Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Death mean to you?  (Read 4342 times)
joymalieza

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

Death for me is victory.  For I believe in salvation and life after death.  It is after death that one could be with the creator.  We could live in a place described as paradise.  It is written that those who believe will soon meet the creator and live with Him in the most beautiful place no words could describe. 

I have lost y son just a dew months ago due to motor accident.  He just turned 15 when he left us.  It was the most painful experience i have ever had.  The pain was nothing compared to my violent and abusive childhood,  nothing compared to my ugly and broken marriage.  My son died on the spot,  it was an immediate death. I found comfort in knowing that he is now in a far better place. I raised my son to fear and believe in God. He was an innocent and pure soul.  He had a warm heart and joyful personality. 

It was such a very difficult and painful experience for me but I live life better now.  Knowing and realizing that life is short I decided to resign from my job and work at home so I could have more time with my two other sons, 17 and 7 years of age.  Resigning from my job and choosing to work at home was an easy decision.  Loosing my son made me realize alot of things.  Working for more than 40 hours and working overtime deprived me to spend more time with my kids.  Work took too much of me.  I thought wokring hard could make me a good mother since I could provide for them but I was wrong and the death of my son made me realize that it was wrong.  I learned a valuable lesson that our kids,  family should come first before anything else.

Now I am a single mother raising 2 boys, i work at home to make sure i have more time for my kids.  We dont have much,  no extra money, we live from paycheck to paycheck but I dont worry about it.  The time and experience I am now making with my kids is priceless.  This is something I would never trade for anything. 

Envy those full time stay home moms who devote their time for their kids and family. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:41:36 PM

Every person will mrasakan death and when death has come then it is impossible for them to dodge it by not need to scare or dare to die tai live this life and do good for all so that when death comes for us, they know and tell that we good people

Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:58:22 AM

Death is a new phase of life. Most fear death, often times they want it to come. Death is a part of life to be completed. No one can bail from it. Death is an end, literally because you never know what comes after it.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
OVERT
BOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀███████▄
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░░███████
▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░░▄██████▀
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ANN
THREAD
|Go-Overt
Powered by [banned mixer]
Al Pacino Jr

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:29:12 AM

Death is the end of life Grin
zz0233

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:44:46 AM

Death is terrible, I hope it can stay away from me.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:51:02 AM

I think death is when we are accountable for what we have done in this world

ceremonita

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:35:46 AM

Death is a new phase of life. Most fear death, often times they want it to come. Death is a part of life to be completed. No one can bail from it. Death is an end, literally because you never know what comes after it.

Well, it's not phase of life but death.  Cheesy

It means the end of my dreams and future plans.
ashor

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

it means my last day
blitzsmashinr

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:19:22 AM

I like this question, for me it's a natural event that is imminent and that maybe it would bring us answers to each of us.
galestorm

Activity: 448

Futurov

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:05:16 AM

Death for me is really terrifying. Its not because i'll experience pain or something but because we really arent certain of what lies beyond the boundary. What if its just an endless journey of drifting into nothingness? Or that your just aimlessly wandering around the world, uncertain and alone. The thought of it scares me especially if it involves judgement of where you're going to reside for eternity.. heaven? Hell? Who knows?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
shelly154

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:42:31 AM

Death Means To me: Relief from this Hectic Life
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:59:31 PM

Death is just only the beginning
Berwar

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:38:21 PM

i believe death is just the failure of the body our soul possesses. after death we move on.
energycom

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:00:03 PM

i believe death is just the failure of the body our soul possesses. after death we move on.

To me it's simply the end of all my dreams and future aims. Nothing else.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 12:35:25 AM

Nothing.
cantika

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:18:51 AM

your body is dead but is not really dead, only your body. you'll live again in another world.
diazcole

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:38:56 AM

To die is to return to God, if we are evil it will go to hell and if we are good will go to heaven
anton_lotos

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:49:23 AM

While the topic is taboo in the West, there are many Eastern traditions that encourage discussion, and even meditation on death. Buddhist practitioners who are intellectually inclined are often recommended to meditate on the various stages the body goes through after death so as to remove attachment one has to their body. A Buddhist view of the body might come as a surprise, but the body should be viewed as disgusting and repulsive.

Something I always found quite fascinating was the Tibetan Book of the Dead which I first read in middle school. These three foundations always struck me as "liberating":

1. Death is certain
2. The time of death is uncertain
3. The only thing that can help us at the time of death is our mental development

Here is a bit more if you are interested:

http://www.buddhanet.net/deathtib.htm

To the OP's point on thoughts of death during a depressive episode - be careful not to obsess, or let such thoughts overwhelm you. There is an important distinction to be made between skillful and unskillful contemplation of death. Unskillful thoughts on death will create negative feelings, and ultimately cause you to suffer. If you want to contemplate death skillfully, or mindfully, I do recommend doing so in the Buddhist way, of which there are many resources online and teachers willing to guide you.

Here is a decent guide:

https://kadampa-center.org/sites/default/files/DeathHO5.pdf
28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:03:45 AM

For me, death is the completion of one stage of life and preparation for the next incarnation on earth. The soul is immortal and it needs to go through reincarnation through death.
Triffin

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:02:10 PM

The liberation of my soul ..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: