So there are is big battle going between Segwit and Bitcoin Unlimited. I have some questions about Bitcoin Unlimited.
What if Bitcoin Unlimited will win the battle;
1) Will it be easier to mine bitcoin again? (Like at the beginning of bitcoin)
2) Will the transactions go though faster? Right now there are 40k unconfirmed transactions
3) What other benefits does Bitcoin Unlimited have except there are unlimited Bitcoins?
4) What do you think it will do to the price? Many people say it will MOON, but when there is unlimited resource of something I only see it dumping..
Thanks for answering my question. I greatly appreciate it
1. No. It won't, it'll still be pretty hard, probably less profitable in fact because far more transactions would be in each block as I recall. It would still be a strong enough business for the major companies though.
2. Yes. Much, much, much faster, which is the point for both SegWit and Bitcoin Unlimited - pretty much the only point.
3. I can't really answer this. Transactions will be faster, there won't be unlimited Bitcoins - mining rewards will stay the same as far as I know and the max will always be 21 million to be reached in 2040.
4. It will go higher because Bitcoin can become commonly adopted as transactions are more convenient.