Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] BitBills [GONE]  (Read 993 times)
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 09:07:40 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 12:28:51 AM by bg002h
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

Anybody remember BitBills? They predate casascius coins. More here, from Wayback: http://web.archive.org/web/20120518080136/http://bitbills.com/

Anyhow, I have a set to sell to sell if anyone is interested.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 05:21:14 AM

A full set entails 1, 5, 10, and 20 bitcoin bills. All funded, of course.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 05:50:35 AM

Interest comes with pics, got any to share? What's their condition? Are you the only owner?

What's the ask or are you waiting for the best bid?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 05:59:48 AM

You willing to sell them individually or only as a set?
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:58:21 AM

When was the last time there as been a full funded set for sale
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:12:38 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 11:35:30 AM by Gatorelf

I'm interested just not that rich lol

wow a complete set, I see you are a legendary member would love to hear the history of bitbills ( who funded etc) if you have some to share and of your purchase. 2011?
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:24:13 PM

wow a complete set, I see you are a legendary member would love to hear the history of bitbills ( who funded etc) if you have some to share and of your purchase. 2011?

I ordered two full sets in May 2011. BitBills was gone by September.  I don't know how many they ever sent off, but demand was huge and it took forever for some people to get theirs.  I  x-rayed a one bitcoin bill just to see if any metal pigment from the private key could be discovered. I posted on it here at the time.  I believe I sent that bill to Luke Dashjr (he was new to mining back then and was one of the few, if not the only,  mining pool operator being verifiably honest about  appropriately sharing block rewards with miners).

BitBills were the idea of a couple guys at MIT. One guy's name was Doug Feigelson.  They must've gotten good legal advice early on because they were not around long.  I believe they tried to patent this general idea of using a sticker to hide something, but I'm not certain how such an obvious idea could've been patented in the first place.

Anyhow, I defunded the incomplete set in 2012 or 2013. I still have a cut open 5, 10, and 20.  I have no idea when the last full set was sold.

bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:25:27 PM

You willing to sell them individually or only as a set?

I'm hoping to do it as a set. It would be nice to keep the history together.

bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:26:58 PM

Interest comes with pics, got any to share? What's their condition? Are you the only owner?

I gotta  swing by the bank to get pics.  I am the only owner.  Once I find a potential buyer we can discuss price.  They are in good shape.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 05:00:58 PM

I gotta  swing by the bank to get pics.  I am the only owner.  Once I find a potential buyer we can discuss price.  They are in good shape.

Thanks for the update!

I hadn't heard of these before your listing here. First physical representation of bitcoin, indeed! Here's some additional background on BitBills for interested parties: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitbills
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 05:11:41 PM

Thanks for the update!

I hadn't heard of these before your listing here. First physical representation of bitcoin, indeed! Here's some additional background on BitBills for interested parties: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitbills

The announcement thread, back before it was bitcoin_talk_.org (via wayback): http://web.archive.org/web/20110515100056/http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7724.0;all

bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:11:56 PM

Scratching my head on how to attach images. I'm not uploading these to another server and linking…that's so 1998. Any hints how to attach?

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:15:35 PM

Scratching my head on how to attach images. I'm not uploading these to another server and linking…that's so 1998. Any hints how to attach?

Unfortunately that's exactly what you will need to do here. Go to Imgur, upload a picture/s, click the arrow on the top right once it has uploaded, click "get share links", and choose the "Forum BB Code" option. Paste that link here, and it will show the image on here that you uploaded to Imgur Smiley

Hope that helps.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
markj113
Legendary

Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:15:57 PM

Upload images here :

http://imgur.com/

Click "get chare links" then copy the line under "BBCode (Forums)"
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:19:20 PM

Thanks guys. I also see we are still using SMF version 1 from 2009. Ghetto. Oh well, if anyone serious wants images, I can email them. I've been off the forum for a few years, I guess I was kinda hoping things would be different. I do all my forum stuff from an iPhone. Many people live in the post computer world.

markj113
Legendary

Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:22:23 PM

Thanks guys. I also see we are still using SMF version 1 from 2009. Ghetto. Oh well, if anyone serious wants images, I can email them. I've been off the forum for a few years, I guess I was kinda hoping things would be different. I do all my forum stuff from an iPhone. Many people live in the post computer world.

No offence intended but there have been a few account hacks here recently and I notice your profile states :

"This user's password was reset recently."

Probably just a reset due to length of inactive time but always better safe than sorry.

Edit:

Just spotted your password reset thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1744597.msg17761134#msg17761134
bg002h (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 09:35:32 PM

Yup. That is me. I had to break a casascius bearer bar to get back in…hence my long absence.

At any rate, I wouldn't do business with someone I couldn't verify out of band. Not with this sum.

Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 01:04:09 AM

I ordered two full sets in May 2011. BitBills was gone by September.  I don't know how many they ever sent off, but demand was huge and it took forever for some people to get theirs.  I  x-rayed a one bitcoin bill just to see if any metal pigment from the private key could be discovered. I posted on it here at the time.  I believe I sent that bill to Luke Dashjr (he was new to mining back then and was one of the few, if not the only,  mining pool operator being verifiably honest about  appropriately sharing block rewards with miners).

BitBills were the idea of a couple guys at MIT. One guy's name was Doug Feigelson.  They must've gotten good legal advice early on because they were not around long.  I believe they tried to patent this general idea of using a sticker to hide something, but I'm not certain how such an obvious idea could've been patented in the first place.

Anyhow, I defunded the incomplete set in 2012 or 2013. I still have a cut open 5, 10, and 20.  I have no idea when the last full set was sold.

thanks for the info ! I believe i did see that x-ray a couple months back when I was going through this site.
FFrankie

Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Yup. That is me. I had to break a casascius bearer bar to get back in…hence my long absence.

At any rate, I wouldn't do business with someone I couldn't verify out of band. Not with this sum.

What do you mean? They only address you posted was that of a bearer bar so you had to destroy the hologram to sign a message?
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:03:42 PM

Just upload them to https://imgur.com/ (make sure there's your username on the pics) and post a link as markj113 says. Making them available at email-only makes your offer look shady even if there's everything Ok with it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: