Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will create a forked bitcoin chain  (Read 6871 times)
wingding (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:59:23 PM

Can you develop a genetic proof of work that changes over time to prevent ASICs from dominating the ecosystem? Also how will you address transaction fees and the notion of colored coins? Are you writing a whitepaper like satoshi did to explain some things? I would be willing to help write code for you if we are philosophically aligned

See my original post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179961.msg1879143;topicseen#msg1879143
It explains more of the motivation and philosphy behind the concept. Not the technical solutions.

I started this thread here to get some opinions on the technical aspects - and I think many of the above replies raises interesting and relevant topics.
If you like my philosophy, I would be happy to discuss more with you. All intelligible contributions are highly appreciated Wink

PS: Would not the appearance of ASICS be handled easily by the increased difficulty adjustment? Yes, they may come to dominate, but does that pose a problem for the system as such?
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:01:37 PM

thanks

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
townf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:50:42 PM

Can you develop a genetic proof of work that changes over time to prevent ASICs from dominating the ecosystem?

I think LTC tries to address this by using script hash instead of SHA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: