Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are all bitcoins considered equal?  (Read 1128 times)
EcoNorm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:55:11 AM

if btc is tracked it can be retrieved if stolen , so that makes it worth less thats my guess
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:01:57 AM

Hundreds of millions or billions of dollars in bitcoin has been stolen. Are these considered less valuable than untainted bitcoin? For example, let's say someone makes a large purchase (unknowingly) of previously stolen bitcoin. They deposit it into an exchange. Will the exchange balk?

If this indeed happens in the future then I'm sure the price will surely bitcoin has decreased, because everyone would assume that after large-generally stolen bitcoin besarana sure the price will be the game by thieves bitcoin. So, they might be better off leaving the bitcoin than getting a great loss. If that is indeed the case then the age of the bitcoin will not longer and experiencing prolonged death

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:33:51 AM

Are these considered less valuable than untainted bitcoin?

Remember that when someone invested to bitcoin and deposited billions or millions of dollars on it. It doesn't matter, that will add up to the total market cap of bitcoin.

For example, let's say someone makes a large purchase (unknowingly) of previously stolen bitcoin. They deposit it into an exchange. Will the exchange balk?

On this case, there are exchanges that doesn't really care and doesn't do some tracing back on where did you got those coins.

I see the real score about this topic here that all bitcoin were created equal because exchangers doesn't have any screening on where that btc was earned, yet most of wallet exchangers were not that strict of account registrations and it remained anonymous wallet users. Those who steal bitcoins wss still hiding in a wealthy status of financial abundance but his reality has an end if ever authority will eventually track him down and fall him into trap.

Yeah I find that thing too, they really don't care at all tracking transactions, as long as customers will use them and will pay the fees then they are fine with it already. But when there are special cases I guess they are taking time to review some transactions. But I know that coinbase is participating with the US gov't on reviewing the customers past transactions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:13:37 AM

They will not, I think some of the stolen bitcoin has got sign in into the mixer or get the btc laundering to make it being a new track and hasn't detected as a stolen amount.

They can be balked it but must prove some of the evidence and try to freeze the amount.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: