Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Renewable Energy  (Read 13364 times)
Goliaf

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:15:45 AM

I'm a huge fan of renewables. Basically the technology is hear to go 100% green. What's really missing are big government incentives to speed up the process. That's something that really makes me sad.

There is nothing wrong in supporting the renewables. But you must be ready to pay the price. For example, electricity from the thermal power plants cost around $0.03 per KWh. The same from solar panels cost at least $0.10 to $0.20 per KWh. Are you ready to pay the increased price?

Nope not unless it is on the taxpayer dollar and by that I mean subsidized cost an example being subsidizing the cost of changing a lightbulb although most green investments take years to recoup even with some rebates. Installing a new water heater unless your old one is really old is a good example even the solar panels unless you can sell back to the grid at a premium.
The energy which is produced by solar panels you can sell only in the daytime. They have very low productivity and so during the night you will take out more energy than the sell day.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:22:20 AM

I'm a huge fan of renewables. Basically the technology is hear to go 100% green. What's really missing are big government incentives to speed up the process. That's something that really makes me sad.

There is nothing wrong in supporting the renewables. But you must be ready to pay the price. For example, electricity from the thermal power plants cost around $0.03 per KWh. The same from solar panels cost at least $0.10 to $0.20 per KWh. Are you ready to pay the increased price?

Nope not unless it is on the taxpayer dollar and by that I mean subsidized cost an example being subsidizing the cost of changing a lightbulb although most green investments take years to recoup even with some rebates. Installing a new water heater unless your old one is really old is a good example even the solar panels unless you can sell back to the grid at a premium.
The energy which is produced by solar panels you can sell only in the daytime. They have very low productivity and so during the night you will take out more energy than the sell day.

In the year 2015, First Solar agreed to supply solar power at 3.87 cents/kWh levelised price from its 100 MW Playa Solar 2 project which is far cheaper than the electricity sale price from conventional electricity generation plants.[88] From January 2015 through May 2016, records have continued to fall quickly, and solar electricity prices, which have reached levels below 3 cents/kWh, continue to fall.[89] In August 2016, Chile announced a new record low contract price to provide solar power for $29.10 per megawatt-hour (MWh).[90] In September 2016, Abu Dhabi announced a new record breaking bid price, promising to provide solar power for $24.2 per megawatt-hour (MWh) [91]

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:04:27 PM

Well you are right about solar energy, but solar is not the only way to produce electric energy. There are other safe ways of producing energy, while not damaging the nature and planet it self. More and more people are using wind, water and natural things for producing energy, and that is really great, because they get electricity and they do not damage nature.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:15:51 PM

Well you are right about solar energy, but solar is not the only way to produce electric energy. There are other safe ways of producing energy, while not damaging the nature and planet it self. More and more people are using wind, water and natural things for producing energy, and that is really great, because they get electricity and they do not damage nature.

Renewable energy must be the energy that the world must use in order to save the earth from more pollution. Instead of using charcoal and nuclear power then why dont we shift to solar power, hydro power, wind power and many more. There are many ways of producing energy and we must choose the energy that is environmental friendly and sustainable.
Barkly186

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:19:00 PM

The oil lobby will never allow it. Until not running out of oil they will slow down the development of alternative sources of energy.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:22:53 PM

Renewable energy must be the energy that the world must use in order to save the earth from more pollution. Instead of using charcoal and nuclear power then why dont we shift to solar power, hydro power, wind power and many more. There are many ways of producing energy and we must choose the energy that is environmental friendly and sustainable.
That is right, we need to be more focused on natural way of producing electricity... Well that is only till the time comes and cold fusion start to be widely used. I am more for natural and safe way of producing energy, but i can not oversee one question that comes to my mind all the time. Will solar, hydro, and wind power be enough to supply us? I do not think it will. But as far as i know, and i must say i do not know much, cold fusion is future. Maybe every house will have small fusion generator which will produce energy for them. And as far as i know, its pretty much safe.
Barkly186

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:30:03 PM

I agree with you. It is likely that the most likely option. Maybe we will live to see it. In any case, I hope that oil will fall in price and fuel will return to a reasonable price.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:24:38 PM

Government should give tax breaks for companies who use renewable energy. That might encourage them to actually use renewables as well as stimulate the renewables sector since there would be increased demand.

There has been several proposed projects in the past but I would like that at least someone focus on extracting energy from waste. Methane is a potent greenhouse gas and the less we pump out, the better. I don't know much about chemistry but I read that when burning methane, the byproducts would be just water and carbon dioxide. Sure, CO2 is still a greenhouse gas and it's one that we're producing the most but it's still less potent than methane.

I remember Kaoshiung in Taiwan has converted an old dump site into a power plant (more reasons to segregate trash). Here in my 3rd world country, there are hog farms that collect the waste into a covered tank to produce methane, which they burn for electricity as well as for cooking.
In fact, a lot of methane. At the bottom of rivers, marshes, seas. It's silly not to use it. Can be to combat the greenhouse effect we need to protect our forests? Incentives for the production of electricity from solar panels will not help because traditional power is cheaper.

Had we decided to use methane from the very beginning we probably wouldn't have this problem. Unfortunately the cheap fuel available when Ford made the combustion engine was crude oil. Or rather, what was left of crude oil after kerosene was distilled. It was basically a throw-away they thought it was really brilliant to use it for powering engines rather than just allowing it to be dumped into rivers. If they only knew...

Back to methane, I would still prefer we use those generated from biodegradable we threw away. I think that's still better than having to go ruining environment again.

Sigh, if it's only possible to just suck methane and CO2 out of air...
alphablitzer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:45:23 PM

I agree with you. It is likely that the most likely option. Maybe we will live to see it. In any case, I hope that oil will fall in price and fuel will return to a reasonable price.
I think it's not that much possible that oil would fall in price because it's different, not everything uses the oil and fuel. I think the price is going up because the resources of oil is being used up and not only that but the delivery of the oil itself is affecting the price. I hope we find other sources of energy.
TheCoinGrabber

Merit: 302

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:58:03 PM

Agree. Giving bonuses to using them would somehow make up for the expense of installing them. And with more people installing them, more would enter into the business to fulfill the demand. And more people in the industry means more innovation to see who can make the best for the cheapest price.
Life without fossil fuel possible. Recently, it once again proved the Institute of electricity of Costa Rica (ICE), releasing a report, which stated that the country's electricity grid lasted 150 days on renewable energy. Half of these days occurred in the period from 16 June to 2 September. At this time, electricity was extracted with a variety of "green" energy sources.
According to the National center of energy control (CENCE), 80% of the electricity generated by hydropower, of 12.6% was generated by geothermal stations, and 7.6% have windmills and solar energy is brought only 0.01%.
And this is the second experiment in Costa Rica renewable energy. In 2015, the year the country endured them as much as 299 days. China, which is still jokingly referred to as "the world's factory", up to recent times has been the leader in the amount of emitted carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. But earlier the situation was the following: the growth of the economy and the percentage of carbon dioxide emissions were at the same level. Now China's economy is growing, but the volume of harmful emissions is not increased. The fact is that the country actively reduce the consumption of coal and invest in renewable energy. Last year, as reported by Bloomberg, the financial investment in this sector from China was 115 billion dollars, which exceeded the volume of investments in "green" energy in the U.S. and Europe combined.
Denmark, according to the official plan of the government, by 2050, should completely abandon the use of energy fuels. Now the country has about 40% of the energy obtained via wind. Denmark has a very long coast line, that allows the construction of many wind farms.

Yes, it's really possible if the gov't would actually get involved more and keep politics out of this. For example, there are many options for wind power. I've seen standard wind farms, and then there are farms that are floated away from the shore. There fans that use the wind made when waves rush into a tunnel, and I've also seen like, long lines of floaters whose movement generate electricity from waves.
killgald

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:32:12 PM

Agree. Giving bonuses to using them would somehow make up for the expense of installing them. And with more people installing them, more would enter into the business to fulfill the demand. And more people in the industry means more innovation to see who can make the best for the cheapest price.
Life without fossil fuel possible. Recently, it once again proved the Institute of electricity of Costa Rica (ICE), releasing a report, which stated that the country's electricity grid lasted 150 days on renewable energy. Half of these days occurred in the period from 16 June to 2 September. At this time, electricity was extracted with a variety of "green" energy sources.
According to the National center of energy control (CENCE), 80% of the electricity generated by hydropower, of 12.6% was generated by geothermal stations, and 7.6% have windmills and solar energy is brought only 0.01%.
And this is the second experiment in Costa Rica renewable energy. In 2015, the year the country endured them as much as 299 days. China, which is still jokingly referred to as "the world's factory", up to recent times has been the leader in the amount of emitted carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. But earlier the situation was the following: the growth of the economy and the percentage of carbon dioxide emissions were at the same level. Now China's economy is growing, but the volume of harmful emissions is not increased. The fact is that the country actively reduce the consumption of coal and invest in renewable energy. Last year, as reported by Bloomberg, the financial investment in this sector from China was 115 billion dollars, which exceeded the volume of investments in "green" energy in the U.S. and Europe combined.
Denmark, according to the official plan of the government, by 2050, should completely abandon the use of energy fuels. Now the country has about 40% of the energy obtained via wind. Denmark has a very long coast line, that allows the construction of many wind farms.

Yes, it's really possible if the gov't would actually get involved more and keep politics out of this. For example, there are many options for wind power. I've seen standard wind farms, and then there are farms that are floated away from the shore. There fans that use the wind made when waves rush into a tunnel, and I've also seen like, long lines of floaters whose movement generate electricity from waves.
You are right, there are many ways to implement the wind renewable energy and by the time pass there are more and more new ways to genereate renewable energy.

Neon1822

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:39:38 PM

And I saw in our country screw generator. Say that its design allows it to rotate at any time. Even if there is no wind.
TheCoinGrabber

Merit: 302

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:22:07 PM

You are right, there are many ways to implement the wind renewable energy and by the time pass there are more and more new ways to genereate renewable energy.

It might actually allow us to turn global warming to our advantage. I suppose waves would start to become stronger as the seas heat up and  water level rises. Sigh, if only we can harness the power of ever increasingly strong typhoons and hurricanes.
DeanShow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:31:53 PM

It seems to me that the government of all countries United against alternative energy sources. This is because a very large income to the Treasury brings energy taxes. I guess the government doesn't know what to replace these revenues.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 10:52:02 PM

It seems to me that the government of all countries United against alternative energy sources. This is because a very large income to the Treasury brings energy taxes. I guess the government doesn't know what to replace these revenues.
The leaders don't know the adverse effects of what we have now, especially the oil and mining community. If it isn't regulated the way it should be or following strict regulation and compliance to the rules, it should be stopped. It's not just that, it should be to help the environment, that's why it's so sad that the government wants those kinds still.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:15:39 PM

The leaders don't know the adverse effects of what we have now, especially the oil and mining community. If it isn't regulated the way it should be or following strict regulation and compliance to the rules, it should be stopped. It's not just that, it should be to help the environment, that's why it's so sad that the government wants those kinds still.
Why do you think that government leaders do not know about environmental problems? Do you think they are stupid? Believe me they know the issue better than you. Just as they are responsible for public finances. Yes they can save the environment, but it will have nothing to pay pension. How do you think they will choose?
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

Why do you think that government leaders do not know about environmental problems? Do you think they are stupid? Believe me they know the issue better than you. Just as they are responsible for public finances. Yes they can save the environment, but it will have nothing to pay pension. How do you think they will choose?
I don't think that they are stupid, they just know that it happens but not why it happens. I do not generalize them all but there are politicians who makes science as not facts but theories. If you have seen others that do that, you will understand. Let's say you go with that option of yours, (paying pension instead of saving the planet)  happens to the place we live in? It will just be destroyed, and it's our fault because we didn't do much about it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:02:14 AM

I don't think that they are stupid, they just know that it happens but not why it happens. I do not generalize them all but there are politicians who makes science as not facts but theories. If you have seen others that do that, you will understand. Let's say you go with that option of yours, (paying pension instead of saving the planet)  happens to the place we live in? It will just be destroyed, and it's our fault because we didn't do much about it.
I think that the world will be saved by the fact that oil will end. I think that it will encourage politicians to look for new sources of funding for social programs. Personally I had hope for Elon musk, but in recent years, he departs from the projects using alternative energy sources.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 12:16:31 AM

I think that the world will be saved by the fact that oil will end. I think that it will encourage politicians to look for new sources of funding for social programs. Personally I had hope for Elon musk, but in recent years, he departs from the projects using alternative energy sources.
I'm not updated with Elon Musk's project but I know he is trying to b one of the most technological innovated people that we had hope for. He is like the Tony Stark in real life and we know that he is rich and he is trying to make the world a better place. It's not going to be easy but I know it's going to be worth it when it comes to that.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:41:58 AM

No, he isn't. You guys haven't seen solar plants that can produce power at night? Really? They've been around for years!

The Gemasolar plant is owned by Terrsol Energy, a joint venture between the Spanish construction company SENER and Masdar the futuristic zero emission UAE city
This plant deploying the molten salt CSP technology achieved an important landmark, that of 24 hours uninterrupted power production for a full month. This was achieved in June 2011, just a month after the commissioning of the plant.

http://www.solarreserve.com/en/technology/molten-salt-tower-receiver

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███