of expences are servers for content storage.
Personally i am not complaining about youtube ads in the videos, as long as i can skip them after 5 seconds. But maybe there are other ways to monetize without been annoying.

Yeah tube power! would you want someone with a username like mine to be part of the team?  Grin
There were some tokens already about tube or video sharing such as vidz, are you sure you want to compete those coins?

What about BTCstream?

What about xbtube?

As long as you wish to help, you are welcome.
Nothing is talking about competition, and i don't think we have the same objectives, there will be no coin creation as she aleready exists, it is bitcoin.
i did a google search about xbtube, is it a channel too ?

Now i would like people to notice that there will be no ICO in this project, no "pay to access" or any other thing like that, it is an idea, and i want to know if it is possible to have enough supporters to start the project. this is why there is nothing done yet.
Kepp in minde that it is benevolent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: