Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a Google Maps API Developer  (Read 361 times)
WeatherChaser (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:12:18 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a Google Maps API developer to help me with a small project. I am with a fire department in the United States and I have came up with an idea I would like to implement for us to use strictly for our department (non-commercial usage).

What I want this to do:
  • Be able to drop a pin anywhere, and automatically show an alternative route from both intersections.
  • Automatically show the following intervals from each side of the pin dropped (250ft, 350ft, 450ft, 550ft)

I would like for this to be able to be put on a PHP (WordPress) site for our firefighters to use. Is this something someone could easily do?

Social Media Expert For Hire
President and CEO of a large news media network

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 02:19:53 PM

Wouldn't you need two pins? One on the intersection and the other the location you want to go?

You can use google direction api and set up two waypoints on the each path of the intersection , simply call the api twice with the waypoints included on each call like the following

Api call 1: Send with waypoint 1 as parameter so route includes it (forces it to go that way)
Api call 2: Send with waypoint 2 as parameter so route includes it (forces it to go the other way)

WeatherChaser (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:24:11 PM

Wouldn't you need two pins? One on the intersection and the other the location you want to go?

You can use google direction api and set up two waypoints on the each path of the intersection , simply call the api twice with the waypoints included on each call like the following

Api call 1: Send with waypoint 1 as parameter so route includes it (forces it to go that way)
Api call 2: Send with waypoint 2 as parameter so route includes it (forces it to go the other way)
Is that what would need done? 2 waypoints? I'm not a developer (programming), I can design a website but when it comes to JavaScript I know very little.

I guess what I wanted to do was to have it take the leg-work out of trying to find the next nearest-intersection if at all possible, since this would be used in an emergency-services based side. And not everyone is computer-savy.

Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 02:37:49 PM

Is that what would need done? 2 waypoints? I'm not a developer (programming), I can design a website but when it comes to JavaScript I know very little.

I guess what I wanted to do was to have it take the leg-work out of trying to find the next nearest-intersection if at all possible, since this would be used in an emergency-services based side. And not everyone is computer-savy.

I know that from the google maps (ui not the api), it is possible to get an intersection of two streets by joining them with an & like in "12th Street & Adeline Street" which will show you that intersection.

If that query works using the maps api (probably the geocode or places api), you can get the lat and long and place them in a get directions api call along with the waypoints i mention to the tune of something like
"direction from (12th Street & Adeline Street) to Bayside Patient Dispensary via waypoint 1 (adeline street which should return a route going straight up) " and the other route being
"direction from (12th Street & Adeline Street) to Bayside Patient Dispensary via waypoint 2 (12 streetstreet which should return a route going the long way but passing through magnolia street) "

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3158

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 05:27:06 PM

Check there: https://classroom.udacity.com/courses/ud864 (you need to register, but it's free)
It is very simple and easy course for Understanding Google map API Services. If I understand correctly, you are familiar with web design and coding and i guess you will have not a much problem with this course.
regards

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
WeatherChaser (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 03:16:48 AM

If someone can make what I want, or something similar, I will pay!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: