Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alternative to bfl/avalon  (Read 1824 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:20:09 AM

hello.
so avalon is cool and all but producing in low quantities. sold out.
bfl. no comment

are there currently any real ALTERNATIVES to those being developed? i haven't heard any but may be interested in some other options!

ok
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:07:31 AM

ASIC miner
random ASIC start-up

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:01:03 AM

Very high risk, delivery time is critical, if you paid a lot to buy some ASIC which can not be delivered in 1-2 months time frame, then it might never get enough return to cover the original cost

Of course when the total hash rate passed 1PH, the difficulty growth will slow down. But it is still risk that there will be many ASIC devices entering the market later part of the year, the better choice is to buy bitcoin directly

Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

The only alternatives are people like me who are working on developing new FPGA or ASIC rigs. However as far as ASIC goes, I have to go into the group buy in for those Avalon chips.

I don't know how many Engineers like myself sit around these forums, but those who do are busy working on something I imagine.
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:02:53 PM

I am trying to bootstrap an alternative company by buying chips from Avalon now while developing ability to operate independently.  I want to recruit a team of engineers who want to work full time on bitcoin mining devices.  I am sufficiently capitalized and trying to move quickly on this, but there is no job posting section of bitcointalk.org.

But there is a great deal of suspicion and animosity towards any startups right now due to the disappointment of BFL and BASIC and the outright scam of primeasic.  That's something my company will have to overcome.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180192.0

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:16:59 PM

How large of a team are you looking for?

I'm about to receive a B.S. in both Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and I'm already working on my Master's. So once you start looking for a team, if you're not already, PM me.
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:20:52 PM

2-4 people starting May 1, with more added later as needed. Please send by e-mail or pm resume with cover letter, here is the job announcement in project development board:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=180315.msg1882000#msg1882000

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:58:05 AM

you could help me build a Tera hashing miner...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179033.0
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:25:26 AM

the better choice is to buy bitcoin directly

The volatility of Bitcoin is comparable to a penny stock - it's not a worthy investment in of itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: