Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sooo, what's up with Breitbart?  (Read 327 times)
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:40:06 AM

OK, I'll admit it. I read Breitbart about every other day. Now, this isn't because I am a fan of Breitbart, far from it. It's more of the same fearmongering and populism that Fox started to traffic in around 2004. But I keep an eye out for dissenting opinions, it is wise to know the opinions of everyone at the table, even if you don't agree with them.

So anyway, in my cursory reads, I've noticed a distinct shift in tone since the ACA repeal shit started up. Breitbart is still firmly up Trumps ass (though not as much lately), but Paul Ryan is no friend of Breitbart at the moment. I've noticed a similar shift in Fox (not so obvious, they are straddling the fence at the moment, and leaning hard to the Trump hand side). So, what's up with Breitbart? Is the ACA angst finally to turn the Breitbart crowd against the White House?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 06:05:41 AM

Doubt it, not when their creator, Bannon is the President's Strategic Advisor. Although they may feel they need to post some critical articles to have the appearance of being objective. I'll pause while you laugh about the idea of Brietbart being objective.

To be fair, I've seen similar bias coming from CNN and obviously MSNBC. CNN will post a photo and headline for an article that suggests something significantly more dramatic than reality, however you have to read the article to know that. All of these news organizations are selling "click bait" articles.

The only way to get real objective journalism is to read from news sources that provide longer, more thought through articles. Online news doesn't do it. We need to go back to the depth and length of real newspapers!
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:05:52 PM

Doubt it, not when their creator, Bannon is the President's Strategic Advisor. Although they may feel they need to post some critical articles to have the appearance of being objective. I'll pause while you laugh about the idea of Brietbart being objective.

To be fair, I've seen similar bias coming from CNN and obviously MSNBC. CNN will post a photo and headline for an article that suggests something significantly more dramatic than reality, however you have to read the article to know that. All of these news organizations are selling "click bait" articles.

The only way to get real objective journalism is to read from news sources that provide longer, more thought through articles. Online news doesn't do it. We need to go back to the depth and length of real newspapers!

Seems everything's clickbait these days. Can't tell if they were doing that on purpose to affect public opinion or they're just trying to cater to the modern human that's known for an ever decreasing attention span.

I don't live in the US and don't visit that site (I don't even know if it's web-only) but it seems that after winning in an upset, the populists are now starting to feign an appearance of "objectiveness". The opposition they've encountered probably gave them pause. Here in the Philippines the administration is trying to change the way they respond to an increasing number of critics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: