Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing transactions?  (Read 599 times)
SuiSuss (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:59:37 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 04:58:32 AM by SuiSuss

Hi all,

I am getting a bot confused.  I have two btc transactions which were showing up on blockchain.info as being unconfirmed.

So I waited.  After one of the transactions was 1 day old and the second transaction (sent to another address) was 2 days old,  both of these transactions dossappeared from blockchain.info.

To confuse me further,  the source wallet has been used successfully to transfer btc in the past.

So now I am wondering,  where for art thy bitcoins?  Has the transactions been canned?  If so how long would it be before my bitcoins arrive back in their source wallet?

One of the destination addreses was 15QqHjs1zaPTg2hjneaL7L1mkpxf4YBHFA

Please accept my apologies if this is a NooB question.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:03:26 AM

From what you describe, transactions disappeared because they were dropped from mempools. Funds should be back to where they were sent from. Please check it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7979

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:04:13 AM

Hi all,

I am getting a bot confused.  I have two btc transactions which were showing up on blockchain.info as being unconfirmed.

So I waited.  After one of the transactions was 1 day old and the second transaction (sent to another address) was 2 days old,  both of these transactions dossappeared from blockchain.info.

To confuse me further,  the source wallet has been used successfully to transfer btc in the past.

So now I am wondering,  where for art thy bitcoins?  Has the transactions been canned?  If so how long would it be before my bitcoins arrive back in their source wallet?

One of the destination addreses was 15QqHjs1zaPTg2hjneaL7L1mkpxf4YBHFA

Please accept my apologies if this is a NooB question.

So the destination address doesn't help us to investigate the problem.  We would need the transaction ID.
I would imagine based on the backlog of unconfirmed transactions that your issue is related to attaching too low a fee.  If you can post the txid, we could clarify.
SuiSuss (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:53:47 AM

Hi there,

I have just checked the originsting and destination wallets and the btc is nowhere.

How can i look up the transaction id?

Blockinfo was showing both transactions with the right amount of btc yesterday but now its not showing even that.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:57:59 AM

Hi all,

I am getting a bot confused.  I have two btc transactions which were showing up on blockchain.info as being unconfirmed.

So I waited.  After one of the transactions was 1 day old and the second transaction (sent to another address) was 2 days old,  both of these transactions dossappeared from blockchain.info.

This only means that blockchain.info has decided not to show you the transactions anymore. Blockchain.info is not in control of bitcoin. There is nothing official about their block explorer. The transaction still exists and can still be confirmed if a miner decides to confirm it.  The only way to make it impossible for a valid transactionto be confirmed is to get a replacement transaction confirmed that spends the same inputs.

To confuse me further,  the source wallet has been used successfully to transfer btc in the past.

Then your wallet probably included a larger fee that time, or the fee requirements weren't as high.

So now I am wondering,  where for art thy bitcoins?

Same place they always were. Bitcoins are nothing more than a record in THE BLOCKCHAIN.  If there is no new confirmed record in the blockchain, then the old record is still confirmed and unspent.

Has the transactions been canned?

That depends on what you mean by "canned".

Some nodes (including blockchain.info) have decided to stop keeping track of the unconfirmed transaction.  Any node can re-broadcast it if they want to, and any miner that hasn't decided to stop keeping track of the transaction can still confirm it.

If so how long would it be before my bitcoins arrive back in their source wallet?

They never left. Until the unconfirmed transaction is confirmed, your wallet still has the ability to control the bitcoins. If your wallet doesn't show that, then you may need to figure out how to better use the wallet software, or you may need to start using a new wallet program.
SuiSuss (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:12:13 AM

Thank you very Much Danny.  That is an excellent set of explainations.  Awesome and well done
SuiSuss (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:21:26 AM

Interestingly blockchain.info is now showing the details again.  The transaction info is

https://blockchain.info/tx/ace437c61c25d1c79d1e42759bc02f05299299e39cc72751f74667f9db299d7d
SuiSuss (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:37:21 AM

All good,

Both transactions have gone through now.  It sure is a reliable system.  Next time i won't be as frugal with the tx fees.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7979

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:21:51 PM

All good,

Both transactions have gone through now.  It sure is a reliable system.  Next time i won't be as frugal with the tx fees.

The fees attached to

Interestingly blockchain.info is now showing the details again.  The transaction info is

https://blockchain.info/tx/ace437c61c25d1c79d1e42759bc02f05299299e39cc72751f74667f9db299d7d

that transaction seem fine with am attached fee of 107 satoshis per byte; of course, the recommended fee seems to change proportionally with the number of unconfirmed transactions and right now you might need to add a fee of 120+ sats/byte so it's better to check first.

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ <--- this place helps.

Now the other transaction you referred to -

the fee attached was very low @ ~27 satoshis per byte but it was high enough to use the accelerator tool at viaBTC had you told us the txid.  I don't recommend relying on the accelerator tool since it's getting quite popular and they only accept 100 txs per hour but it is a god send.

https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: