Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:29:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim Bakery refuses to bake cake for Gay Wedding?  (Read 2040 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:34:09 AM

We are arguing semantics, let me explain.

While you can't discriminate per se, you can make up pretty shitty reasons to legally deny service. Like the no shirt no shoes thing. It actually is enforceable, because it is a reasonable accommodation that would detract from the business if not followed (you could not ride in my cab with no pants, for example. GTFO). If you are a federally state subsidized institution, the burden of proof on your "reasonable accommodation" would be a bit higher. But as a private institution, on private land, you have a bit of brevity on how you conduct business. Not all publically available businesses are open for public access, like factories for example (you can't get on the grounds without clearance). They can be very creative finding reasons why they cant fill your order, if they don't want to.

Not very smart are you .

How do you think this Muslim got caught ..Derrr hidden cam   Roll Eyes

HIDDEN CAM: #GayWeddingCakes at Muslim Bakeries? - YouTube
Video for muslim bakery refusing gay wedding▶ 5:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

We are in the same side man, relax  Grin I don't think they should have been discriminated against. Its not fair to be singled out because you prefer dick over pussy. With that being said, for the aforementioned reasons, I don't think anyone in private industry should be forced to transact with customers they don't want to. If they are, it's pretty much slavery (being forced to perform a task that you have no desire to). I don't care how they got caught, I'm not defending them. Fuck them, if that makes you feel happy. But I won't back down from my statement that business owners should have a choice in who they serve. Would you sell ammo to a warlord? Or baking soda to a crack dealer? And if we are talking about discrimination, lets address the unfairness of having to defy ones religious beliefs to satisfy a customer. I'm a Christian, there is no way in hell (or heaven for that matter) you will get me to bake a cake with a satanic phrase on it. Not only would I be violating my religion, to me, I would be damning my very soul, my most valuable possession. Should I be punished for my faith? Over a goddamned cake?

The cake, in this instance, is indeed a lie.
It makes no difference if your on my side ..
You said how can you catch them.  As if to say they could make another excuse ?

So i was just saying your not very smart a video cam Grin..

I hate Islam so i don't think i have a right to refuse a MUSLIM from my shop..
I opened up as a public shop.
What i am saying is if we start on gays we can start on blacks whites anything really..

When really by law it's discrimination ..

Now if i could i would ban anyone who is religious BUT i cannot Cry Cry Cry..

But just correcting you sir not getting at you Wink..LIKE FACTS
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:46:59 AM

I'm saying they were dumb. They only got caught because they didn't play the game right. They could have easily had a "full schedule" that made it so they couldn't accept the order. This is only news because they were assholes about this.

And this already happened to black people. It was called existing in America before the civil rights movement. We couldn't even walk in the store to make an order  Grin we survived until the law changed. We did business with reasonable individuals, or did business with ourselves.

Fact is, I don't want a government to force a private business owner to serve me if they don't want to. Fuck them. They don't want my business, I sure as hell don't want to give them my money.

You say you hate a Muslim. Why would you want to serve someone that you hate? Don't you want the right to choose? Choose where your product, made by your hands with your skill, ends up?

So if you had a print shop, you would be comfortable selling ISIS pamphlets if someone asked you to do so, correct? I mean, they are a customer..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:02:47 AM

I'm saying they were dumb. They only got caught because they didn't play the game right. They could have easily had a "full schedule" that made it so they couldn't accept the order. This is only news because they were assholes about this.

And this already happened to black people. It was called existing in America before the civil rights movement. We couldn't even walk in the store to make an order  Grin we survived until the law changed. We did business with reasonable individuals, or did business with ourselves.

Fact is, I don't want a government to force a private business owner to serve me if they don't want to. Fuck them. They don't want my business, I sure as hell don't want to give them my money.

You say you hate a Muslim. Why would you want to serve someone that you hate? Don't you want the right to choose? Choose where your product, made by your hands with your skill, ends up?

So if you had a print shop, you would be comfortable selling ISIS pamphlets if someone asked you to do so, correct? I mean, they are a customer..

I don't agree..You see if your selling   advertising your business to the public you should have no rights
by law to refuse anyone unless the law says it's banned..

It's not about your business it's about humanity getting along ..

It's saving your business and saving your life..If no business law this is what will happen..

I am black or gay or white and one day i walk in a shop and the shop keeper gets funny because he doesn't
like my colour or because i am gay i could quite easily wait till the shop is closed and petrol bomb that shop

Or if i am really crazy do it while your in it..

Now that's why the law steps in it saves your business or your life..
To discriminate against a person can start a lot of trouble ..
So that's why the law steps in because it keeps the business peace ..LESS TROUBLE.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:06:17 AM

We will agree to disagree then. I still love you anyway.

Which, hilariously, brings me to the root of this argument. Free speech Wink
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:12:01 AM

We will agree to disagree then. I still love you anyway.

Which, hilariously, brings me to the root of this argument. Free speech Wink
Free speech Wink  ALWAYS Wink..I love you too my earth bro or sister

live long and prosper  Wink

tetrisbattle

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:32:02 AM

muslim too care about wedding, marriage and etc......
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:48:47 PM

Christians are supposed to be civilized by now so if this happened in a Christian bakery then they should be lambasted by the media.

Muslims are backward creatures 100 years behind the Christians. When they do these kinds of things then everyone thinks its normal behavior. So why cover it in the media? These beasts kill their own children when they embarrass them. Whats not wanting to bake a cake compare to that?

This is savage but unfortunately true. You still see parents killing their children (mostly daughters) because they want to marry someone or because they fell in love with a non-Muslim. It seem that they're getting a free pass using their religion card while everyone else face ridicule at the mere insinuation of bias.

And this already happened to black people. It was called existing in America before the civil rights movement. We couldn't even walk in the store to make an order  Grin we survived until the law changed. We did business with reasonable individuals, or did business with ourselves.

Unless it's the only shop in town offering that good/service, yeah, I'd definitely walk out the door, shake my shoes and curse the establishment. If they don't want my money, fine, there are others there willing to take it. But just as they are "free" to turn me away, I'm also free to leave a "review" to warn others that they may not be welcome. It would be up to them if they'd boycott it.

Of course this is assuming they turned me away politely. If they insulted me, the gloves come off. They'll be out of business. Cheesy

As for the ISIS pamphlets, I believe you might get sued for helping distribute such materials, so whatever your view is the wise response is to refuse them service.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: