Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After all bitcoins mined  (Read 2149 times)
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:52:57 AM

What would happen after all the 21 million bitcoins mined? How the transactions would be carried?
According to my calculations,  I am sure I wouldn't be around for that to happen as the difficulty ratekeeps going higher and higher the more new miners enter the fray, I am wondering if the value will still continue to rise when there have been all mined or what.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:59:31 AM

What would happen after all the 21 million bitcoins mined? How the transactions would be carried?

The transactions should be carried in the same way as now.
The difference is that now the miners get the block reward + tx fees and then they'll get only the tx fees.
It's one of the reasons the Bitcoin price (or the fees) will have to rise enough to keep the mining profitable even in those years to come.

In other words, there will be no bloack reward hence the profit in mining would solely dependant with transaction fees.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:29:05 PM

even bitcoin can survival after 2050 is too good for everyone invest it. so dont need to worry what will happen after I die

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
cryptoglobal79

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

--

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:27:58 PM

After all the 21 million bitcoins are mined miners will still continue to secure the network and get paid with transaction fees. I think bitcoin prices will moon then.
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:39:50 PM

I was thinking that after all 21 million bitcoins are mined there are still bitcoins that all the miners can mine from the transaction fee that all the people around the wolrd evryday using but the amount of bitcoins become small and hard to mine

rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:47:57 PM

According to my calculations,  I am sure I wouldn't be around for that to happen as the difficulty ratekeeps going higher and higher the more new miners enter the fray, I am wondering if the value will still continue to rise when there have been all mined or what.
Yes since it would take around 140 more years before the last block of Bitcoin be mined. It's a very long time so we should not be bothered about this because all of us here are dead on that time. Too bad we cannot witness that to happen or maybe we are not sure if that will happen.

Redanim

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

I think miners will get commissions, but they will be not new bitcoins, but will be all those received by someone earlier. To understand what will happen is necessary to look at the economy. In fact, something will come that looks like a gold standard.
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:09:56 PM

After all the 21 million bitcoins are mined blocks continue to build up. Miners will receive fees only.

yes i think u are right
Faith Joy

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:11:33 PM

One thing may happen is bitcoins price will stable at a low to medium amount but will not rise up until demand comes up and supply got lost
If the time that all bitcoins are mined, Nothing special will happen when all the Bitcoins are mined. The price of Bitcoin is determined by current demand to transfer value and expected future demand . The only way this will change is if a constant stable amount of value were continuously being transferred through the system, which would require significant real use. It will be at ease.
pct

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:39:00 AM

I wonder how a new block (without block reward) can still be added into the chain if all 21 million blocks are already mined. This new block can still meet the Proof of Work?
Someone can explain it please thanks.
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:08:18 AM

Bitcoin transactions will be processed, still, with mining. Miners will take profit from transaction fees alone since there won't be any bonus Bitcoin anymore for every successful block mined. I find this question odd since you're a Hero Member. I'll let other judge, for now.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:38:42 AM

they can still mine bitcoin but the only thing they will receive is fee from all the transaction in the current block
the bitcoin mining will end in the 2140 its 122 year from now

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:43:57 AM

Many think about the fate of bitcoin after all the bitcoin is mined, I think the transaction will run as usual now, but in terms of bitcoin prices will rise extraordinary due to a special item.
amzadabir

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:36:12 PM

For Bitcoin, there is no parallel devaluation. If anything, Bitcoins should become more valuable over time as the number of Bitcoins entering the system decreases. Not only is the total supply of Bitcoins capped at 21 million, but the flow of new Bitcoins into the market has also been tapering off. Roughly every four years, the number of Bitcoins awarded for mining a block is cut in half.
When Bitcoin miners “mine” a new block of transactions they are rewarded freshly minted Bitcoins. Originally, 50 Bitcoins were earned for mining a block. Then it dropped 25 Bitcoins, and then to 12.5 Bitcoins. In 2020, it’ll drop to 6.25 Bitcoins.
Thus, while a government may constantly increase its money supply, Bitcoin has built-in features that encourage the exact opposite. The decreasing flow of new Bitcoins and the 21 million cap will help ward off inflationary pressures.
Bigbitman

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:48:51 PM

It is unequivocal that when bitcoin is over then the price will skyrocket. But it will not happen soon. I also think that capitalization will increase. Then the price will in general become very large at the limit of 50-100 thousand

(    MB8Coin    )         The new fuel for an existing Loyalty Rewards Network       
|   WHITEPAPER   |   WEBSITE   |   FACEBOOK   |   TWITTER   |   ANN THREAD   |
●  TOKEN SALE  L I V E !  ●  ( ( (  B U Y   N O W  ) ) )  ●  TOKEN SALE  L I V E !  ●
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:58:44 PM

Probably when all of the bitcoin is mined, it will become more of a rare thing, it will have a high price and it will pretty much be like gold right now, transactions will stay the same because miners need to check  and confirm that a transaction that is sent, and they will still take fees for it, overall i think that satoshi has thought of everything and had a gerneral idea on how the bitcoin will work with its limited supply.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:15:10 PM

It may not take as long as these other posts are predicting. Technology is moving quickly so when more powerful processors are released so will the speed of mining. After the last one is mined, I would say price will rise even quicker!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
maxbit

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:17:27 PM

The fees will most likely go way up and Bitcoin will be more of a store of value coin instead of a transaction coin. It will probably still be used to make large transactions....houses, cars, ect. Will be interesting how many miners stick around for that when the times comes.
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:18:14 PM

I think miners will get commissions, but they will be not new bitcoins, but will be all those received by someone earlier. To understand what will happen is necessary to look at the economy. In fact, something will come that looks like a gold standard.
The miners that want to get paid with Bitcoin can still get paid by mining Bitcoin after all the coins been mined. People should read the Whitepaper.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:19:50 PM

As you can see, bitcoin's mining reward halves (divides by 2) every 4 years, and as satoshi predicted, "bitcoin will either be worth a lot or nothing at all", and we are headed for an "a lot" outcome, innertia is too big now, it cannot fail.

So every 4 years the price should be much higher than before. This will eventually make miners be able to make a living off transaction fees only, without no halving. Of course, unfortunately nobody reading this right now will live to see the day that all bitcoins are mined.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: