Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2017, 10:40:54 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USING SOLAR PANELS TO MINE BTC?  (Read 11307 times)
wmabern

Activity: 490

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:34:41 PM

Solar is the way to go, here where I live, we get 8+ hours of usable direct sunlight per day. I'm in Florida close to the equator and residential electricity runs $0.125 /KWh

Florida is about 7,000 or so miles north of the equator. But since you seem to be an Auburn fan, it's understandable. LOL  Grin
Go Gamecocks!!!  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jexphe2k

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:30:27 AM

i have SOLAR panel mounted on my e-bike....im thinking of doing this btc mining also....but how much is the mining machine?
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:37:58 AM

This would be a great alternative for the usual powerhungry mining equipment, I hope solarpanels make rapid developments to ensure a higher light-power ratio.
Qartersa

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

This sounds interesting! However, using solar panels to mine Bitcoins is a very costly venture and a very risky one. True that the cost may be well compensated later on since it will save electricity in the long run. However, one must not forget the status quo of Bitcoin in the market as of writing. One cannot just invest too much without having at least an inch of guarantee that Bitcoin will eventually flourish in the sense that it will attain a certain level of legality in all countries to benefit its investors.

There is no denying that this is a nice idea but one must weigh things accordingly.   

Pamadar

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:35:38 PM

i have SOLAR panel mounted on my e-bike....im thinking of doing this btc mining also....but how much is the mining machine?
that's the question mate, but if you have money to invest and you have the right place to get solar energy bitcoin is really
profitable as we see how fast the value really moves up, its a matter of good study and research before entering this business
good luck to you.

Danu26

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

Have you ever thought about this?
Never thought of

If successful is definitely not maximal.....
BigLoser

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:26:43 PM

It will cost  you more than you mined BTC
but if you are doing in large Form, then it may work out (my view)
VitorPl4y

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:19:20 AM

Yes, it could work. The only problem is the price to install solar panels. But if you already have, I think it's a good way to make some money without having to spend a lot on equipments to avoid losing money with energy power.

darthmaul

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:21:14 AM

Yes, it could work. The only problem is the price to install solar panels. But if you already have, I think it's a good way to make some money without having to spend a lot on equipments to avoid losing money with energy power.

It can give you freedom of electricity but you have to invest first to get hold of it. The initial cost should be as much low as you wouldn't pay electricity bill for atlas next 1 year otherwise it is not affordable. Also, you must check your area's "weather trend"to know whether it is sunny all the time or atlas 60-70% of total year. Because if you reside in an area where there is rainy season like for 4-6 months then what the use of solar panel. It produces very very low energy in that period and you may end up with turning on your TV at the max.! So consider all these factors, make study of everything as this investment is perfect but costly too. Wink

▐   FootballCoin                 FANTASY FOOTBALL MANAGER REVOLUTION                         More Info
▐   FootballCoin                    GAME RULES | SCORING SYSTEM | FAQ                             JOIN NOW
▐   FootballCoin      Collectible Cards and Tokens Issued on the Bitcoin Blockchain         ANN Thread
miningmyownbusiness

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:13:55 AM

I use solar powered fans to keep my rigs running cool.....   The fans are pretty cheap, about 35 dollars for a 12 inch fan and they really make a big difference!
MachineZero

Activity: 141

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:46:40 AM

I use solar powered fans to keep my rigs running cool.....   The fans are pretty cheap, about 35 dollars for a 12 inch fan and they really make a big difference!

Very cool. Please add a link. This is something that can benefit home miners with decent ROI

MMysterious

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:59:36 PM

It might actually work plus summer is here so it could save me higher bills in the future. But the downside is that you should invest your earnings too to buy those solar panels.

just_Alice

Activity: 322

Would u tell me which way I ought to go from here?

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:56:21 PM

You can check for the one of the best miners here:

https://www.bitmain.com/

In short they are over $1k. Also you'll need much more powerful solar panel than that on your e-bike, I guess.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
stevano

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:19:31 PM

Have you ever thought about this?

It's been a long time to think by me but the problem is very high cost at the beginning, it's only just in the future only the cost of maintenance only.

Mbah Tyo

Activity: 182

wonderful work in the world bitcoin

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:37:45 AM

It might actually work plus summer is here so it could save me higher bills in the future. But the downside is that you should invest your earnings too to buy those solar panels.

Actually to make solar panels is expensive at first course, the future almost no cost anymore except for the cost of care

RENATA612

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:43:40 PM

Every time when I have heard about mining and the electricity I thought about solar panels. This way seems me very profitable, of course in the case if you live in some place where there are a lot of sunny days. But nobody gives solar panels for free yet. So, it's going to be investment which you will be able to cover like in a year with the current price for panels and bitcoin.

I think so only using solar panels is the most efficient, to menamban bitcoin when compared with the electricity supply from the country will pay a higher

prass tyo

Activity: 151

keberuntungan itu pasti akan selalu ada

View Profile
Today at 02:44:33 AM

Using solar energy as the source of power for bitcoin mining operation is a good way to save power and electric expenses. I have thought about it before when I was still mining bitcoins using antminer s5. But even though I will install solar panels I will still need to replace my hardware due the difficulty of mining blocks. Mining with S5 nowadays is no longer that profitable and so I sold my machines. If I had only enough funds I will purchase new hardware and install a solar panel on the roof of our house.

In my area all year long sunshine is very good mined bitcoin, but I do not have enough funds to buy solar powered devices, because in the area I still rarely use the tool, plus the device to mine now also very expensive

TeamMollyMassive

Activity: 16

My girls in my trap team all Baggin Cryptos!!!

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:47:05 AM

Look into oxy hydro electric generators and Thermo electric generators. Wink

https://soundcloud.com/teammollymassive
matuson

Activity: 28

View Profile
Today at 10:20:47 AM

It seems to me that you are much easier and cheaper to use a generator that produces electricity when you pedal your bike than solar panels. Much easier to put a mini power station on a mountain stream and mine there.

WhyFuture.com ▄▀ LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE
HeroC

Activity: 812

GPG: FA122C1A | IRC: HeroCC

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:47:12 PM

I mean, it would cut down on your electricity bill, but it would be negligible unless you run a tiny farm or have a huge solar array.

ChipMixer.com.|.Mixing reinvented for your privacy.|.ChipMixerwzxtzbw.onion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.