Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Repaid] €550 loan request. [Physical collateral]  (Read 3300 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 05:18:28 AM by yogg

Hello,

I want to borrow 550 EUR.
Length : max 6 months. I want to be able to repay early.
Interest : 3% / month
Collateral : 2013 0.5BTC Brass Casascius coin.

Reason :
I'm a student. The university year is over in less than 2 months and I'm really short on funds for my current expenditures. This loan will let me breathe until then.
When I'm done with uni for this year, I'll be looking for a temporary job that lasts until the beginning of the next year (we have about 5 months free in between).

I'll use my salary to repay the loan.
I will be earning EUR so this is why I prefer to take a loan in that currency, not regarding the BTC moves.

Collateral :
I am willing to ship one of my casascius coins to a trusted european escrow so he can hold it for the loan duration.
Front pic - Back pic
I'm not sure how to post the pictures in the thread. Also I thought my phone would make better photos than that..

Any questions, please ask. Smiley
If you consider to loan but find the interest too low, please tell me your offer.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is yogg from bitcointalk and today is 03/08/2017.
This signed message is to confirm my EUR 550 loan request.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1F69i8vQDmDsic69jVHwfaZ1XqxsXwEzd
H1bqr6j+9IEIOMFqNg4CB050q7D7wKascnd2wKxjrfr2aYNBltJUN3DxlbtOW3WwV6nKU9f/0RBaJouiIAwKDC8=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

EDIT : I am willing to transact using SEPA Bank Transfer, or any other way that is easy to use to transfer EUR.
EDIT2 : Changed interest from 2.5% to 3%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asxs_btc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://bitcoin-engrave.com

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:29:15 PM

I am interested in giving you a loan.
I'm located in Germany, where do you live/study?

Greetings asxs

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 09:55:17 PM

I am interested in giving you a loan.
I'm located in Germany, where do you live/study?

Greetings asxs

Thank you very much. Smiley
I live in France. I am studying IT, more precisely software development, in a French university.

By the way, I edited the OP about it, but SEPA bank transfer is good for me.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:17:46 PM

So you want 550€ either in BTC or in fiat? Or only in fiat?
It's very different to repay a loan in BTC and with 2.5%/month...Don't sound very attractive for possible lenders this proposal of yours.

Btw, you know that you need to ship and pay any fees for your collateral, right?
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 10:25:21 PM

So you want 550€ either in BTC or in fiat? Or only in fiat?
It's very different to repay a loan in BTC and with 2.5%/month...Don't sound very attractive for possible lenders this proposal of yours.

Btw, you know that you need to ship and pay any fees for your collateral, right?

I would like 550€ in fiat and repay in fiat. The loan involves only fiat.

However the loan collateral is the Casascius coin funded with 0.5 BTC (~550 EUR as of now).
And you can also add the coin premium on top of that.

I know 2.5% is low .. I can make it 3%.
I won't be able to repay before 4th month for sure, so with a 3% rate, the total interest will be 12% minimum.

Yes, I will pay any escrow fee and shipping fee to send the collateral both ways.
asxs_btc

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:57:15 PM

Would you send a copy of your passport if I borrowed you the money? As the amount is in €, what about the risk of a BTC dump and therefore the collateral coin being worth  less than 550€?

Greetings asxs

asxs_btc

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:59:58 PM

Can you explain why your account password was reset recently?

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 11:13:26 PM

Would you send a copy of your passport if I borrowed you the money? As the amount is in €, what about the risk of a BTC dump and therefore the collateral coin being worth  less than 550€?

I'd prefer avoid sending out such sensitive info ... If you have my SEPA details and my passport, you can do nasty things to me.
I do not want to lose my casascius coin. There is only about ~3700 of these that were made, and I don't know how many have been spent ...
I'm really attached to it.

Well, I forgot my password. Normally if you don't logoff from forum, your account remains.
I use long character strings as passwords.

Here is a msg signed by an address I used on this forum in 2015 :

H1bqr6j+9IEIOMFqNg4CB050q7D7wKascnd2wKxjrfr2aYNBltJUN3DxlbtOW3WwV6nKU9f/0RBaJouiIAwKDC8=
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:27:13 PM

I'd prefer avoid sending out such sensitive info ... If you have my SEPA details and my passport, you can do nasty things to me.
I do not want to lose my casascius coin. There is only about ~3700 of these that were made, and I don't know how many have been spent ...
I'm really attached to it.

Well, I forgot my password. Normally if you don't logoff from forum, your account remains.
I use long character strings as passwords.

Here is a msg signed by an address I used on this forum in 2015 :

Signature is verified.

I would not advise that you send anything like a passport out to anyone. If you do, do it with someone who is extremely trusted. Also, may I ask why do you prefer flat over btc? Considering this is a bitcoin forum, asking for a flat loan is pretty odd imho.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 01:11:51 AM

Signature is verified.

I would not advise that you send anything like a passport out to anyone. If you do, do it with someone who is extremely trusted. Also, may I ask why do you prefer flat over btc? Considering this is a bitcoin forum, asking for a flat loan is pretty odd imho.

Thanks for your advice. Smiley

Well, I prefer fiat over btc because I know what my work is worth, and I know how much I can repay.
Doing so also allows me to plan my finances for my next year at the uni.

If I take a BTC loan and sell it to pay for my today's bread & butter, what will happen if BTC goes to the moon ? I will end up defaulting and losing my collateral because I can't buy the BTC back.

On the other hand, there might be some users interested by racking in some % interest instead of having €€€ at sleep.

Another reason is that on this forum, people know how to appreciate physical crypto coins at their best. Smiley

If you are worried about collateral, I can also throw in a 0.125BTC Half Ounce Silver CryptoImperator 2016 Halving Special Edition .. #42 Cheesy
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:43:54 AM

Hello,

I want to borrow 550 EUR.
Length : max 6 months. I want to be able to repay early.
Interest : 3% / month
Collateral : 2013 0.5BTC Brass Casascius coin.

Reason :
I'm a student. The university year is over in less than 2 months and I'm really short on funds for my current expenditures. This loan will let me breathe until then.
When I'm done with uni for this year, I'll be looking for a temporary job that lasts until the beginning of the next year (we have about 5 months free in between).

I'll use my salary to repay the loan.
I will be earning EUR so this is why I prefer to take a loan in that currency, not regarding the BTC moves.

Collateral :
I am willing to ship one of my casascius coins to a trusted european escrow so he can hold it for the loan duration.
Front pic - Back pic
I'm not sure how to post the pictures in the thread. Also I thought my phone would make better photos than that..

Any questions, please ask. Smiley
If you consider to loan but find the interest too low, please tell me your offer.

EDIT : I am willing to transact using SEPA Bank Transfer, or any other way that is easy to use to transfer EUR.
EDIT2 : Changed interest from 2.5% to 3%.

I may be interested in filling this loan if you were able to cut down on the duration of the loan as 6 months is too much for me and probably most lenders here on bitcointalk, and also if you could increase the interest a little.

Also, how is it possible to tell if a physical coin has been redeemed in the past or not? I'm not experienced with such things and don't know how they work.

Let me know your best offer in PM or here and I'll see if it is acceptable to me. I know as a student you're restricted by many things, but taking out a loan here is quite different from in real life, you should know since you were a lender once as well if i'm not hallucinating Wink

Cheers
asxs_btc

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:42:20 AM

I thought of an id picture in order to avoid being paid by a stolen bank account.

Please don't discuss through pm as I am still interested.

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 01:17:27 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 01:28:37 PM by yogg

I may be interested in filling this loan if you were able to cut down on the duration of the loan as 6 months is too much for me and probably most lenders here on bitcointalk, and also if you could increase the interest a little.
As for the loan time frame, I can take a 5 months loan. I can maybe repay in 4 months, but less I have no certainty that I can repay the loan.
Regarding the loan interest, what about 4% / month ? That'd be 20% total interest.
I can NOT give any higher interest, or lower the time frame furthermore.

Also, how is it possible to tell if a physical coin has been redeemed in the past or not? I'm not experienced with such things and don't know how they work.
You can tell it by the way how the hologram looks. The private key is behind the hologram.
There is also a casascius coin tracking tool : https://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=12CMEpCKddNJU3ZJjYFPUcJJxxq918qF4W
This is the page regarding the coin put on as collateral. You an see the first bits of the address in the center of the hologram.

Let me know your best offer in PM or here and I'll see if it is acceptable to me. I know as a student you're restricted by many things, but taking out a loan here is quite different from in real life, you should know since you were a lender once as well if i'm not hallucinating Wink
Yes, you are right. Smiley
Well, I believe there is enough collateral provided for any lender with spare €€€ to be interested.

I thought of an id picture in order to avoid being paid by a stolen bank account.

Please don't discuss through pm as I am still interested.

I am not willing to give out my ID on bitcointalk.org, even for a free 1 BTC whatsoever.
What I can tell you about your concerns is that the loan repayment will come from the same bank account that the lender will send it to. (my personnal bank account ..)
asxs_btc

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:04:12 PM

I´ll send you a PM.

Greetings asxs

asxs_btc

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:43:23 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 10:00:27 PM by asxs_btc

yogg and i agree to the following terms. He will post that he agrees to these terms later.

Loan Amount: 550€, paid via SEPA and repaid via SEPA, no BTC involved; the money has to be paid back from the account asxs_btc sent the money to.
Interest per month: 4%
Repayment Date: 5 month after the arrival of the SEPA, if paid back before the deadline, only the elapsed time has to be paid for, not the interest for the 5 month, partitial payment allowed.

Type of Collateral: one 2013 0.5BTC Brass Casascius coin, unspent;  (https://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=12CMEpCKddNJU3ZJjYFPUcJJxxq918qF4W) +one Crypto Imperator Bitcoin Halving Commemorative Coin 2016 0.125 BTC, unused
The collateral will not be resent to yogg, before he paid the loan.

The coins will be sent to a right now not specified escrow

Procedure:

Physical Coins will be sent to the escrow--> He confirms the arrival and that the physical coins are unused --> I send the money --> Money will be paid back + interest

Greetings asxs

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:01:35 PM

yogg and i agree to the following terms. He will post that he agrees to these terms later.

Loan Amount: 550€, paid via SEPA and repaid via SEPA, no BTC involved; the money has to be paid back from the account asxs_btc sent the money to.
Interest per month: 4%
Repayment Date: 5 month after the arrival of the SEPA, if paid back before the deadline, only the elapsed time has to be paid for, not the interest for the 5 month.

Type of Collateral: one 2013 0.5BTC Brass Casascius coin, unspent;  (https://casascius.uberbills.com/?address=12CMEpCKddNJU3ZJjYFPUcJJxxq918qF4W) +one Crypto Imperator Bitcoin Halving Commemorative Coin 2016 0.125 BTC, unused

the coins will be sent to a right now not specified escrow

Procedure:

Physical Coins will be sent to the escrow--> He confirms the arrival and that the physical coins are unused --> I send the money --> Money will be paid back + interest

Greetings asxs

This is yogg from bitcointalk and today is 03/09/2017
I confirm these are the terms of the agreement with asxs_btc.
ICTu4/9juoWfZHpWYKSCdsfv+fOyFm6a1iPwasnTgtMFLJL9QPuUPuRzfUZPOeW3dUd5g93LcZJM7PeE7Jn3Ccw=

We are currently looking for an escrow. I will update this thread with the differents events occuring regarding the loan, for further reference.

Many many thanks, asxs !  Smiley
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:12:43 PM

This is yogg from bitcointalk and today is 03/09/2017
I confirm these are the terms of the agreement with asxs_btc.
ICTu4/9juoWfZHpWYKSCdsfv+fOyFm6a1iPwasnTgtMFLJL9QPuUPuRzfUZPOeW3dUd5g93LcZJM7PeE7Jn3Ccw=

We are currently looking for an escrow. I will update this thread with the differents events occuring regarding the loan, for further reference.

Many many thanks, asxs !  Smiley

An escrow to hold a physical item?
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:10:36 PM

Exactly ! Smiley

We have contacted several escrows and finally found somebody to escrow this transaction.
PsychoticBoy agreed to help us, so today I have shipped the coins to the address provided by him and forwarded the tracking number to him.

PsychoticBoy, can you please confirm and let us know when the coins have arrived so asxs_btc and I can proceed with the loan ?

Thanks a lot !
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:58:30 PM

Exactly ! Smiley

We have contacted several escrows and finally found somebody to escrow this transaction.
PsychoticBoy agreed to help us, so today I have shipped the coins to the address provided by him and forwarded the tracking number to him.

PsychoticBoy, can you please confirm and let us know when the coins have arrived so asxs_btc and I can proceed with the loan ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi yogg and asxs_btc (and readers),

I will provide the Escrow for this loan.
I have recieved the tracking and as soon as the coins arrive I will send pictures with proof and the loan can proceed.

Kind regards,
PB
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:52:20 PM

I have recieved the coins from yogg Smiley

@asxs_btc: you can send the loan to yogg.

Kind regards,
PB
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: