Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Satoshi advertise about bitcoin like alt devs doing now?  (Read 1046 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:07:40 AM

I really thing Satoshi needs some advertisement in the past and sharing his Bitcoin with his other friends is the start that he needs to do so bitcoin would become big in the present time, I think he will need resources in doing this and by thinking that bitcoin will be big someday he would not stop in putting up and sharing up his new found currency!
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:12:01 AM

Its a nice question. Even I havent thought about this. I came to know about bitcoin in the year 2011 while I was surfing the net.First I thought its a joke. Regarding advertisement , I dont think satoshi did that because till now he hasnt come forward to take the credit of bitcoin developer. Other altcoin developers know that bitcoin is the first of its kind and nothing can take its place,and therefore  their coin needs advertisement to replace bitcoin with their own coin.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 10:13:04 AM

I wasn't around when bitcoin was "actually" born. But what  i'm sure about is that Satoshi did not advertise bitcoin as altcoin developers are doing now.

Basically he introduced somehing new while altcoins are nearly the same thing (to some extent) so they have to show that theor coins are better and superior in order to grab some attention.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:21:34 AM

bitcoin never needed advertising. and the only reason why altcoin devs advertise their coin is that they want to get more ICO investors nothing else. you never see an altcoin continue their signature campaign for more than their ICO period. they all stop afterwards. but in reality if they wanted to advertise the coin itself not the ICO, they would have continued more.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:35:10 AM

I want to know whether or not Satoshi attempted to advertise about bitcoin in other forums like developers are doing with their altcoins here?
Paying money to spread the words about bitcoin? or the coding enthusiasts were attracted like a magnet to metal?
I believe altcoins are fake metal painted as metal but fake that is why they spend large amounts that at investors expense.
According to the most community members it's OK if they're scamming people by insta mining or large premined amounts or forging a false market support as long as they can invest in ICO's and have a profit they don't really care about the rest.

Bitcoin is the only genuine and pure cryptocurrency while other coins developers are lurking behind their monitors waiting to grab money from greedy and retarded[1] people.

[1]-they purposely help to hurt the community while neglecting they're the ones getting hurt at the end.

The creation of bitcoin started back at 2007 and this project was even published on some articles but it did not create some noise. In 2009 bitcoin was released to the public and there were documentations made by some people pertaining bitcoin. Though I am not clear about things but it was not Satoshi Nakamoto that advertise bitcoin but rather his fellow developers.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

Satoshi have published whitepaper, created this forum and also sent bitcoin whitepaper to few of the online medias in starting days while he have also founded bitcoin core with interested developers. He have done so much to make bitcoin popular or make people understand what actually is bitcoin/cryptocurrency than any of the alt devs we see right now.
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:25:09 PM

His posts on Bitcointalk are still there to be read.
No he didn't try to pump bitcoin, he generally just tried to help people and introduce improvements to his new currency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: